zeppelin drawings

Katuschka

^^Thanks Alison :) I've been working on it some more.. I took some detailed pictures:) And I'm changing the background yet again :rolleyes: I also need to change his eye color.. they're not supposed to be blue :lol:

His hair is looking rather poofy at the moment :lol:

6-3-08040.jpg

6-3-08047.jpg

6-3-08052.jpg

6-3-08051.jpg

6-3-08050.jpg

Edited by Sugarplum

^^No. Thank YOU! You and some others here are such talents! You should seriously think about offering your work as lithos for Zep fans. Why not? Even through your MySpace (if you have one). Create a MySpace for your Zeppelin art, and put the link in your sig! Hell, it costs you a few bucks for a nice offset print litho print (excluding setup), and you sell it for 50. Your receipient is happy, and you make a few bucks. Hey, gas is expensive! Get it where you can! :lol:

Me, I'm an artist myself. But I have chronic tendonitis so bad I can barely sign my name, much less render a sketch. But you! Get while the getting's good! Don't be shy about it! People like your work and WILL buy it! Trust me, it won't cost yo a thing to put it out there. There's no investment. No risk. So why not???

That goes for all of you amazingly talented bitches!! :D

^^Thanks so much for the encouragement Ev! I have considered that.. putting some art up for sale on Ebay or something, when I reach the point where I'm satisfied with my work (if an artist is ever truly satisfied :rolleyes: ). I'm really hoping that art.. whether it's drawing, or playing guitar and making music, will become the focal point of my life's work. I'm at the stage where I'm really not sure how I'm going to do that though. I'm a bit worrisome, and words of encouragement such as what you just wrote really do make me feel more hopeful about where I'm going.

And I am so sorry to hear about your chronic tendonitis.. I really am. I truly believe though that even misfortunes such as that can't destroy a strong, thoughtful spirit. I've read some of your posts around the forum.. and you seem very insightful and good-natured. I've actually thought about that from time-to-time.. what I would do if one of my senses were inhibited for whatever reason.. like if I went blind.. where would I find happiness and vent my creativity if I couldn't paint? That's one reason I put so much energy into music and playing guitar as well. Art is a visual expression, and music obviously isn't, but they still both reach into that higher level of expression. Sometimes I even try to write as well. I just try to always keep my eyes open for new paths to go down.

Edited by Sugarplum

^^Thanks Sugarplum! The important thing is to get it out there. Don't be shy! Just DO IT! If you need any assistance, I'll help you out. NO CHARGE! It's sooo easy these days to set up a website, and if no one buys, you're out what? 6 bucks for a year??? Go for it! :D

Edited by Evster2012

Yes, yes, please do start selling your work! Any of you, all of you. I'd buy. You're all amazing, truly incredible talents!

See what I mean? :D

I paid almost $400 for an art print that some of these I've seen here could easily eclipse! 325 pounds I think. And another hundred to have it framed. Yeah, some of us do that for the right piece!

And after you sell a few prints, imagine what you could get for the original!

Assuming you could part with it. :beer:

Once again..thanks Ev! That's so kind.. if I ever need help with that, I'll be sure to let you know :) And wow, Rowan! I guess I should get on that soon.. haha. I seriously have been contemplating the idea.. I just have to get more organized, and.. create some more pieces of course :lol: I'll be sure to announce when I do set up a site like that.. and I'll put the address in my siggie as well :)

See what I mean? :D

I paid almost $400 for an art print that some of these I've seen here could easily eclipse! 325 pounds I think. And another hundred to have it framed. Yeah, some of us do that for the right piece!

And after you sell a few prints, imagine what you could get for the original!

Assuming you could part with it. :beer:

It's kind of funny, because where I live, all I've ever gotten for my work was a 'Best of Show' ribbon at the county art show. I live in a very small town, and most people are just like "Oh that's so nice.. I wish I could draw". But that's really as far as it goes. Can you see why I'm a bit worried as to where my artistic 'career' is going? haha. I think I'm going to try to get into art school.. not only for the sake of learning artistic techniques, but because of the whole artistic and creative vibe that would be present among the people in a place like that. I really hope it's the way to go.. I can't think of a better idea at the moment. I'm hoping that I'll meet some generally creative minds when it comes to art, and hopefully even when it comes to music and guitar.. who knows where it could lead.

And I have a feeling it would be very hard for me to part with an original piece! At least one that I put a lot of time, passion, and love into.

Edited by Sugarplum

Why wait for more pieces? You don't need to get stuff together! Pick your fave and run with it! Seriously! You don't need a gallery or a portfolio! You're not applying for a job. If people want your piece, they want that piece. End of story! :D

Put a link in your sig to your MySpace and direct people to your print for sale. If you get a response, consider a website. In the meanwhile, keep working on your art. The beauty is, this work is already done. You needn't fear a big committment or investment. You make a few copies. That's it. Times have changed, and they've changed to your advantage. The bottom line is, you'll make the people who buy your art way happier than the money you get selling it. The money you make will pay for art supplies.

^^I agree, the main reason I would want to sell my art would be to spread beauty and happiness to other people's lives, and to my own, in response to their appreciation.

I do have a Deviant Art site.. and I know the site has a print-making service.. but I haven't really looked into how that works out yet.. It could maybe be a way to go first on though, since I'm not sure where, and how to go about making prints on my own.

And another thing I've been wondering.. is it legal to sell artwork that was created from use of a reference photo? I mean obviously all of my Zeppelin pieces are created from photographer's photographs.. and I'm not sure what the legal terms and conditions are when it comes to selling celebrity artwork..? Hopefully it's no big deal... I mean the piece itself is formulated from my own mind. I may as well have taken the photo myself. It's just a captured instance of how the person looked at that exact moment.. I may as well have been standing there, looking at them myself.

Kat and Miar, you both know I've always asmired your work. Chell and Sugarplum, absolutely beautiful!

Peep, you fucking scare me!!! :lol:

Thank you :blush:

Sugarplum, your painting of Jimmy is isane! I'm blown away by how many amazing artists we have on here. I know there's several pieces on here I would love to have hanging in my home. Keep up the great work and start naming some prices people! :lol:

All of the latest works appearing here is a little intimidating for me, but...here goes...this is a very rough sketch I did but never fully finished. It always seems that the more I work on a piece the more I ruin it. Sometimes less is better, at least for me. I suppose I should at least finish his shirt. This has always been my favorite picture of Robert with Carmen.

robandcarmen.jpg

All of the latest works appearing here is a little intimidating for me, but...here goes...this is a very rough sketch I did but never fully finished. It always seems that the more I work on a piece the more I ruin it. Sometimes less is better, at least for me. I suppose I should at least finish his shirt. This has always been my favorite picture of Robert with Carmen.

robandcarmen.jpg

:o I think it's absolutely beautiful!!

robandcarmen.jpg

super cute!

robandcarmen.jpg

I like it a lot! :notworthy: I think the sketchy look works very well. No need to be intimidated at all :) I love this picture.. I've been wanting to draw it for a while. Please keep up with the drawings.. I would love to see more! And great job with his hair.. it looks very wispy :)

Sugarplum, your painting of Jimmy is isane! I'm blown away by how many amazing artists we have on here. I know there's several pieces on here I would love to have hanging in my home. Keep up the great work and start naming some prices people! :lol:

Thanks so much Chell :blush: