Post A Picture Of Yourself!

manderlyh

fsmith9095,

Wow, what kind words from you folks! And I thought you guys were great because you were fellow Zep-Heads! THANK YOU!

What I found truly amazing was during the mass genocide in Rwanda in the mid-90's, an estimated 1.2 million people were slaughtered. We thought the mountian gorilla population (which are only found in three countries in Africa) were doomed. Yet not one mountain gorilla was killed during that time! They valued the gorillas more than their fellow human beings. Man....kind?????

It is satisfying, but having AK-47's pointed at your face, wrestling machete's away from thugs and being thrown in a Zaire prison take their toll on a person - especially when they are just there on a vacation!

Oh, and if you are interested in seeing the gorillas, today Rwanda proposed raising the permit fee to see them to $750.00 US. So go soon while it's still only $500.00!!!!

Thank Goodness the genocide in Rwanda spared the mountain gorillas....for once.

I would love to go to anywhere in Africa to see the animals in their natural habitat ...at any price.

You must have quite a few stories to tell,Stryder. From the few anecdotes you've mentioned above,I can assume there's enough material to write a book about your travels to help these endangered species. Start writing,sir!

To follow your earlier comment,I too was fortunate enough to see Zep live in London at the O2. We had rehearsal, backstage and after-party passes too,believe it or not. It all was like a crazy dream.

But I digress......that story is posted on another thread on this forum.

fsmith9095

Talk about envy! I read all the O2 stories and I remember yours well! Yours was nothing less than every Zephead's ultimate fantasy - short of Jimy inviting you to join them on stage! Although I'll never forget my experience at the O2, yours is the stuff of legend - and well written I might add. Last minute tickets to the show, VIP passes - even a comped hotel stay? Unbelievable!

Friends have suggested a book as well, but I've met people that have put my adventures to shame. Besides, there have been incidents that I'd be uncomfortable sharing - things my family don't even know about. And I wouldn't feel comfortable profiting from other people's misery.

We have something else in common I believe. My alma mater recently joined your conference and when both programs rebuild to their former stature, it should be quite a rivalry! Go Bickeyes and Huskers!

Stryder,

Thank you for the kind words. The experience at the O2 certainly was the epitome of every Zep fan's dream. I was extremely fortunate and was the recipient of the generosity of a well-connected Zep friend on FBO.

The whole time there was like a dream...it went too fast...in a blur. I'm really glad you enjoyed reading the account of the O2 show!

I can imagine that writing a book may raise some uncomfortable issues. So I understand why you wouldn't want to write about your ventures. Perhaps some of your colleagues could write a book to benefit the cause they're working for. Just a thought.

My alma mater is Temple University in Philadelphia. I'm not too familiar with college sports but I hope the rivalry you speak of is rejuvenated for the fans!

stryder,

No worries. Its an easy assumption to make. Actually,the Buckeye reference is by Bruce Deerhake,the ownder of Buckeye's long-standing Zep page. ( He's a long time Zep friend on FBO).

The O2 went by in a blur,didn't it? Now there would be a good topic for a book: a collection of stories from fans who were fortunate enough to attend the show....for the enjoyment of other fans who may or may not have attended.

Thank you. I know I would buy it! And any proceeds could go to Ahmet's charity or ABC.

Coincidently,I know of a member here who happens to run a publishing house. I spoke with her a while ago when discussing an idea for a coffee table book of all the venues,studios,hotels and other landmarks Zep made famous.

So there certainly is ground work in place to publish a book. My guess is that it would be a great seller too.

The trend today seems to be ePublishing. Perhaps that may be a way to go....with a downloadable PDF method to purchasing any new Zep book.

The Minxter & honeybrown you both look lovely! :) it's nice being able to see you.

The Minxter & honeybrown you both look lovely! :) it's nice being able to see you.

I know, right? It's so great to match your face to your words!!

Minxter's a red-head! I love it!

Thanks A.....this sounds so James Bondish.....which would make me head of British Intelligence...there's an oxymoron....no offense to any of our Brit friends.....you could put any country's name in front and still have the same oxymoron...especially in the good ole USA.