Post A Picture Of Yourself!

manderlyh

Thanks Strider. The waiter brought us glasses of champagne because he overheard us talking about Mrs. Walter's treatment ending and his mother went through breast cancer treatment also and thought we should toast it.

Very nice, Walter. Are those beers or very tall glasses of white wine?

Since that is a god awful drunken picture of me. This was taken last month of me and my mother, while she was staying with us, and will better answer your question of which person I was in the other photo:attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's a really nice photo of you and your mum, Walter! Nice to see you and thanks again for sharing! :wave:

Very nice, Walter. Are those beers or very tall glasses of white wine?

And a very nice graduation photo, Kiwi...congratulations on the honour.

Thank you, Strider! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice pompadour!

I miss land lines, you could actually hear what people were saying.

I still have a land line, couldn't have the internet without it. £30 a month for phone and totally unlimited no download cap usage internet, a bargain methinks.

Flashback Friday...Remember land line phones?

attachicon.gif20150427_190534.jpg

Hi Strider! :wave: Nice to see you again! I love land line phones! :)

Nice pompadour!

I miss land lines, you could actually hear what people were saying.

I know what you mean, Sath! When cell phones first became really popular here, my parents decided to give up our land line connection (which we had for around 20 years) and get 2 cell phone connections, in order to keep up with the times. We didn't have a land line for nearly 8 years and then just about a month ago, our internet service provider came out with an attractive offer for a land line + internet combo and we just couldn't resist! I hardly use my cell phone now (but I have decided to retain my cell phone connection, just for emergency purposes, just in case something happens to the land line connection and of course, as an instrument of contact when I’m out). I have started giving everyone my land line number along with my cell and when people ask how come I have a land line in this day and age, I just shrug and say "Well, I guess I’ve gone old school”.

Goodbye battery failures. Goodbye muffled and breaking voices. Goodbye to unnecessary trips to the balcony just to decipher what the person on the other end is trying to say! :blink: Hello clarity and hello privacy! ;)

Yes, cell phones are a part of our lives but that doesn't mean that land lines and cell phones cannot co-exist! B)

Anyway, here is something for Old School Saturday! :)

Presenting my land line phone. The instrument is 16 years old (works like a charm even today! :D). Our land line connection itself is only about a month old.

We had another phone instrument which is 18 years old but unfortunately, it just refused to work!

Luckily, our internet company allowed us to use our own phone rather than a phone provided by the company itself. A lot of internet companies here, force customers to buy and use phones manufactured by the said internet company at exorbitant prices! :unsure:

Edited for a font size problem

post-15112-0-84785400-1431195744_thumb.j

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Yep! Hello. How are you. :)

OMG, thanks for posting that song. I loved ELO in the day, had that album. It says on youtube that it's from 2000... Jeff still sounds great.:)

I know what you mean, Sath! When cell phones first became really popular here, my parents decided to give up our land line connection (which we had for around 20 years) and get 2 cell phone connections, in order to keep up with the times. We didn't have a land line for nearly 8 years and then just about a month ago, our internet service provider came out with an attractive offer for a land line + internet combo and we just couldn't resist! I hardly use my cell phone now (but I have decided to retain my cell phone connection, just for emergency purposes, just in case something happens to the land line connection and of course, as an instrument of contact when I’m out). I have started giving everyone my land line number along with my cell and when people ask how come I have a land line in this day and age, I just shrug and say "Well, I guess I’ve gone old school”.

Goodbye battery failures. Goodbye muffled and breaking voices. Goodbye to unnecessary trips to the balcony just to decipher what the person on the other end is trying to say! :blink: Hello clarity and hello privacy! ;)

Yes, cell phones are a part of our lives but that doesn't mean that land lines and cell phones cannot co-exist! B)

Anyway, here is something for Old School Saturday!

Presenting my land line phone. The instrument is 16 years old (works like a charm even today! :D). Our land line connection itself is only about a month old.

We had another phone instrument which is 18 years old but unfortunately, it just refused to work!

