Art Thread

Katuschka

30minpage.jpg

I decided to do my own even though l haven't really drawn or painted in year. A bit crap really but here my 30 min sketch of Page in oil pastel.

At least it got me motivated to start again !!!!!

I don't know anyone who wouldn's say that their works are crap (well, I know some...unfortunately their works really are crap :rolleyes: ). I think it looks fine, a bit expresionistic.

That said, you can post it here if you want:

zeppelin drawings

B)

(Hey, people cherish their babies, what's wrong with that?)

30minpage.jpg

I decided to do my own even though l haven't really drawn or painted in year. A bit crap really but here my 30 min sketch of Page in oil pastel.

At least it got me motivated to start again !!!!!

Woah - looks good to me. Love those colours. I'd hang it in my living room - together with paintings of the other band members in the same style preferably. :D

Anyway, it there anyone who likes old manuscripts? You know, that's my little obsession. Especially The Book of Kells.

I wish thebridge were here....

I've seen The Book Of Kells twice. It's pretty amazing to think of how long it took the monks back then to do it.

I'll post some Monet because I think his work is beautiful:

monetcliff1.jpg

monet2.jpg

monet3.jpg

I'm crazy about Alphonse Mucha

So am I. There were times when I wouldn't use anything else for my signature. The problem is that the format of Mucha's works is usually not very signature-friendly.

I've seen The Book Of Kells twice. It's pretty amazing to think of how long it took the monks back then to do it.

Oh, you're lucky.

It's quite amazing that they actually did it. :lol: I tried to copy of the previously posted Chi-Rho page, but it was a real ordeal. :blink:

Ok...ahem...*bump*.

Since Sam's already here, I hope this won't happen again.

I'm in a romantic mood today, and since I've always liked Caspar David Friedrich....

The Abbey in the Oakwood (My favourite.)

fri2.jpg

Winter Landscape with Church

fri3.jpg

Morning in the Riesengebirge (the region where I live; Riesengebirge is a German name for the mountains, the Czech one is Krkonoše.....you know, I just had to mention it :rolleyes: )

fri1.jpg

Wreck in the Moonlight

fri5.jpg

Graveyard under Snow

fri4.jpg

Ok...ahem...*bump*.

Since Sam's already here, I hope this won't happen again.

You may rely upon it. :D

I'm in a romantic mood today, and since I've always liked Caspar David Friedrich....

The Abbey in the Oakwood (My favourite.)

fri2.jpg

I really, really like this. One of my favorites that you've ever posted. I'm tempted to try doing my own pencil drawing of it.

I'm a big fan of Japanese woodcuts. Most of you will be familiar by this one by Hokusai:

hokusai.jpg

That one comes from the era of the shoguns. These next come much later, from an artist who was working from the late 1800's through WWII, Kwame Hasui:

Hasui1.jpg

Hasui2.jpg

You can see that the technique has been refined considerably.

These next ones aren't from japan at all, but from an artists who is very popular in Northern California, Tom Killion. He uses the same methods as the two guys above, and is quite clearly inspired by them. His studio is near my parents' house, and I've had the opportunity to visit when he had an open studio. I've never been to Japan, but I can tell you that these really capture something about the beauty of California:

Killion1.jpg

Killion2.jpg

These are two I have on my wall, BTW.

I'm see that this thread is meant for real artists :lol: But my husband was trying to talk me into posting some of the drawings I've done of Led Zeppelin members...

Anyway, here some of them are. I did all of them in '03. Now that I look back on them, I could have done them better...each of them took me about an hour and a half, that's probably why :lol::rolleyes: (All inspired by magazine pics....)

Bonham.jpg

Bonham

Plant.jpg

Young Plant

Plant3.jpg

Bulge-y Plant

Jonesy.jpg

Jonesy

Jimmy.jpg

Skinny Jimmy...

Archived