"Lez Zeppelin", not Led Zeppelin to play Bonnaroo

manderlyh

I logged into this site to verify the headlines as all I could find on Bonnaroo's site was leZ Zeppelin -- I guess my thoughts were conmfirmed. Someone looked at the band and overlooked that it wasn't leD Zeppelin.

I think this was meant as a slight joke by Bonnaroo organizers, but it actually fooled some people. Actually when I first looked at the lineup, I thought it said Led Zeppelin too -- fairly easy mistake to make, I guess.

it's not a joke folks.. Lez Zeppelin is an all girl tribute band. Mind you I had a minor freak out when I first looked at the list. Someone on another board pointed out what it actually said... I mean doh!, they were way down on the list...

trust me.. it's not a ruse on the promoters part...

They removed the story as well. It was there, however.

EDIT: Headline is still here: http://www.nme.com/news

^^^^^

BTY, you don't "surprise" someone with "LED ZEPPELIN".....

You instead, SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS.

You clear about that??

Here's the only specific NME reference that I have found:

http://www.nme.com/news/pearl-jam/34131

Wow, I can't believe all of this crazy speculation!

I heard just now on Sirius radio, the Classic Vinyl station that plays Led Zep, that Robert Plant, Alison Krauss AND Led Zep were all on the lineup for Bonaroo! Does somebody know something that isn't being announced?

I'm going to email the DJ and find out where she got her info... :o

If people are taking the mistake this far, a lot of people are gonna be freakin' out!

Here is a quote from the Bonnaroo organizer, dated February 5th 2008, This article is in the Daily News Journal in Murfeesboro, tennessee.

"The appearance of Krauss, accompanied by her new musical partner, Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant, is likely to fuel the already widespread rumor that the recently reunited Led Zeppelin could perform at Bonnaroo this year.

When asked outright, Capps denied that the band would make a surprise appearance. “Believe me, if Zeppelin was going to be there we would be shouting it from the rooftops,” he said, adding that no one would be more surprised than him and his team if the band did perform.

The organizers are showing their sense of humor by adding all-female Zeppelin cover band Lez Zeppelin to the bill"

Sorry !.

Here is a quote from the Bonnaroo organizer, dated February 5th 2008, This article is in the Daily News Journal in Murfeesboro, tennessee.

"The appearance of Krauss, accompanied by her new musical partner, Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant, is likely to fuel the already widespread rumor that the recently reunited Led Zeppelin could perform at Bonnaroo this year.

When asked outright, Capps denied that the band would make a surprise appearance. “Believe me, if Zeppelin was going to be there we would be shouting it from the rooftops,” he said, adding that no one would be more surprised than him and his team if the band did perform.

The organizers are showing their sense of humor by adding all-female Zeppelin cover band Lez Zeppelin to the bill"

Sorry !.

Maybe, depending on scheduling and the right alignment of the stars, Plant might jump on stage with Lez Zeppelin and sing a number or two for the fun of it. That would be a nice treat for the crowd. I have seen some fairly odd guest spots at musical festivals in the past. One of the most interesting was at Jazz Fest (1995 I think), where Lenny Kravitz jumped onstage with Jimmy Buffet... very odd pairing... but fun to see!

For those that still want to DREAM . . . :D

http://www.pr-inside.com/led-zeppelin-refo...ert-r424152.htm

This is what worries me most. That AP story was out there for only 17 minutes before it was corrected, and all these stupid PR and industry sites are going with it because they don't understand how the AP wire works. If it weren't for the web, no one outside a newspaper would have read that story.

Oh, and I highly doubt someone's out of a job for that. It was a mistake that was corrected quickly. I doubt you'd get fired for one mistake in your job.

This is what worries me most. That AP story was out there for only 17 minutes before it was corrected, and all these stupid PR and industry sites are going with it because they don't understand how the AP wire works. If it weren't for the web, no one outside a newspaper would have read that story.

Oh, and I highly doubt someone's out of a job for that. It was a mistake that was corrected quickly. I doubt you'd get fired for one mistake in your job.

17 minutes? are you kidding? it's still there... http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jXicZeC...Yi_j0wD8UKK3O80

17 minutes? are you kidding? it's still there... http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jXicZeC...Yi_j0wD8UKK3O80

No, that's the Google feed from the Associated Press. I don't know what the Google site's policy is on killing stories that the AP has authorized to be removed. But it should not be there. This is, however, what happens with the web.

Like I said, if it wasn't for RSS feeds and Web portals being allowed access to AP content, this story would have been corrected, killed and not dissemanated.

Or maybe this...maybe the Associated Press is right and it's not a mistake that Led Zeppelin is confirmed. Maybe ledzeppelin.com and the Bonnaroo website are keeping a secret to surprise the audience? It wouldn't surprise me if Led Zeppelin will show up to play there.

oh c'mon now... seriously... it's not a ruse as I mentioned in a previous post... If you want you can dream about it to your heart's content.. It's not gonna happen, no way.... <_<

No, that's the Google feed from the Associated Press. I don't know what the Google site's policy is on killing stories that the AP has authorized to be removed. But it should not be there. This is, however, what happens with the web.

Like I said, if it wasn't for RSS feeds and Web portals being allowed access to AP content, this story would have been corrected, killed and not dissemanated.

I know that Google takes pictures of pages and the caches them. Doesn;t matter if the cached pages are no longer valid, becuase it's simply a picture of what was posted at a particular time, whether or not the posting was right or wrong. As a rule, Goggle doesn't go back and check up on those cached pages (there a Millions of them....) to see if they're wrong or outdated.

Shit Happens B):D

Now I think I remember JPJ is also playing Bonnaroo. How about foreigner? Then we would just need Jimmy to show up with a les Paul and they could join Robert on stage. or Join JPJ and do a quick hour or two set. Of course we all know that that is as likely as them showing up at a bar in Chicago (only the stones would do something like that) or playing on a roof in London! But we can Dream.

Now I think I remember JPJ is also playing Bonnaroo. How about foreigner? Then we would just need Jimmy to show up with a les Paul and they could join Robert on stage. or Join JPJ and do a quick hour or two set. Of course we all know that that is as likely as them showing up at a bar in Chicago (only the stones would do something like that) or playing on a roof in London! But we can Dream.

John Paul Jones played there last year and IS NOT currently listed on the bill.

Complete Bonnaroo list:

Pearl Jam Metallica Jack Johnson Kanye West Robert Plant and Alison Krauss featuring T Bone Burnett Phil Lesh & Friends My Morning Jacket The Allman Brothers Band The Raconteurs Willie Nelson Death Cab for Cutie B.B. King Sigur Ros Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road Ben Folds O.A.R. Bluegrass Allstars ft. Luke Bulla, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela fleck, Edgar Meyer & Bryan Sutton M.I.A. Umphrey's McGee Iron & Wine Yonder Mountain String Band The Swell Season Talib Kweli Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Soul Stew Revival Gogol Bordello Broken Social Scene Robert Randolph's Revival Rilo Kiley Mastodon Lupe Fiasco Against Me! Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings Pat Green Ozomatli Tegan & Sara Solomon Burke Drive-By Truckers !!! The Avett Brothers Israel Vibration Abigail Washburn & The Sparrow Quartet featuring Bela Fleck Larry Campbell, Jackie Greene, Phil Lesh & Teresa Williams Aimee Mann Ladytron The Fiery Furnaces Orchestra Baobab Ghostland Observatory Jose Gonzalez Dark Star Orchestra Minus the Bear Donavon Frankenreiter Lez Zeppelin State Radio Battles Jakob Dylan Two Gallants The Sword Vampire Weekend Little Feat Nicole Atkins The Felice Brothers Mason Jennings MGMT The Lee Boys Black Kids Serena Ryder Steel Train Grupo Fantasma Back Door Slam Bonnaroo Late Night Chat About with David Cross Janeane Garofalo Zach Galifianakis Jim Norton Brian Posehn Mike Birbiglia John Mulaney Michelle Buteau

Ah ha!!!! Gotcha!!!

LEZ Zeppelin is performing NOT LED Zeppelin! :lol::lol:

The AP is as trustworthy as the E channel nowadays. Until you see a press conference w/ the 3 remaining members....don't believe a fucking thing about any of the rumors....because until that said conference, that's all the news will ever be.

That's the stark and simple bottom line...but will it stop people from posting about it ? NOPE !

nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBsssssss !!!!! :lol:

Well---I already asked for forgiveness---as in "I'm not a n00b!"

Joel, Honeydripper, you guys are jerks. <_<

;)

That's the kindest thing I've heard tonight....thanks. :)

Hey if you do fly in for Alison and Robert....I'll come pick you up at the airport.

:)

Wow, I can't believe all of this crazy speculation!

I heard just now on Sirius radio, the Classic Vinyl station that plays Led Zep, that Robert Plant, Alison Krauss AND Led Zep were all on the lineup for Bonaroo! Does somebody know something that isn't being announced?

I'm going to email the DJ and find out where she got her info... :o

If people are taking the mistake this far, a lot of people are gonna be freakin' out!

Ive also heard Martha Quinn as far back as August saying on Sirius she had solid knowledge that they were doing a tour.

Not till I see them in a press conference will I believe it

Plant's in LA for the Grammy nomination, Jones is working with the Foo Fighters who are being backed by an orchestra on the Grammys. Plus Grohl loves to get behind the drums every chance he gets. it would be interesting if they've been planning something and want to shock the audience.

So you've got 2 members of LZ in town, and Page is biding time until the Plant/Krauss tour is over, plus they're still fresh from the show. Add the orchestra to back them on "Kashmir"?

Wishful thinking, but I don't think it's out of the question.

They've already got some Beatles tribute going on...which I think Bono is going to be in, and the Cirque dancers from Vegas.

Plant's in LA for the Grammy nomination, Jones is working with the Foo Fighters who are being backed by an orchestra on the Grammys. Plus Grohl loves to get behind the drums every chance he gets. it would be interesting if they've been planning something and want to shock the audience.

So you've got 2 members of LZ in town, and Page is biding time until the Plant/Krauss tour is over, plus they're still fresh from the show. Add the orchestra to back them on "Kashmir"?

Wishful thinking, but I don't think it's out of the question.

They've already got some Beatles tribute going on...which I think Bono is going to be in, and the Cirque dancers from Vegas.

Dear dalash--SUPRIZE !----Bono never was a part of The Band called :Led Zeppelin

Archived