Luckily, our internet company allowed us to use our own phone rather than a phone provided by the company itself. A lot of internet companies here, force customers to buy and use phones manufactured by the said internet company at exorbitant prices!

yeah, we have a landline because of the internet . Wee also have a good deal. We hardly use it, but it has an answering machine attached, so I give out that number when entering competitions or waiting for someone to call back etc :)

I still have a land line, couldn't have the internet without it. £30 a month for phone and totally unlimited no download cap usage internet, a bargain methinks.

Anyway, here is something for Old School Saturday! :)

Luckily, our internet company allowed us to use our own phone rather than a phone provided by the company itself. A lot of internet companies here, force customers to buy and use phones manufactured by the said internet company at exorbitant prices! :unsure:

Good for you guys, we finally got rid of our land line a couple years ago, I miss it. :(

Goodbye battery failures. Goodbye muffled and breaking voices. Goodbye to unnecessary trips to the balcony just to decipher what the person on the other end is trying to say!

^This! ;)

This is great! Has a speaker, top 3 speed dials, looks like a pager. You can always get through to radio contest with the redial on a landline. That's a nice phone. I wouldn't mind having a landline again, if it's like that one.

Also, great pic Strider! :D

If we're going Flashback, I'll pitch one into the mix of a brother and I. I'm the one in black.

Me.jpg

*edited for more preferable picture.*

Edited by apantherfrommd

Hmm. Do I want to do this? What the hell, I already know I'm an ugly lump, what do I have to lose?

XQ2aC0W.jpg

Electrophile!

Damn glad to see you resurfacing around here after a way too long absence.

Hang around, I missed ya!

yeah, we have a landline because of the internet . Wee also have a good deal. We hardly use it, but it has an answering machine attached, so I give out that number when entering competitions or waiting for someone to call back etc :)

Land lines are so much fun, Julie! I'm really glad that they haven't become extinct or anything! I love using it to dial the numbers of various radio stations to request a song, talk to a DJ and like you mentioned, entering contests! :D

Good for you guys, we finally got rid of our land line a couple years ago, I miss it. :(

Goodbye battery failures. Goodbye muffled and breaking voices. Goodbye to unnecessary trips to the balcony just to decipher what the person on the other end is trying to say!

^This! ;)

Sath, perhaps you can convince your folks to get another land line? :console2:

This is great! Has a speaker, top 3 speed dials, looks like a pager. You can always get through to radio contest with the redial on a landline. That's a nice phone. I wouldn't mind having a landline again, if it's like that one.

If we're going Flashback, I'll pitch one into the mix of a brother and I. I'm the one in black.

Me.jpg

Hi Andy! :wave:

Nice to see a photo of you and your brother! Thanks for sharing! Really love that Led Zeppelin t-shirt! :D Lookin' good!! :thumbsup:

It is a really nice phone instrument! The strangest part is, even though it is an old phone instrument and that cell phones are supposed to be much more advanced technology, I can hear the person on the other end incredibly clearly while using the land line phone and I never have to worry about getting a strong enough signal! The same thing applies when I compare my cell phone's speaker phone facility with that of my land line! My humble little land line phone sure trumps my cell phone in these aspects! ;)

You definitely should get one, if you're keen on it! :)

Me.jpg

Nice Zeppelin shirt. Still have it?

Hi Andy! :wave:

Nice to see a photo of you and your brother! Thanks for sharing! Really love that Led Zeppelin t-shirt! :D Lookin' good!! :thumbsup:

It is a really nice phone instrument! The strangest part is, even though it is an old phone instrument and that cell phones are supposed to be much more advanced technology, I can hear the person on the other end incredibly clearly while using the land line phone and I never have to worry about getting a strong enough signal! The same thing applies when I compare my cell phone's speaker phone facility with that of my land line! My humble little land line phone sure trumps my cell phone in these aspects! ;)

You definitely should get one, if you're keen on it! :)

Thank you! That was the hour my brother, there became a dad. And I became an uncle. :yesnod: John Bonham was Jason's idol.

And I will get one again. Low tech beats high tech. You're right. ;)

Nice Zeppelin shirt. Still have it?

I got it right here. I retired it the same day :D .

• 1 month later...