The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I dont know alot about your defensemen? A stay home clear out the crease defensman. But I dont know if the Sabres brass are thinking the same as I am?

They probably are thinking the same as you. Mattius Ohlund is rumored to be up for grabs as he is out of contract at the end of the season. He does have a no trade clause but he may be willing to wave it. He's about the only possibility from our roster. If we were to get Bowmeester as rumored then we might be willing to trade Ohlund as someone else could be the stay at home guy. There is no way I can see the Canucks trading Willie Mitchell as he is a huge playoff performer. He would fit nicely with the Sabres though and be exactly what you want

Hey Ally, good to see your boys did their job. Mine didnt play well or show up, but Carolina's goalie did play an unbelievable game. Robbed us blind on several occasions. Im surprized Rorer hasnt given me the shit. maybe because of their previous two games? The race is far from over. I wish we had Gausted back. We need him to clear out the front of the net Vanek too of course, but they miss Gausted big time. He will be back soon. I am hoping even for Toronto? If we lose to the Leafs Ill be eating crow.

Yeah, it was a good result and important for us to get back on track with a win after losing in Dallas Fri. Like everybody else, we need to put far more in the win column that in the loss column. Montreal looks like we did a few weeks back. Disorganized and snake bit. That's a good thing for you guy's Yukon.

The bookies will never starve. So many of these games you just cant figure. We beat the Sharks, Carolina cant get out of their own way against Colombus and Florida and then we lost to them? And Atlanta goes to Anaheim and beats the Ducks 8-4! Can you believe that one?

I think it's just a case of how teams match up against each other plus, it just proves no team can take anyone for granted.

Hey Ally, good to see your boys did their job. Mine didnt play well or show up, but Carolina's goalie did play an unbelievable game. Robbed us blind on several occasions. Im surprized Rorer hasnt given me the shit. maybe because of their previous two games? The race is far from over. I wish we had Gausted back. We need him to clear out the front of the net Vanek too of course, but they miss Gausted big time. He will be back soon. I am hoping even for Toronto? If we lose to the Leafs Ill be eating crow.

No! Just the last time I gave you a bit of shit,it flew back in my face! ;)I'll have to be cool from here on out!We needed to play well after those last two debacles! I'm glad Cam was on top of it.When he's on,he's ON! We were in that game with Columbus until we commited some stupid penalties.That's what blew that game.They're goalie Steve Mason made some unbelieveable saves too.

The game wasn't on tv here so I watched my Tarheels in a close one at Miami.I love college basketball too!

Some of the save Ward made in the third period were Bernie Parent type saves. Just head shakers. So I cant blame the Sabres for effort in the third. They had some real quality chances and he robbed them blind on a couple. On of them a cross ice pass and a shot going up to the corner of the net and he somehow gloved it. Very tough save. Florda lost which helped us both. they have been quite a surprise lately.

Florida is a funny organization. They've got themselves a pretty good team at the moment but they are probably involved in more trade talks than anyone I can think of ( with the possible excepyion of the Canucks :D ) Why would they be willing to unload such a great defenceman like Bowmeester ? This guy is a blue chipper who could make a real good team a great team. I understand the economics of today's NHL but guy's like him don't come around very often. I just wonder how serious Florida is about building a good team for years to come. Me thinks..not that serious

Wow. I didnt know that the Penguins fired Therion! Dumb ass move that they will pay dearly for. Dumb. Headlines tonight are them losing to the Islanders (who have played much better lately). The Penguins are done this year. Done. He was a good coach. Im glad the Sabres dont react with knee jerk stupid firings like this. that is why Lindy still has a job. And he can coach the Sabres ti hell freezes over as far as Im concerned!

What's really clear to me about the Pens is that Malkin and Crosby both need to have a couple of real grinders along side them. Guy's that will go into the corners, give and take a hit and work hard for a loose puck, and draw penalty's. Both these young guy's are having to do too much and it's certainly had an effect on Crosby this year.

