Songs to Add/Drop from O2 Setlist

Just wondering what everyone else thought about songs that Led Zeppelin should add to the setlist and drop from the O2 gig for a tour, if they so choose to do one. I think that they should drop 'Ramble On' and 'Misty Mountain Hop' for sure. They just didn't do it for me. All the others I think would still fit. Also maybe not play 'Trampled Underfoot' everynight. I would like to see them add 'Thank You', 'In the Evening', 'Heartbreaker' and maybe 'Over the Hills and Far Away' and the 'Rain Song'. What are your thought?

Drop In My Time of Dying and do Carouselambra for once.

Drop IMTOD!?!?!?!?!?!?No way!Carouselambra would be great,but i won't drop IMTOD

Drop:

Misty Mountain Hop

Ramble On

Either For Your Life Or Good Times Bad Time (Hopefully it won't come to that)

ADD:

Heartbreaker

Achilles Last Stand

before the show i would have said lose "in my time of dying", as i have never heard a live version i liked, but i loved it at the O2 show, and i loved "good times bad times".

i don't like "ramble on" done with the electric guitar. i love the song but the electric guitar is very unsubtle for this song.

LOSE:

Ramble On (unless done acoustically)

Black Dog (bored with that song)

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Whole lotta love (though i know they probably wouldn't drop it, i'm bored with it)

Stairway To Heaven (THEY sounded like they were bored playing it - i got the feeling they did it out of obligation, but i'd ragther that they use the space in the set list to play something they're/we're more interested in)

ADD:

Hots on for nowhere

Houses of the Holy

Walters Walk

Poor Tom

Black Country Woman

whether or not they would do them or if they would work in a stadium setting, i don't know, but those are songs i'd like to see. i'd love to see them use more shows as opportunities to dig into their catalog and throw some left field choices in there

Black Dog (bored with that song)

I absolutely loved their performance of Black Dog. I think it's one of my favorite live versions of the song.

Stairway is going to be played at a Led Zeppelin concert, it doesn't matter if Plant likes it or not, it's the song Zeppelin will be the most famous for.

Stairway is going to be played at a Led Zeppelin concert, it doesn't matter if Plant likes it or not, it's the song Zeppelin will be the most famous for.

I think if Robert was really put off on the song, they wouldn't have done it. It's been a long time...So much baggage was hung on that tune, particularly in the media with the so-called "curse" rumors, I don't blame him for turning his back to it, however time and maturity can change and heal. I've heard recent interviews with Robert where he talks about creating magic onstage. My impression is that he's no longer shrugging all those implications off his shoulders, but embracing it. It was magical.

I just heard the full show last week and wouldnt really suggest any changes. I liked the idea of an all electric show since that was mentioned months before the show. If it was two and a half hour show, i'd say a few more electric heavy songs. :D

I sort of think jpj may have wanted to play -ramble on with that great bass part and page/plant were playing that in the 90s, so maybe thats one they really wanted play again. With -trampled, they seem to have so much fun playing that song, really liked the guitar solo on that. Jones had great keyboard sounds throughout, really liked the effect on stairway through the guitar solo buildup section. In the light would have been awesome with the way they were all playing together that night, might've been just as huge as -kashmir.

Maybe a big Jason Bonham drum solo (like his dad did back in the day) would have been cool, too...

I'm glad they played only 16 songs (it leaves us wanting more).... Hopefully, they'll tour.

We'll just have to wait and see.

R B)

I really liked the set. But if i had to choose

Drop

Since Ive Been Loving You

IMTOD (Gonna get killed for that one)

Ramble On

The Song Remains the Same

Add

Over the Hills and Far Away

Communication Breakdown

Heartbreaker

Achilles Last Stand

Babe im gonna leave you

Songs I would love to be played but probably never would.

Royal Orleans

Night Flight

Just wondering what everyone else thought about songs that Led Zeppelin should add to the setlist and drop from the O2 gig for a tour, if they so choose to do one. I think that they should drop 'Ramble On' and 'Misty Mountain Hop' for sure. They just didn't do it for me. All the others I think would still fit. Also maybe not play 'Trampled Underfoot' everynight. I would like to see them add 'Thank You', 'In the Evening', 'Heartbreaker' and maybe 'Over the Hills and Far Away' and the 'Rain Song'. What are your thought?

I think it must of been amazingly difficult to pick and choose from their vast cataloge of songs.

I felt it was a great set.

The only song I was expecting them to play, and they didn't, was the Rain Song.

That is the only song I felt was really missing from the set. That's just my opinion though.

Yeah, The Rain Song is one of my favorites. It's a timeless piece of music.

The dynamics in the song still amaze me, each time I listen to it (especially on headphones).

Maybe, they recorded their rehearsals for O2 concert and have that one on there for us in the bonus section (for the dvd)???

R B)

DROP

Ramble On - Played it too early, besides it's just boring without the acoustic.

Nobody's Fault But Mine - Never really thought this was worthy of a live performance.

The Song Remains the Same - Because it didn't, at all.

Add whatever, there's too many to choose from.

DROP

Ramble On - Played it too early, besides it's just boring without the acoustic.

Nobody's Fault But Mine - Never really thought this was worthy of a live performance.

The Song Remains the Same - Because it didn't, at all.

Add whatever, there's too many to choose from.

I think that -ramble on was an unusual 2nd song in a way, but after the end of that song, the audiences reaction was a sign that nobody quite expected how good it was going to be.

nobodys fault... what? live performance. my brother played nobodys fault for his almost 2yr old son a few weeks ago and he was bouncing around.

tsrts, the concert was not the same....but this version of tsrts was another one that is different with jason and or page, plant, jones playing these days. It had different elements that i am not able to describe i guess.

And on -misty mountain hop, that was mentioned, no way would i have left that one off, that was a great one with jason on backing vocals, another number where they seemed to be really having fun.

Archived