Todd Rundgren On Led Zeppelin Reforming

lajoie

I just read 2 articles online and I am sure there will be more before the day is out ,so I won`t copy and paste .Todd Rundgren is slaming Robert Plant saying the only reason he would do more shows with Led Zeppelin is out of greed. I find this well sick.Why ? Rungren using smear hype is basicly limiting & dictating how Robert Plant can & can not create as an artist.Led Zeppelins band members could have been reformed along time ago if greed was thier exclusive intent.Robert Plant went into the Raising Sand project on an experimental basis--they all were taking it one step at a time ,they even originally said that they weren`t even sure if they were going to tour. The truth of the matter is Led Zeppelins musical past was pointing towards the future ,which is now (they all are capable of creating fresh as well).That and the Honouring of Ahmet Ertegun At The 02 arena on Dec.10.07 are very relevent .Not to mention the fact that the proceeds of that went to fund the oppertunity for countless youth to learn and florish their presious musical gifts.Music itself is an all too important universal aspect of humanity.The music industry is facing much death.It is in great need of a Revival,particularly Rock-n-Roll.It is a Fact that Roberts inlvolvement with Raising Sand has helped sales for indie lable Rounder Records which Alison Krauss has been on all these years. It also gave Country Music as a whole a huge boost.These are facts. Alison Krauss has been a quality musician since her youth I appreciate that.She has had her own following,which she did tour with her own original band US this past summer.She herself has indeed gotten more notoriety a result of Raising Sand, Krauss is also capable of resumeing her musical career with out Robert Plant ,which Its been stated on this forum is only a professional relationship.If Robert Plant & LZ bandmates should reform Led Zeppelin or have any personal obligation in any other area of his life that he wishes to attend to it really is wrong for anyone to imply he is not entitled to make such personal choices creative or otherwise.I find it distrubing that someone on that professional level in the music industry would make such an attempt to do so much harm to a man who is constructively developing only positively for the greater good and welfare of all. If this seems as hero worship of Robert Plant at least it`s based on sound and solid ground.Thank you Robert Plant for being You,All my love! And yes for the very large scope of things I think a reforming of Led Zeppelin is urgently needed for RocK as well as other various global benefits.

I just read 2 articles online and I am sure there will be more before the day is out ,so I won`t copy and paste .Todd Rundgren is slaming Robert Plant saying the only reason he would do more shows with Led Zeppelin is out of greed.

I'm sorry is this the same Todd Rundgren who toured with a group called "The New Cars" in an effort to capitalize on a band's legacy that conveniently didn't have the original drummer or lead singer Ric Ocasek??? Although I have not read the article(s) referenced, I'll pass on giving him any credence when it comes to bashing someone for "greed" as was described.

Hello, its you Todd? Sorry... not interested... go bang on your drum more and keep your Zeppelin-related comments to yourself.

News Flash: nobody gives a shit about what Todd Rundgren thinks.

He's still pissed cause his woman dumped him for Jimmy Page age's ago.

What was the quote? "don't do it, he's the devil", from Bebe Buell's autobiography.

Get over it, dude.

Sorry but even Robert can't claim that. Todd is legendary in that area. Where IS that Knebworth catsuit pic? :blink:

Things aren`t always as they look , at least on the outside. With out a doubt I am sure naturally Robert can claim all those other attributes that make a truely exceptionally exquisite & quintessencal Lover !

Where are the supposed Todd comments?

Todd Rundgren's Caravan is killer and he plays some damn fine guitar.

I read the Rundgren comments at:PR-Inside.com Austria

Blabbermouth.net.NY there articles are on google news---when you type in Led Zeppelin

Archived