"Lez Zeppelin", not Led Zeppelin to play Bonnaroo

manderlyh

Hey all, I'm a Bonnaroo goer who was freaking out over this. The source for the info was

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin

They should be held responsible for doing this. Just thought I should let you all know.

Edit: They have just now removed the headline as well. Somewhere, someone made a HUGE mistake.

Can you give a link to a "specific" NME Story ??

I assure you it was there...inforoo.org has a chat room where we are discussing it. They are saying AP had it up longer.

Good. I'm glad I'm not the only one... <_<

Now I'm going to bed. Before I obsess over something that's not happenin' anyway... <_<

I assure you it was there...inforoo.org has a chat room where we are discussing it. They are saying AP had it up longer.

And I am telling you that I am looking at the RAW Associated Press feed. The initial bonaroo-lineup story was posted at 12:10 a.m. EST and the first-lead writethru came at 12:27 a.m. EST.

And I am telling you that I am looking at the RAW Associated Press feed. The initial bonaroo-lineup story was posted at 12:10 a.m. EST and the first-lead writethru came at 12:27 a.m. EST.

Well people are now saying that maybe the promoters are making the sites pull the info because they are waiting until tickets go on sale to announce Zep.

But I'm pretty certain this was just a horrible mistake, especially since Bonnaroo already has enough headliners for fri, sat, and sun. Also, the promoter, Ashley Capps is being quoted as saying that if they had Zep, they would be "screaming it from the rooftops".

Well people are now saying that maybe the promoters are making the sites pull the info because they are waiting until tickets go on sale to announce Zep.

But I'm pretty certain this was just a horrible mistake, especially since Bonnaroo already has enough headliners for fri, sat, and sun. Also, the promoter, Ashley Capps is being quoted as saying that if they had Zep, they would be "screaming it from the rooftops".

There is no byline on the story, ergo it most likely was information culled from the Bonnaroo Web site. When I hear from my friend at AP, I'll let you know more.

An hour later and Google news still returns both AP headlines with both full articles. Maybe it will all be better in the morning.

If anyone is in Chicago, the Sun-Times picked it up. I'm wondering if they, or any other papers will have the original story in their print issues.

An hour later and Google news still returns both AP headlines with both full articles. Maybe it will all be better in the morning.

If anyone is in Chicago, the Sun-Times picked it up. I'm wondering if they, or any other papers will have the original story in their print issues.

I doubt major papers will pick it up because the quickness with which the error was corrected on the wire.

If anything, if this story is out there and persists, it's only bound to get worse because people will assume it's legit without looking for the corrected version.

if I remember correctly, last time LZ played, they announced it 2 months in advance and this website became dedicated to that one event for the course of about 2 and half months...

not to mention the actual press conference that went along with it, not just some piddling AP article on Yahoo...

Sorry Zephyrus, it just seems the site isn't always first with the news. Maybe because this isn't news so maybe it is first when it's real news, i couldn't say. Now my head hurts.

The link i posted comes from the Telegraph which is actually a very well respected broadsheet, not a rumour mongering tabloid (see The Sun). So you would completely expect their reporting to be spot on.

Anywho, someone at the Associted Press is more than likely out of a job after this.

Anywho, someone at the Associted Press is more than likely out of a job after this.

I realize this site doesn't update much, but really I've found it to be the only 100% truthful source of LZ news, everything else is usually rumor. I think if LZ was really playing again it would be quite obvious. I think most of the reason that this rumor seems so truthful and has found it's way into respectable newspapers is due to the fact that the AP is reporting (and still are, Google's AP page still has the article up here) the story, so many people see it as true, after all the AP is supposed to be a respectable news source. someone's either trying to play or joke, or sincerely messed up when reading the Bonnaroo site. It's plastered everywhere that Jones has no idea what Zeppelin is doing, and I think I'd take his word for it over Plant or Page's. Jones usually speaks the truth, while it seems to me that Page wants to tour and doesn't want to let anyone down, and Plant doesn't want to tour, but doesn't want to let anyone down either. It's hard to take their comments seriously when you know they both really want it to go one way or the other. take everything with a grain of salt...

bonnaroo.jpg

I have a friend who is going and is convinced that Zeppelin will play and that this is all some sort of ruse. These "leaks" are supposed to be hints or some bullshit. I will be fucking pissed if they show up unannounced or they aren't added until after the festival is sold out. I'm too old for these kinds of gigs, but I would make it for Zeppelin.

I logged into this site to verify the headlines as all I could find on Bonnaroo's site was leZ Zeppelin -- I guess my thoughts were conmfirmed. Someone looked at the band and overlooked that it wasn't leD Zeppelin.

I think this was meant as a slight joke by Bonnaroo organizers, but it actually fooled some people. Actually when I first looked at the lineup, I thought it said Led Zeppelin too -- fairly easy mistake to make, I guess.

Archived