The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

It did seem like the refs hated us

I wouldn't say they hated us, rather, they already had a pre-set agenda to get Crosby a cup because he's the league's "golden boy."

I'd say our lines were mis-matched against theirs. I don't think it was them outplaying us that cost us the cup.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey:

Here's some great news NAZEM KADRI of the London Knights will now play for The Toronto Maple Leafs

GO LEAFS GO!!!! GO LEAFS GO

I like the Kadri pick, BB has had a fantastic off season for the leafs :D . We now have a very strong and TOUGH defense :D Best summer that I can remember for the leafs.

GO LEAFS GO

Edited by slagfarmer

• 3 weeks later...
I like the Kadri pick, BB has had a fantastic off season for the leafs :D . We now have a very strong and TOUGH defense :D Best summer that I can remember for the leafs.

GO LEAFS GO

For all his bellowing , something you'll have to get used to in Toronto, he is fully commited to putting the best team that he can on the ice. He seems to have full support from the club brass which is something that he didn't have while he was in Vancouver. Still, his years here were successful ones

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To Juliet: :cheer::yes2:

To Ally: Yeah, Ottawa...until the playoffs Bwahaha!

And in other news: Gretzky Quits

I guess the whole ownership isasue finally took it's toll on old Wayne but unless we find out there was some other reason, I have to agree with Don Cherry. Talk about walking out on your players. :(

Traded to Hamilton perhaps? :D

"Wayne Gretzky resigned as head coach of the Hockey team Phoenix Coyotes yesterday, which lead to many people in Phoenix saying; "We have a Hockey team?" :huh:

- Jimmy Fallon :lol:

Cherry can say whatever he wants about Gretzky, but I really do believe he left the team on terms that suited the best interests for the both of them. Wayne was never really given much to work with in the past eight years anyways, but took on the challenge with hopes of rebuilding this team and I think he had gave it all that he was worth. He took all the blows (scandals and all) head on and still remained the classy guy he is, his reputation from all of this has taken quite a hard hit.

He deserves to work with a great franchise if that was his choice, the NHL owes him that.

Bettman's days as Commishiner are probably numbered anyways and if the sale does go on in Hamilton's favor, he should be fired. He made the NHL a joke long enough.

Amidst talk of the whole Phoenix ordeal and this years Leafs, I will proudly say; GO HABS GO!!! :cheer:

My Wings are playing two games vs. the Blues in Sweden tomorrow and Saturday and hopefully they'll be streamed online somewhere so I can watch them. I'm sure for the Swedish players on our team, it'll be great for them to play in front of a hometown crowd, essentially.

Games start tonight. Caps take on Bruins in Boston. I am hoping the season starts off well.

Olie the Goalie won't be in Hockey first time in 17 years

Pittsburgh+Penguins+v+Tampa+Bay+Lightning+r-9DxMaHf1Tl.jpg

We'll miss him.

It's hard to imagine that Kolzig (one of the classiest guys in Hockey) used to be one of the meanest to play against early in his career, earning his nickname 'Godzilla'. It's a shame that he never played with the Caps as deadly as they are now, but he had some good years (takin' them to the finals in '98 and his Vezina year back in 2000).

As for my Canadiens, it's great to see 'em pop off the season with a win. Toronto came on strong, but Price kept us in it! The way those people (I'm not calling them Habs fans) booed him during our playoff exit last year, we don't even deserve a goalie as good as him and he really proved those losers wrong tonight.

If his goaltending is as strong in the next two weeks when they finally play at home, I hope the fans the the Bell Centre give him an ovation. B)

I'm going to see Price and the rest of the Habs when they come down to Edmonton to play the Oilers next week. I'm very excited, I never been to a Hockey game before! Can't wait! :D

My Canadiens barely came out with a win OT tonight, the Habs were able to keep keep themselves together without Markov and the Sabres outplayed them within the first 30 minutes. The big guys were there whenever Buffalo were roughing up our first (and small) line. Moen was able to (controversially?) tie it and they held out till OT. The Canadiens took quite a few bad penalties and struggled quite a bit when they were on the powerplay as well. Things aren't looking so good for the team now with O'Byrne and Metropolit out. They also need to work on their passing and for the defense, their puck movement isn't as good as it should be. Brian Gionta had amazing hand/eye co-ordination with his goal in OT though, he was able to bat it in the net after Scott Gomez shot it off the boards.

With that pretty much said, I'm very happy that the Habs came out with a win tonight against the Sabres in OT and Carey Price really kept us in it, the kid made over 80 stops in the last two games and he is very hot right now. I hope he's able to keep it up with their western road trip next week, I can't wait to watch him next Saturday when they stop in Edmonton! B)