The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Black Dawg, Enjoy. your boys are going down!!!!

Miller was a beast. 44 saves and they weren't gimmes. Your Sabres are headed in the SCP and George McPhee will be busy building a new team or lying on the beach. I think he needs a long respite and we need a new GM. Caps defense was pathetic. Carlson can't skate. His +/- had to be - 3 last night.

Miller was a beast. 44 saves and they weren't gimmes. Your Sabres are headed in the SCP and George McPhee will be busy building a new team or lying on the beach. I think he needs a long respite and we need a new GM. Caps defense was pathetic. Carlson can't skate. His +/- had to be - 3 last night.

Sorry you had to go through that Black Dawg. You are a good fan and the Caps need fans like you. I think they rely on Ovetchkin to do it all. He is a great player but needs some help. Semin has lied down more than he has stepped up. I do not like Hunter. Fire Hunter. Hire back Wilson or Paul Maurice or Randy Cunneyworth if Montreal lets him slip away. Get a real goalie. Make a couple of trades. I am not saying they cannot make it but Florida is not rolling over and I thought they would. I am trying to nail Ottawa. I want the Rangers. But we have more work. One loss could kill us. you are at Boston and its a tough game to have to say, its a must win.

Just spotted this thread and perhaps not the best thing to admit to right now, but a Leafs fan of 35 years here. :whistling:

These are some sad days for the leafs and the habs.......the garden was chanting "your in last place" to the habs last night ....LOL

The leafs are up on the sabers 2-1 end of the second..first home win in 54 days?

oh wait......it might be 3-1...

Edited by zepscoda

Sad days indeed for the Leafs, but a welcome win at the weekend that may have put the Sabres on the ropes at the 11th hour.

I personally think Burke and Carlyle will get this right, 3 key players are missing from the squad in my view who could guide this young team well.

Here's to 2012/2013 - Ever the optimist! :whistling:

Thankfully my second team are through, so go Blackhawks! :)

Sad days indeed for the Leafs, but a welcome win at the weekend that may have put the Sabres on the ropes at the 11th hour.

I personally think Burke and Carlyle will get this right, 3 key players are missing from the squad in my view who could guide this young team well.

Here's to 2012/2013 - Ever the optimist! :whistling:

Thankfully my second team are through, so go Blackhawks! :)

I thought they'd get it right this season and for a good stretch, it looked as though they were playoff bound. Goaltending certainly let them down but to me, the bigger factor was that for whatever reason, Wilson lost the team. Burke should have made the coaching change much earlier than he did . I think his loyalty to Wilson cost the Leafs big time

I thought they'd get it right this season and for a good stretch, it looked as though they were playoff bound. Goaltending certainly let them down but to me, the bigger factor was that for whatever reason, Wilson lost the team. Burke should have made the coaching change much earlier than he did . I think his loyalty to Wilson cost the Leafs big time

Totally agree with that,

We need a star veteran netminder, an all out goal machine that can offer more than Kessel (who teams can't read) and a strong centre that can mix things.

Carlyle's style behind the bench fills me with confidence as he shows real passion during the games and works to adjust plays. Wilson just stood there, he also never even spoke to the team post game, how crazy is that?!

Fill those three gaps in the off season and next year could see the team really move forward.

Edited by Cuban

I agree with you Cuban. Kessel may end up being off loaded to fill one or maybe even two of the gaps. My Canucks will be off loading one of their goaltenders in the off season. Either Luongo or Schneider would certainly help .

I heard today Kiprusoff may be going from Calgary, so I am sure that area could be covered. As for the goals, Nash has listed Toronto as a team he'd like to go to, so we can hope for that if the Blue Jackets can get real on a deal! :)

I heard today Kiprusoff may be going from Calgary, so I am sure that area could be covered. As for the goals, Nash has listed Toronto as a team he'd like to go to, so we can hope for that if the Blue Jackets can get real on a deal! :)

Nash and Kiprusoff would more than cover a few areas :lol: . I wouldn't rule out a move for Cory Perry either. Guess it really boils down to cap space .

Nash and Kiprusoff would more than cover a few areas :lol: . I wouldn't rule out a move for Cory Perry either. Guess it really boils down to cap space .

Yes, a slight understatement by me there! :lol:

I think some space might be made by burying some players in the Marlies. It's about the team now, they HAVE to step up and what has to be done, has to be done.

This has got to stop.... :beat:

Yes, a slight understatement by me there! :lol:

I think some space might be made by burying some players in the Marlies. It's about the team now, they HAVE to step up and what has to be done, has to be done.

This has got to stop.... :beat:

:yesnod:

Black Dawg, put a shorter leash on that piece of shit Laich or whatever his fucking name is. Gauranteeing the Capitals will make it? OK. Thank you very much. I would put this on every locker in the Florida dressing room. Ryan Miller already has said "he is not Mark Messier". Look what we did to those pathetic weasels. I hope they go down.

Bad news for my boys. Myers can only return if we get in and advance to round two. Erhoff will be ready for round one but not until. We must get in without our star defensemen. A tall order for sure.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Black Dawg, how do you like your boy Laich now? Guaranteeing victory for the Capitals. Ryan Miller told him he is NOT Mark Messier. What a piece of crap. Find yourself a real team. Like the Sabres. How can you respect anything that goes on with that team? Starting with that toothless Ruskie that is banging that tennis star Id put on my bedroom wall if the wife would allow. NOT. She must put a bag over his head. We have to go into Philly and somehow come out with points without Myers and Erhoff. Our two best defensemen are out. Erhoff could make round one if we make it. Myers would be available round two at best. That sucks. Darcy is building a monster. We will be there next year for sure but I am not giving up without a fight. We will throw the kitchen sink at the Flyers with half the Rochester Americans defense. Come on Ryan. You must stand tall once again. IN MILLER I TRUST

pittsburgh always seems to impress me the most.......guess you never know after last year though

I would expect plenty of trouble in that series. It was nasty when they met two games back and even the coaches were screaming at each other. There could be major fights even though the know much is at stake. My money says Cooke will be in a fight before you can count to ten. I have nothing against the Penguins and hate the Flyers. Pittsburgh usually beats them when it counts. But it will be a hard fought series. Huge advantage in the nets for Pittsburgh.

I believe Nashville will defeat Detroit. They are their jinx team to begin with. The Devils got the easy draw getting Florida. I believe the Devils win that one. If Boston were playing anyone else I would have picked them to be upset. But not against a Washington team that was lucky to get in. The series that is very intriguing is Rangers vs Ottawa. Ottawa could very easlly pull the upset. Even though I do not really know if there are any true upsets. I like St Louis big over the Sharks. I say the Blues will crush them in 5. The Canucks have learned how to play those tight 2-1 kind of affairs the Kings are so used to. The Kings are dangerous, but Vancouver has too much firepower. Assuming Daniel Sedin can play, Canucks in 6. Goaltending is even, and I do like this Kings team. But they are the 2012 version of the old Devils. Canucks probably have too much for them. I do not feel strongly either way about Chicago and Phoenix and I would rate this a tossup especially if Toewes cannot play. Goaltending advantage to Phoenix. Smith over Crawford any day. When all is said and done I must pick Pittsbugh to meet either Vancouver, St Louis or maybe, just maybe Nashville. But I like either Vancouver or St Louis to win the cup over the Eastern team, most likely Pittsburgh.

West

LA over Vancouver in 7

Nashville over Detroit in 7

Chicago over Phoenix in 6

St Louis over San Jose in 6

East

NYR over Ottawa in 6

Pittsburgh over Philly in 7

Florida over New Jersey in 7

Boston over Washington in 5