Post A Picture Of Yourself!

manderlyh

Al, your pictures are fantastic....and I love the Robert story!!! WOW, to meet him once would be a dream come true...and you seem to have managed this a few times. What is your secret? Right place, right time, or what?

ussraleighlpd1meunderpropeller79.jpg

1980 Me under the propeller of the USS Raliegh LPD-1

Yes Engineers do Galley Duty to me cleaning dishes yes it was fun the things i did for my country

medoingmesscookdutybaltimoremd.jpg

Heres how are bunks looked better than some Ships i was on .No its not Halloween a couple of us bought some offical Saudi Clothing and went on the beach kind of a sign of respect for thier culture.It actually worked out well as we were showed all the best places in the city when before when we went out there no one would talk to us much.

London 82

alatbuckinghampalace82londonengland.jpg

Al, your pictures are fantastic....and I love the Robert story!!! WOW, to meet him once would be a dream come true...and you seem to have managed this a few times. What is your secret? Right place, right time, or what?

Careful planning and a lot of luck and attending a hell of a lot of Robert Plant concerts.I have met Jimmy a few times to and John Paul and John and Jason have all except John Bonhams autograph but i met him in 73 and i did not collect autographs back then .If i could go back in time i would change that . Hey sounds like a good topic if you could go back in time.

Some guy comes up and interupts us he wants Robert to sign a armload of stuff.Robert got verry irritated and told him no he had signed stuff for him 3 times already and he did not want his stuff on e bay.I thought he was talking to me and i told him no way Robert would i ever do that .He looked right at me we were standing next to each other getting a picture took and said no not you that one.

ROBERTSHARONANDMENASHVILLE05.jpg

Robert is obsessed with his stuff ending up on the internet, I assured him that I wasn't one of those that would put my Houses of the Holy album on the internet after he said something to me as well. But I am fairly certain he was kidding with me, cause he laughed a bit. Robert's true fans would never do such a thing. No way in hell I am ever letting my signed albums go!

Great pics al.

HELLO I'M NEW!!! I'M 15 YEARS OLD AND I'M FROM POLAND...

LED ZEPPELIN IS MY TRUE LOVE!!!!!! :wub:

HERE's MY PHOTO :D

Marthunieczka054.jpg

Hi Martha! Welcome!

You look stunning! Like any woman/girl coming from the Eastern Europe. I know that because our Italian men are favouring you ladies from Poland, Russia, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia than us.. :(

Joking aside, the best mannequins/fashion models come anyway from these countries.

Keep on rocking with Zep! <_<:thumbsup:

JUSTINANDME05NASHVILLERYMANTHEATER.jpg

Me and Justin at the backstage entrance to the Ryman Theater Nashville in 2005

CLIVEANDMEAFTERBREAKFASTNASHVILLE.jpg

Had breakfast with Clive Deamer in Nashville whole conversation revolved around a lady being killed in California by a Shark while swimming with Seals .He does some diving now and then and i am ex navy

great breakfast conversation no we didnt talk about music other than just before heading our sepearte ways i told him they put on a great show the night before. Then it was off to meet Robert

This picture was taken with the camera in video mode by Robert's verry pretty friend by accident so i didn't get as good a picture as i wanted.This is like the fifth time i had met him since my first time in 73

