Post A Picture Of Yourself!

manderlyh

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I apologize then. I need to stop assuming all these screenames are guys. I guess I must of thought about the song and the fact that it was a guy singing about a woman. I made a similar mistake earler this week when I was hitting on "Ally" until I later saw he was a guy.

Sorry, HeyHey for the mix up. Your fiance looks very happy.

It's okay. Thanks for the earlier comment. ^_^ In response to your question, my fiance and I met through a dating site. In April we will be together two years.

I almost put what site we met on, but I didn't know if it was appropriate. I'm not too keen on paid dating sites although I was on a rather obscure one (bigchurch.com) a few years ago that was pretty cheap. I was on a free site, plentyoffish.com in May/June 2009, but I had bad luck on there (too many creeps). I had a couple of bad experiences over the phone with two different guys and deleted my account.

My fiance and I met on christiandatingforfree.com. I believe it is actually a branch of pof.com. I had my account on there for over a year before I contacted him but most of the time it was inactive. I switched it on and off three times throughout the year (January, May, and August) before I activated it one last time to hit the jackpot. :D It was in either December '09 or January '10. I turned it off so many times because I wasn't having luck and I didn't want to be distracted from school. I sent him the first e-mail on Feb. 28 and we exchanged them for a week until he called me on the phone. We met in person on April 2. Just three days later we were officially in a relationship.

Online dating isn't for everyone, but I don't know why people can be so down on it. If it's done the right way, it's just another means of meeting someone. My fiance was himself when we talked in the early stages. I'm big on honesty and communication, so in my opinion I believe it would be best to be honest upfront. It's better to be yourself and scare someone off than have them set up unrealistic expectations.

I don't mind you getting excited. I like to see someone showing interest and giving compliments. :)

• 2 weeks later...

^ I would google him - no idea what he looks like - but I expect it's an unflattering comparison, and I don't want to get upset. It's already upsetting enough looking like this.

Dude, he was a kick-ass general...no need to get upset. :)

I would like to say thanks to all that have posted their picture on here. All beautiful people. All having much more nerve than I. It is great to see who we all are talking to.

And remember...respect the teachings of your Mama! (thanks Walter)