Post A Picture Of Yourself!

manderlyh

^^^ :hysterical:

Damn it, Sath! I almost spilled tea all over my keyboard!!

Back on topic, well since today's Thursday, here's a little throw back. Graduation day, 2013.

I'll play along with the Throwback Thursday. In the spirit of the NBA Playoffs starting this weekend, here's me in my basketball uni in 8th grade. (circa 1997-98)

Scan_zpsgmcx8yog.jpg

^^^

Folks, let's set up a Go Fund Me page to get him some pants and a pair dress shoes.

Howdy, Steve! :wave:

In the 5 years I have been on this forum, I have never had a problem with you so far and sometimes, we have even exchanged some pleasantries in the past.

Now, seeing this post of yours, I am guessing you are not very pleased with the way I dress? Fantastic! And now, I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask you.

Number one: How come you haven't posted a photo of yourself? Come on, mate! Show yourself! Since you love to assess other people's looks and dressing habits, why not post a photo of yourself and be judged by others? What's the matter? Are you scared?!

Number two : What gives you the right to judge the looks of random ladies who post photos on this thread just to say hello or in my case, share a special moment in my life with my friends on this forum namely, my college graduation?

Number three : Are all ladies just sex objects, in your eyes?! I ask because your comments towards ladies on this thread, seem to imply exactly THAT!!! Shame on you!

I was just sharing my graduation photo for my friends on this forum to see! Did I do something wrong?!

My looks and the way I dress, are none of anybody's business, including yours!

I also believe that you by incredibly subtly implying that ladies shouldn't wear jeans and that it is a crime for a lady to dress in a masculine way, sound extremely sexist! You might turn around and tell me that you did not make such statements but your post towards my graduation photo speaks volumes!

This is 2015 and not 1915!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

:thumbsup: Congrats on graduating Kiwi! I'll get there one day... well, maybe. :P:unsure:

Thanks, Sath!! :friends: Of course you will! Don't say maybe! You just have to believe in yourself that's all! I know you can do it!! Good luck with it and for any kind of moral support, please don't hesitate to drop me a PM!

I'll play along with the Throwback Thursday. In the spirit of the NBA Playoffs starting this weekend, here's me in my basketball uni in 8th grade. (circa 1997-98)

That's such a nice photo! :D Thanks for sharing and contributing to "Throwback Thursday"! :thumbsup: You must be very tall, mate! I am 5 ft 11 inches tall. You must be more that 6 ft tall?

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Or maybe SHE could set up a fund to raise funds to send you to classes to better your manners.....

Well done on graduating, KIWI xo

Thanks, Julie! <3 I really appreciate you supporting me! :friends:

I have asked SAJ a few questions, in response to his post. Wonder what his response will be like. He'll probably call for my ban, I guess. If he does, I can't stop him but I will not stand for any nonsense from some random guy on the net about the way I dress! It is uncalled for! And I hope Sam Webmaster understands that I usually HATE quarrels with other members on here and that I am very peace loving and I do tend to stay away from all controversial threads, but this one time, I couldn't help myself! If I am banned just because I stood up for myself, then so be it!!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Howdy, Steve! :wave:

In the 5 years I have been on this forum, I have never had a problem with you so far and sometimes, we have even exchanged some pleasantries in the past.

Now, seeing this post of yours, I am guessing you are not very pleased with the way I dress? Fantastic! And now, I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask you.

Number one: How come you haven't posted a photo of yourself? Come on, mate! Show yourself! Since you love to assess other people's looks and dressing habits, why not post a photo of yourself and be judged by others? What's the matter? Are you scared?!

Number two : What gives you the right to judge the looks of random ladies who post photos on this thread just to say hello or in my case, share a special moment in my life with my friends on this forum namely, my college graduation?

Number three : Are all ladies just sex objects, in your eyes?! I ask because your comments towards ladies on this thread, seem to imply exactly THAT!!! Shame on you!

