Post A Picture Of Yourself!

manderlyh

• 2 weeks later...

Cool pics.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks and you're welcome. I owned this model engine (not the drag bike). It was conceived by Nostalgia Cycle in Huntington Beach, CA. Too bad these asswipes made it as it was one of the worst assembled engines ever. They were only in it for the money ($4000 per engine) and didn't give a rat's ass that it was machined and assembled by idiots and they had the nerve to blame the customers for all the problems. It was great on paper and the attraction was that it used all GM internals like valves, bearings, pistons etc. and had a 4 lobe cam. It was a 90* motor and almost 100 cubic inches. Mine was such a nightmare but I was determined to make it work and spent a couple years getting it right. I made some fairly long interstate trips on it until the main bearing went and I was tapped out for money and sold it to a guy in Indiana. He rode it for a while and it's now in someone else's hands. You can go to Facebook to the 'Super Vee Owner's Group' to check them out.

post-503-0-03329900-1392938767_thumb.jpg

Thanks and you're welcome. I owned this model engine (not the drag bike). It was conceived by Nostalgia Cycle in Huntington Beach, CA. Too bad these asswipes made it as it was one of the worst assembled engines ever. They were only in it for the money ($4000 per engine) and didn't give a rat's ass that it was machined and assembled by idiots and they had the nerve to blame the customers for all the problems. It was great on paper and the attraction was that it used all GM internals like valves, bearings, pistons etc. and had a 4 lobe cam. It was a 90* motor and almost 100 cubic inches. Mine was such a nightmare but I was determined to make it work and spent a couple years getting it right. I made some fairly long interstate trips on it until the main bearing went and I was tapped out for money and sold it to a guy in Indiana. He rode it for a while and it's now in someone else's hands. You can go to Facebook to the 'Super Vee Owner's Group' to check them out.

That motor sounds like real trouble even though you got it to a stage where it seemed right.It can always be a worry when you raise the CI's in a motor and if it isn't done right using strong parts by someone that knows exactly what theyre doing then you're in for problems.I'm sure I've heard of Nostalgia Cycle before?

A mate of mine had a 100 ci shovel too but through regular troubles upgraded to a later model EVO,he's had it for almost 10 years now with little to no trouble and he tours a few times a year.The bloke that bought his old shovel took it on a run with a few others last year but she broke down.

Another friend runs a '72 FLH which has been chopped with the motor being "warm to hot" and it's still going strong.

That motor sounds like real trouble even though you got it to a stage where it seemed right.It can always be a worry when you raise the CI's in a motor and if it isn't done right using strong parts by someone that knows exactly what theyre doing then you're in for problems.I'm sure I've heard of Nostalgia Cycle before?

A mate of mine had a 100 ci shovel too but through regular troubles upgraded to a later model EVO,he's had it for almost 10 years now with little to no trouble and he tours a few times a year.The bloke that bought his old shovel took it on a run with a few others last year but she broke down.

Another friend runs a '72 FLH which has been chopped with the motor being "warm to hot" and it's still going strong.

I have many stories to tell about the motor and Nostalgia especially. I was able to expose their dirty deeds in the old Iron Horse magazine and I'm sure Nostalgia wasn't too happy about it. But everything I said was true and I had many others to back me up. We had a half hearted attempt at a class action lawsuit but it pretty much fizzled out. The crooks got away scott free and they eventually sold all the tooling to someone else. I have no idea if it ever panned out or if the Nostalgia curse followed them too. My Shovelhead was also a lot of grief. I was kinda glad to get rid of it. I'll give the Super Vee one thing, it was very smoothe because of the 90* cylinders but the Shovel was a vibrating whore. I could never keep a horn attached to it. :)

Here's a Super Vee drag bike just to get a taste of the motor sound.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=747331675296769&set=vb.100000598312937&type=2&theater

I have many stories to tell about the motor and Nostalgia especially. I was able to expose their dirty deeds in the old Iron Horse magazine and I'm sure Nostalgia wasn't too happy about it. But everything I said was true and I had many others to back me up. We had a half hearted attempt at a class action lawsuit but it pretty much fizzled out. The crooks got away scott free and they eventually sold all the tooling to someone else. I have no idea if it ever panned out or if the Nostalgia curse followed them too. My Shovelhead was also a lot of grief. I was kinda glad to get rid of it. I'll give the Super Vee one thing, it was very smoothe because of the 90* cylinders

but the Shovel was a vibrating whore. I could never keep a horn attached to it. :)

Yeah,the rubber mounting on the later models was a godsend.

Here's a Super Vee drag bike just to get a taste of the motor sound.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=747331675296769&set=vb.100000598312937&type=2&theater

That link didn't work for me but I looked up a Super Vee on YT and wouldn't you know it....it was an advertisement for Nostalgia Cycle :o:D .