zeppelin drawings

Katuschka

Heyo!

Well, well, well, I did this long before Christmas. It was a drawing for a T-Shirt I gave to Martina as a birthday present on Jan 14th.

Well, Jimmy playing "In my Time of Dying" '75 in Earl's Court. I just love it how he moves while playing that song...

Sorry for the weird angle of his left arm, but I couldn't manage to draw it differently...

Jimmy__In_my_Time_of_Dying_by_manga_meloney.jpg

This is the t-shirt I gave Martina on her birthday.

Left is front-side of the t-shirt, right the back side - I had the text of "In my Time of Dying" printed on the back side.

The drawing above is now in a "frame" and given to Martina as well.

She loves the t-shirt! (At least, this is what she tries to convince me of ^^)

Happy_BD_Martina_by_manga_meloney.jpg

A sort of "Valentine's Day" drawing will follow this week... (just to tell you, I'm not a fan of the valentine's day, but I'm in a contest on dA and had this wonderful idea to draw...)

Heyo!

Well, well, well, I did this long before Christmas. It was a drawing for a T-Shirt I gave to Martina as a birthday present on Jan 14th.

Well, Jimmy playing "In my Time of Dying" '75 in Earl's Court. I just love it how he moves while playing that song...

Sorry for the weird angle of his left arm, but I couldn't manage to draw it differently...

Left is front-side of the t-shirt, right the back side - I had the text of "In my Time of Dying" printed on the back side.

A sort of "Valentine's Day" drawing will follow this week... (just to tell you, I'm not a fan of the valentine's day, but I'm in a contest on dA and had this wonderful idea to draw...)

That's really beautiful, racchan.

This is my picture of the "Earl's Court" outfit. I don't think I posted it before.

My scanner is too small to have the black and white shoes show up.

scan0002.jpg

Edited by aen27

Heyo!

Well done, racchan! :thumbsup: The drawing and the shirt are beautiful! :wub:

Edited by pagemccartney95

Thanksss!

Ohkay, here's the promised Valentine's Day Drawing, I did for a contest on dA.

That idea came really quickly... I only had to think about it for seconds, then the dialogue and all the other stuff popped up in my mind. I drew that on the last day of my skiing holidays. Bonzo's shirt is supposed to be the one with the peacock feathers, but I had no reference photo to work of and I wanted to finish this drawing.

Ohkay, Jimmy is holding a book - I don't know what book it is. I just didn't want to leave his hand empty, so I put a black book inside. Uhm...Bonzo seems to want to know what book it is, because he reaches for it.

Now to "Lupercalia"... It was a Roman Feast on Feb 15th... Supposedly, Valentin from Termi died on that day (somewhen in the 3rd century) and who knows why Christianity took that day (got something to do a with a poem by Chaucer)... If you're interested, look it up ^^

(But I had to let Jimmy say something like that ^^)

And I guess you all know about the Valentine's Day Massacre in 1929 (Bugs Moran and Al Capone). It too is portrayed in Billy Wilder's "Some like it Hot" (Gangster's names are "Spats Colombo" and "Toothpick Charlie", oh my, I love this film!)

Presents__Lupercalia_and_1929_by_manga_meloney.jpg

In fact I don't really care about Valentine's Day. I just wanted to enter the contest and got that idea... I hope you like it!

Thanksss!

That idea came really quickly... I only had to think about it for seconds, then the dialogue and all the other stuff popped up in my mind. I drew that on the last day of my skiing holidays. Bonzo's shirt is supposed to be the one with the peacock feathers, but I had no reference photo to work of and I wanted to finish this drawing.

Ohkay, Jimmy is holding a book - I don't know what book it is. I just didn't want to leave his hand empty, so I put a black book inside. Uhm...Bonzo seems to want to know what book it is, because he reaches for it.

Now to "Lupercalia"... It was a Roman Feast on Feb 15th... Supposedly, Valentin from Termi died on that day (somewhen in the 3rd century) and who knows why Christianity took that day (got something to do a with a poem by Chaucer)... If you're interested, look it up ^^

And I guess you all know about the Valentine's Day Massacre in 1929 (Bugs Moran and Al Capone). It too is portrayed in Billy Wilder's "Some like it Hot" (Gangster's names are "Spats Colombo" and "Toothpick Charlie", oh my, I love this film!)

In fact I don't really care about Valentine's Day. I just wanted to enter the contest and got that idea... I hope you like it!

That's a lot of fun. Thanks racchan. :D

Thanksss!

Well done, racchan! I love it! :wub:

Thanksss!

hahahaha thats funny. great picture btw

I'll preface this by saying I can't draw at all--

anyway, I've only just looked through this thread, and it seems to me that the most successful drawings are the ones that aren't copies of photographs, and the ones that don't make the band (all of them) look like teenage girls. :D Some of you are very talented, though.

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished this. It's from when Pagey was at the Faces party in 1976. I had to guess what the colors were from the black and white picture. And his little thin socks were inspired by Miss Pamela descriptions. ;):wub:

scan0001-2.jpg

Edited by aen27

I just finished this. It's from when Pagey was at the Faces party in 1976. I had to guess what the colors were from the black and white picture. And his little thin socks were inspired by Miss Pamela descriptions. ;):wub:

scan0001-2.jpg

Oh Alex I love it :o , really, I think this is my favorite by now. Nice job :D It came out wonderful