zeppelin drawings

Katuschka

I call it The Godfather of Rock

...or The brother-in-law, or the sad uncle of rock as Mr. Plant would have it.

it took me like forever to complete.

TheGodfatherofRock.jpg

Sweet mother! that is beyond amazing! It's beautiful! You have some mega talent girl! I'm jealous! :D

Peep, your drawings are amazingly beautiful! Can I ask what medium you work with usually? Thanks for sharing your talent.

Thank you luv and everybody else who commented, it means so much from true fans of the Golden god :)

For the colored drawings I use pastel pencils, on the B&W pieces I work with graphite pencils (from B to 8B or F to 6F), a couple of times I add inking with black CD markers or pigment liners.

Thank you luv and everybody else who commented, it means so much from true fans of the Golden god :)

For the colored drawings I use pastel pencils, on the B&W pieces I work with graphite pencils (from B to 8B or F to 6F), a couple of times I add inking with black CD markers or pigment liners.

Thanks, I have primarily been working with charcoal as it is a very forgiving medium but I have started to experiment with graphite some. I have a couple of pics that I have been working on with graphite/pencil and as soon as I get the nerve up to post them...well, ya know!

Is there a particular brand of pencil or paper that you use?

Thanks, I have primarily been working with charcoal as it is a very forgiving medium but I have started to experiment with graphite some. I have a couple of pics that I have been working on with graphite/pencil and as soon as I get the nerve up to post them...well, ya know!

Is there a particular brand of pencil or paper that you use?

Oh come on post them up! I wanna see. :)

I use Derwent, Stabilo and Faber-Castell, for paper it can be anything from a simple A4 to fancy cardboard….but for the pastels you have to use Ingres paper, otherwise it'll be hard next to impossible to get good results (on Ingres the powder from pastels clings better to the page).

• 3 weeks later...

This is not my work,nor is it a drawing, it is a painting of Robert enveloped in a zesty swirly whorlepool of a whole lot a vibrant color ,since I just came across this online last night I figured someone may enjoy it here.I LOVE IT ! http://www.Scramplecampbell.com/Imagegalle...RT_ID=1612.html {if you cant find it with what I posted, just search the gallery at the site.} It was created at the Lending Pavilion ,Denver on July 12, 2005 (when you first find the print it appears small, if you click on it ,it will pop up .then it says you may click to view larger ,you will see Robert up close )

Edited by lajoie

This is not my work,nor is it a drawing, it is a painting of Robert enveloped in a zesty swirly whorlepool of a whole lot a vibrant color ,since I just came across this online last night I figured someone may enjoy it here.I LOVE IT ! http://Scramblecampbell.com {if you can`t find it with what I posted, just search the gallery at the site.} It was created at the Lending Pavilion ,Denver on July 12, 2005 (when you first find the print it appears small, if you click on it ,it will pop up .then it says you may click to view larger ,you will see Robert up close )

I`ve added this, as I went to edit previous post (I did not place ... nor did I miss spell gallery {?} ), the edit button was strangely unavaliable to me as it has been on a few other post that I would have like to have edited as well.

Edited by lajoie

Hey Peep girl :D I just showed my mom your drawings and she's completely flippin' out haha. How long have you been drawing? And I was wondering how big are your drawings usually. I really enjoy drawing myself and I'm working on one of Robert now, but I'm scared of using colour. Do you have any tips on what to use? But anywho, as always love your work! :)

Hey Peep girl :D I just showed my mom your drawings and she's completely flippin' out haha. How long have you been drawing? And I was wondering how big are your drawings usually. I really enjoy drawing myself and I'm working on one of Robert now, but I'm scared of using colour. Do you have any tips on what to use? But anywho, as always love your work! :)

Lol, thanks Chell….flattery will get you everything!

I've been drawing since kindergarten (of course the subject then was princess in frilly dresses).

This major leap in realism and accuracy (if you can call it that…) happened in the last 2 years or so, the major improvement came with Robert as a muse.

Well don't be scared of color, I know I was but you just have to throw yourself into it…fumble through errors till you get it right.

I suggest you'd start with colored pencils (they are the easiest) and then move into pastels (water color, oils and etc are still a bitch for me).

I'm having the same dilema chell...I take out the colors and I just seem to freeze up.. :(

Lol, thanks Chell….flattery will get you everything!

I've been drawing since kindergarten (of course the subject then was princess in frilly dresses).

This major leap in realism and accuracy (if you can call it that…) happened in the last 2 years or so, the major improvement came with Robert as a muse.

Well don't be scared of color, I know I was but you just have to throw yourself into it…fumble through errors till you get it right.

I suggest you'd start with colored pencils (they are the easiest) and then move into pastels (water color, oils and etc are still a bitch for me).

Thanks very much! I nearly bought some pastels yesterday but just looking at them scared me :lol: I really need to get over it 'cos I think my drawings would look better in colour. But who knows with me I'll probably just mess them up ha.

I'm having the same dilema chell...I take out the colors and I just seem to freeze up.. :(

Same here! I've tried it before and just feel they look awful. I don't know if it's because I'm so used to just doing them with pencil or what. With the drawing I'm working on now, I basically finished it I just haven't shaded it in or anything. I decided to to scan it the way it is so I can try playing with colour so I don't goof up the original.