best robert plant cd

jj20030

was wanting to purchase a robert plant cd, whitout buying the whole box set which is ts the best way to get all his best? a best of sorta? any ideas? thanks and sorry if i posted this in the wrong place!

was wanting to purchase a robert plant cd, whitout buying the whole box set which is ts the best way to get all his best? a best of sorta? any ideas? thanks and sorry if i posted this in the wrong place!

the principle of moments

Have to put in a plug for my personal favorite Dreamland--about half solo material (early Strange Sensation stuff), half wonderful covers--I think it shows the full range of what he can do. But 66TT is also a good intro, and I also love FoN, and Mighty Rearranger. Can't go wrong with any of them.

I always loved Manic Nirvana

the Indian chant in the middle of Watching You is intense.

That's my favorite album too, along with Dreamland. I believe the chant is in Arabic though. Intense no matter what the language.

Good starting point. But eventually you will need to get them all for different reasons. Shaken and Stirred is my least fav. and the rest rise and fall on the list, depending on one's mood. His first solo disc is definately Zep flavored, Now and Zen is also but with a "poppy" edge to it. Anyway, even The Honeydrippers is worth it to round out the collection. Have fun :D

Peace.

"Art changes people, people change the world." - John Butler

Sixty-Six to Timbuktu is Plant's greatest hits album. It's a two-disc set with both his hits and a rarities disc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixty_Six_to_Timbuktu

SixtySix.jpg

I agree that this will be the best place to start, but my personal favourite is definitely Mighty ReArranger. He just took everything to another level with that one. It's absolute genius. B)

Archived