in New Orleans and my only picture have a stack of autographed stuff and no Robert i would never put it on Ebay thats a inside joke but i will share .Some guy comes up and interupts us he wants Robert to sign a armload of stuff.Robert got verry irritated and told him no he had signed stuff for him 3 times already and he did not want his stuff on e bay.I thought he was talking to me and i told him no way Robert would i ever do that .He looked right at me we were standing next to each other getting a picture took and said no not you that one.I was so relieved imagine one of my main Idols thinking i would ebay his stuff heck no never.Then we asked him why he didnt play New Orleans he said there was no venue suited for what he wanted to play .We suggested the Sanger Theater he said it was being rennovated.This was just a few months before the Hurricanes took out all the venues in the area.We all said goodbye and another moment with Robert was done .To add to the story the night after the show Robert dashed into Robert's Country Bar and took up residence with his band and a few insiders of which i was not one.Well i found a conor stool by the bottom of the stairs and ordered a beer.there was a bouncer gaurding the stairs big guy.I from my spot could see Robert dancing and enjoying himself upstairs its a open room.Anyway the stories people told to try to get up the stairs and the things some of the girls offered were verry intersting i thought they quit doing that in the 80's guess not.Then of course there is the one's who tried force.There was only 2 one little guy bouncer slammed him and sent him on his way.I had asked about a autograph was told Robert was taking a needed day off from that and it would not happen and i was cool with that heck its not like i really needed it for my collection .

Next thing we know this huge Biker looking fella far scarier than me are my new bouncer friend were.

Well he says he is parked out back and has to go out that way.The bouncer tells him to go out from street level out that back door and points .He says no i always go that way and thats the way i am going.

Then after a few minutes of heated disscussion on the matter the guy decides he is going well if any of you ever read a comic its kind of like the Hulk and the Mighty Thor going at it and i am stuck in the conor being crushed behind them.Well partly out of self preservation and partly out of duty to Robert i saw the guy ball up his fist which by the way was nearly as big as my head.I new if they started swinging i would be unable to avoid a bashing so i wrapped both arms around his arm and with everything i had managed to keep the one arm locked up until the rest of the bouncers could get over there.The bouncer told me he was paid several thousand dollars to do the gig he earned it.Well John Baggot the keyboard player saw the whole thing or at least i guess he did he came over and talked to me .I showed him my Zep tattoos and asked him to sign a cd cover he did.Then he asked if Robert had signed it i told him Robert was not signing anything today or at least that was what i had been told.

He told me he would get it for me as he had a inside connection with Robert so off he went and he handed it to Robert well then Robert shook his head no and he then said something in his ear i assumed he told about the inncident he then smiled waved at me and signed it.When i saw him the next day i did not mention it to him. please excuse spelling or grammer errors i have not wrote this much in years. My gosh these picture's forced me to go on a diet and start working out again and have lost 30 pounds so far still working on it my motto eat less move more i think i stole that from someone maybe Walton and Johnson

ROBERTSHARONANDMENASHVILLE05.jpg

Well i found some more pictures and thought i might throw them in .If you get tired of looking at the tell me and i will stop .These relate to the last Robert Meeting described in this post in Nashville

This first picture is the view from our room.That Red Church shaped building is the Ryman Theater were Robert played the second night we were in town Great show .To get there you could actually walk right through the hotel into a hall to a convention center of sorts built on to the hotel go out the door and cross a little street and walk in the Ryman .

VIEWFROMOURROOMNASHVILLE05RYMANTHEA.jpg

They had a no camera policy but this was the stage earlier in the day before the show.The crew was starting to set up

THESTAGEATTHERYMANBEFORETHESHOW.jpg

Inside the Ryman upstairs before the show .For any who dont know this was the home of the Grand old Oprey for many years .When Robert played that night he said .I have been trying to get in here for 30 years and someone left the back door open.He was not lying i watched him go in through the back door

jumped out of a van that had barely stopped and was up the steps in a bound . have to add this picture on another post.

Heres the upstairs area of the Ryman 05

RYMANUPSTAIRS05.jpg

Heres the road crew unloading Roberts gear 05

>

Heres the spot were i was sitting on the bar stool watching Robert dance while the excitement occured as per earlier story This is Roberts Country Bar and the band entered via back door that is directly across from the Rymans back door.

GUYSTANDINGINMYSPOT.jpg

The upstairs Bar were Robert partied

THEUPSTAIRSAREAWEREROBERTANDTHEBAND.jpg

This is the downstairs if you look back and up you can see that the area has no wall so you can see the people up there.

ROBERTSUPSTAIRSPARTYSPOT.jpg