On the Radio

Juliet

I don't listen to FM radio. I won't allow a brainwashed DJ or program director to dictate what I'm going to listen to!

Hi A:

If you hear a Zep tune on satellite radio..you are welcome to post it here...I have also posted when I have seen one of Robert's videos on CMT (Gone Gone Gone). CBC Radio 2 has also played one of Robert's tunes ...if you listen to this station now you will hear "classical" music..after 9 at night they have a great jazz show...

FM 96 in London Canada is a great station...I believe Jason Bonham was interviewed by one of the staff when he was in London on his recent tour...

The station is important to the community and their listening area....they play Zep tunes quite frequently as well as tunes by other veteran artists and lots of newcomers...ROCK ON !!!!!

FM radio is a joke. Program directors at these FM stations have horrible musical tastes. And the majority of listeners allow themselves to be brainwashed because they don't know better. I guess the masses are happy hearing Free Bird 50 times in one week.

It's pathetic to hear FM stations come up with program slogans like "Deep Cuts"

If a song is good, shouldn't it be played? I mean, why should In My Time Of Dying by Led Zeppelin, or Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix/Band Of Gypsys be presented by these FM stations acrooss America as "Deep" tracks? Utter nonsense!

Chicago had a great Saturday night show that was broadcast on 105.9 WCKG "Free FM". The name of the show was Bob & Ron's Record Club. The show came on at 12am and ended at 5am. They played nothing but vinyl, and never played the same song twice unless it was on a themed based show. They granted all requests - when was the last time any of you requested a particular song and had it played?

I've been contemplating buying radio time, but my schedule doesn't allow me to make that venture in the immediate future.

Edited by Amstel

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The station I listen to in New Zealand has 53 Led Zeppelin songs they play (55 technically, they play Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid and Your Time Is Gonna Come/Black Mountain Side). They are playing Travelling Riverside Blues at the moment, and they played Down By The Seaside before :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...