The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I wouldn't count the Penguins out just yet. They've got a lot of young guys, and I think they've got a pretty good chance to win it.

I don't think they've come up against a team like the Wings though. So much depth in that lineup and a strong defence. The Pens are going to make it tough but I think they may be a year or two away from being Stanley Cup Champions. It should be a great series though

:yay:

I remember one year I was at our companies training facility and they had some guys from one of our facilities in Detroit there and they were getting into the cup series in one of the rec rooms hell I joined just because they were having so much fun. Man we were blasted. :drunk:

God damn right we won. Pittsburgh has been the best team at home since February, but the Wings are the 2nd best road team in the league. I hope to leave with at least one win. If we can sweep, great....if not, I'd love to win at home.

Congrats to Alberta native, Chris Osgood. His 12th career playoff shutout surpassed Terry Sawchuck, making him have the most in a Red Wings uniform :yay:

I thought this was going to be a much tighter series, but Detroit exploded from the blue line and it remained that way the last two games. All though the Pen's want the Cup as much as Detroit does, the way the Wings are playing, it's like they don't want to be anywhere else.

I have a feeling the Pen's will come out strong in the next few games (especially at home), but I'm sure it won't be enough to take down Detroit.

I don't care who wins really, but the only set back for me is that Saku Koivu is supposed to be the first Europeon captain of a Stanley Cup winning team. ;)

If the Penguins keep letting the Wings camp out in front of the net like they're spending the night at a KOA, this series is over.

doncherry.jpg

Still amazing after all these years. He wore a suit this weekend that looked like a tv test pattern. It literally hurt my eyes.

The CBC had a feature this am ..One of The Red Wings is from Newfoundland....Now what do I do?

Well I already sided with The Pens so I won't abandon ship

GO PENS GO :thumbsup:

PS Bong Man....LOVE THE PIC OF DON.....MAY HE LIVE FOREVER!!!!!

Edited by Juliet

Yeah, he deserves a girls name.

Kid whines about everything. Jesus, he's worse than Tim Duncan

He does. Like I said earlier in this thread, the Pens remind me of the old 80's Edmonton Oilers