zeppelin drawings

Katuschka

That is really beautiful. Your others are too. I love how you made his eyes show up.

Thanks! As you can tell, Jimmy's my favorite, but I'll be drawing the other guys also. Finding good large sharp photos is the challenge. I'm glad you like it!

oh my god. that is just so well done, it's just like a photo! just stunning, congrats.

It's pretty much a reflection of how I see Jimmy...I guess my portraits say how I feel about him better than I could ever put into words. I'm really glad you like it! I came across some great recent photos of him, so I'll post those drawings when I finish them. I love his white hair.

It's pretty much a reflection of how I see Jimmy...I guess my portraits say how I feel about him better than I could ever put into words. I'm really glad you like it! I came across some great recent photos of him, so I'll post those drawings when I finish them. I love his white hair.

oh yes please, i'd love to see more!

Ms. Blair,

I have a VERY hard time convincing myself that your magnificent works are drawings. Oh, what I would give to have talent like that.

Absolutely superb job. I too would love to see more! :D

Thanks so much for the compliment! I do strive for a very accurate likeness but not photo-realism. When you view the full size image you can easily see the charcoal strokes-I use charcoal pencils (black and white) on gray illustration board. Actual drawing size is 9 x12, approx.

As far as talent goes, it's 5% talent and 95% practice! Of course, I've been drawing all my life...there's always room for improvement! I usually post most of my drawings on DeviantArt, but as I am working on Zep these days, I will post all those drawings here also.

I love this. I wish his black and white shoes showed up but my paper is bigger than our scanner. My father told me he looks like a nobleman. He even has on his dog collar and little rings.

pagey11275.jpg

Edited by aen27

• 2 weeks later...
Je finis!

yeah I as real lazy, it took like 5 minutes to do the backround and I couldn't find the strength to do it for like 3 monthes.

so now it's done.

lastscan-4.jpg

No matter how long it takes, it remains a good job. :)

And a friend of mine did this for me.

canidrawing.jpg

Edited by glicine

• 3 weeks later...

As for the shirt, Aen27, I did a drawing of Jimmy in that shirt too... But, I was too lazy to draw it correctly, so I just did it in this yellow-ish colour... Ähem...

As you all know, his beginning scene in tsrts

rl-jimmy-autumn-lake.jpg

This will be the last post for today... I really need a cigarette now and food in my stomach right afterwards...

Okay, did this some time ago... I wanted to do them in "Whole Lotta Love" Style and personally, I really like it.

Guitars are so hard to draw...

robert-jimmy-whole-lotta-love.jpg

This will be the last post for today... I really need a cigarette now and food in my stomach right afterwards...

Okay, did this some time ago... I wanted to do them in "Whole Lotta Love" Style and personally, I really like it.

This is gorgeous! They both look so cute... :wub:

I think so too. This is so cute!