I was just sharing my graduation photo for my friends on this forum to see! Did I do something wrong?!

My looks and the way I dress, are none of anybody's business, including yours!

I also believe that you by incredibly subtly implying that ladies shouldn't wear jeans and that it is a crime for a lady to dress in a masculine way, sound extremely sexist! You might turn around and tell me that you did not make such statements but your post towards my graduation photo speaks volumes!

This is 2015 and not 1915!

Q#1 I will answer via PM.

Q#2: Posting to a public forum invites public commentary.

Q#3: There are actually some issues with objectification that I am trying to work thru.

You've done nothing wrong, nor have I. I merely saw your post (to a permanently ignored user) which I perceived as taking a shot at me for being a strong black man, and responded with one of my own. In hockey it would be called trading elbows in the corner. It's all part of the game we play here. For what it's worth, your gender was not given any consideration at the time I did so. Now that I am reminded you are a female, I regret having made my post because but more so because I am also reminded of who you are as a person.

I have asked SAJ a few questions, in response to his post. Wonder what his response will be like. He'll probably call for my ban, I guess. If he does, I can't stop him but I will not stand for any nonsense from some random guy on the net about the way I dress! It is uncalled for! And I hope Sam Webmaster understands that I usually HATE quarrels with other members on here and that I am very peace loving and I do tend to stay away from all controversial threads, but this one time, I couldn't help myself! If I am banned just because I stood up for myself, then so be it!!

I shall do no such thing. You remain a valuable contributor to this forum.

Q#3: There are actually some issues with objectification that I am trying to work thru.

You've done nothing wrong, nor have I. I merely saw your post (to a permanently ignored user) which I perceived as taking a shot at me for being a strong black man, and responded with one of my own. In hockey it would be called trading elbows in the corner. It's all part of the game we play here. For what it's worth, your gender was not given any consideration at the time I did so. Now that I am reminded you are a female, I regret having made my post because but more so because I am also reminded of who you are as a person.

Steve, I appreciate you taking the time and trouble for replying in such a frank and honest fashion towards my post to you and I really appreciate you sending me a PM too, more than you'll ever know! :friends:

Thank you for that! :) I am very sorry that I lost my temper like that!

I now understand what my post might have looked like to you and I am sorry for all the misunderstanding! I am really glad that both of us are getting the opportunity to clear the air and sort things out! :)

Ethnicity wise, I am Indian and I absolutely hate racist behaviour of any sort. I found the video of the chirping cricket that Sathington posted to be funny!

I wouldn't dream of persecuting any one on the basis of their race, ethnicity, gender, etc. because it is just wrong and just sick! I have friends from so many different countries and cultures like China, Korea, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Singapore, the UK, Australia, etc. but I also know what it's like to be at the receiving end of racist taunts!

Anyway, cheers to you! :beer: Hope you're having a great day in Tokyo! :)

It's been a wonderful 5 years on this forum and I am hoping for at least 5 more years!

Thanks, Sath!! :friends: Of course you will! Don't say maybe! You just have to believe in yourself that's all! I know you can do it!! Good luck with it and for any kind of moral support, please don't hesitate to drop me a PM!

That's such a nice photo! :D Thanks for sharing and contributing to "Throwback Thursday"! :thumbsup: You must be very tall, mate! I am 5 ft 11 inches tall. You must be more that 6 ft tall?

Thanks Kiwi!

6'2, to be exact. ;)

^^^ :hysterical:

Damn it, Sath! I almost spilled tea all over my keyboard!!

Back on topic, well since today's Thursday, here's a little throw back. Graduation day, 2013.

Congrats Kiwi! I have some Aussie friends over here in the U.S. and I love that jet black hair! Very cool and unique! Hope you continue to post, you bring the youthful enthusiasm we often miss around here! Are you a JBT or Xavier Rudd fan by any chance?

:peace:

So now you're a black man, SAJ?

You admitted a few years ago that the person in your old avatar was you and I thought that showed a white man standing next to Bonzos grave...

Ok that makes more sense, I was going to say he must be a real life Uncle Ruckus, judging by his usual racist comments.

hqdefault.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Ruckus

Alright, finally here it goes...

I have never posted a pic of myself on this site. This picture contains a picture of me (not a good one either) and one of my co-workers (we were both extremely drunk at a VIP Sheryl Crow concert for the opening of the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Theatre) and the mayor of Orlando - with the Physical Graffiti background. You can figure out who is who...? ;)

I have never posted a pic of myself on this site. This picture contains a picture of me (not a good one either) and one of my co-workers (we were both extremely drunk at a VIP Sheryl Crow concert for the opening of the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Theatre) and the mayor of Orlando - with the Physical Graffiti background. You can figure out who is who...? ;)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Are you the strong black man? Oh, wait, that's Steve...my bad.

So now you're a black man, SAJ?

You admitted a few years ago that the person in your old avatar was you and I thought that showed a white man standing next to Bonzos grave...

Are you the strong black man? Oh, wait, that's Steve...my bad.

Did you guys notice that he tried to make me seem like a racist? For the record, I posted the crickets chirping because I was relatively sure that pic was not SteveAJones. lpMan will tell you that SteveAJones regularly makes racist comments on these forums, which is why I dislike him.

:wall:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks like Alex Lifeson in the middle.

Congrats Kiwi! I have some Aussie friends over here in the U.S. and I love that jet black hair! Very cool and unique! Hope you continue to post, you bring the youthful enthusiasm we often miss around here! Are you a JBT or Xavier Rudd fan by any chance?

:peace:

Thanks, Walter! :wave: My dad has dark brown hair, so I guess I get my jet black hair from my mom's side of the family! :D I will definitely be sticking around! This is pretty much one of the most friendly forums I've come across in my life (except for a few trolls, of course! ;)). Sam's doing a fantastic job!! I know what chaos is like on an internet forum, as I was a member of one where trolls used to rule roost and where the mods had pretty much given up and fled the scene! It wasn't pretty at all! Yikes! :lol:

Well, I am a big fan of the Aussie band INXS! I really love the songs from the Michael Hutchence era! :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Really nice to see a photo of you, Walter! Awesome that you and your co-worker seem to know the mayor, personally! Do let us know whether you're on the left or right! :D

*Edited for a spelling error

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Thanks, Walter! :wave: My dad has dark brown hair, so I guess I get my jet black hair from my mom's side of the family! :D I will definitely be sticking around! This is pretty much one of the most friendly forums I've come across in my life (except for a few trolls, of course! ;)). Sam's doing a fantastic job!! I know what chaos is like on an internet forum, as I was a member of one where trolls used to rule roost and where the mods had pretty much given up and fled the scene! It wasn't pretty at all! Yikes! :lol:

Well, I am a big fan of the Aussie band INXS! I really love the songs from the Michael Hutchence era! :)

Really nice to see a photo of you, Walter! Awesome that you and your co-worker seem to know the mayor, personally! Do let us know whether you're on the left or right! :D

*Edited for a spelling error

Since that is a god awful drunken picture of me. This was taken last month of me and my mother, while she was staying with us, and will better answer your question of which person I was in the other photo:

Since that is a god awful drunken picture of me. This was taken last month of me and my mother, while she was staying with us, and will better answer your question of which person I was in the other photo:attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Very nice, Walter. Are those beers or very tall glasses of white wine?

And a very nice graduation photo, Kiwi...congratulations on the honour.

Edited by Strider

Since that is a god awful drunken picture of me. This was taken last month of me and my mother, while she was staying with us, and will better answer your question of which person I was in the other photo:attachicon.gifimage.jpg

As larger glass of Vin Blanc I have seen. Chalks would be so proud ( if it was filled with H2O)