Id like to see how excited you two would be if the Leafs were actually in the race and actually had a shot at making the playoffs? I hate to rain on your parade, as I have nothing against the Leafs, but Ottawa is hot and breathing down theiir necks to escape the basement and they have no shot this year. I think its more a case of the Penguins going in the tank dont you? After all, the Penguins have lost I believe 15 of their last 19 or something like that. Who would have thought they would have collapsed like that? I knew they were overated, but I didnt think they were this bad. The last time I saw Toronto, in Buffalo, they looked like they were sleep walking. I am starting to wonder if maybe Wilson isnt as good as I thought he was. Look at the Sharks and the season they are having after he has been gone. Not that I can blame him for Toronto's woes as they are clearly in a rebuilding mode. I guess they have some promise. Mike Robatille, Sabres analyst named one of their players and said if Toronto can get two or three more like him, look out. I think that they have a shot of getting things turned around next year, but its too late for this season. But they do shock me at times. They play a terrible game in Buffalo and then they go into Montreal and win. and then last night down 2-0 they come back and whallop the Penguins. The Sabres had better come to play when they go there, either Tues or Wed. Im sure the leafs will be ready for us.

MEOW...MEOW...MEOW..

That means GO LEAFS GO in cat language

greenx-large.jpg

Mike Gren sets Record For Defenseman Consecutive Games Scored-- 8

Have sure been hearing a lot about this kid but being in the West, we don't get to see too many Caps games.

Well for once, the winner of that southern division, Washington for sure, will deserve to get the number two or three seed. In past years the winner of that division has gotten the three seed simply because they won the division and teams with better recordsl were put in lower seeds. I still am for the conferance points total deciding the seeds but that isnt going to happen while Bettman is in power.

The Caps will have to be dealt with and I do consider them a legit contender as well as Devils, Boston, and the Sabres. Philly? The jury is still out. Montreal and the Rangers could very well collapse to the point where they get knocked out. And dont look now but Ottawa is on a rampage. They could sneak up and I hope they dont.

Yeah, teams that just sneak into the playoffs are alway's a worry. You know they had to be on a hot

streak just to make it and there is usually over into the first round anyway's. The Canucks did that in 82 and 94 and both times they made it to the finals. The 94 team was a good team though and their 8th place standing was not true of them at all. They were even better in 93 and got knocked out in the first round by LA who, you guessed it, made it to the finals.

Tonight is Glen Wesley night! They're retiring his #2 jersey tonight. A class act and he has given his props to the Bruins as well as to Derek Sanderson who is here tonight! Man he is looking old :o

Maybe some Canes inspiration here,eh! :D Go Canes!!!

Tonight is Glen Wesley night! They're retiring his #2 jersey tonight. A class act and he has given his props to the Bruins as well as to Derek Sanderson who is here tonight! Man he is looking old :o

Maybe some Canes inspiration here,eh! :D Go Canes!!!

Derek Sanderson !!! Wow, there's a blast from the past. Hard livin' took it's toll on him Rorer. He was a hell of a player. Never should have gone to the Philadelphia Blazers in the old WHA though, I think that ruined him. Money, women and booze...what a way to go .... :lol:

Derek Sanderson !!! Wow, there's a blast from the past. Hard livin' took it's toll on him Rorer. He was a hell of a player. Never should have gone to the Philadelphia Blazers in the old WHA though, I think that ruined him. Money, women and booze...what a way to go .... :lol:

Yeah! He kinda limped onto the ice tonight.He was one of Glen's mentors! It was cool to see him as I was a Bruins fan in the early 70's ;) It was definitely a blast from my past!

We're down 2-1 in the 3rd.Cam is hanging tough. We need a quick goal.

Yeah! He kinda limped onto the ice tonight.He was one of Glen's mentors! It was cool to see him as I was a Bruins fan in the early 70's ;) It was definitely a blast from my past!

We're down 2-1 in the 3rd.Cam is hanging tough. We need a quick goal.

Damn, I remember when both Sanderson and Wesley were rookies I know Sanderson won rookie of the year and I think Wesley did too. The same year the Bruins last went to the cup if I'm not mistaken.

According to the facts, and some sports news we are tied for the fifth seed. Montreal will lose in Washington tonight to dissolve their one game in hand. They and the Rangers are slipping fast. What scared me is Ottawa is getting too close for comfort. Even though they are still 13 pts behind us. Dont want them in. Where are you Juliet? You didnt really expect you were going to beat the Sabres now did you?

You are behind those teams based on amount of games played. All those other factors willl kick in as a result of a tie at the end of the 82 game regular season.

Tell your boys to do us a favor and put an ass whippin on Montreal tonight! :D

We will do our best. We helped you out with the panthers last week. You'll have to do your part with Philly. I see you play the Flyers tomorrow night. My DVR is already programmed.

Yes indeed. If anyone in the West can upset the apple cart and prevent a Detroit vs San Jose final, its probably Calgary. I hope its your boys Ally but Im being realistic. They are tough to beat. Nice win. Maybe the trade deadline can help? Anything can happen, so getting in is the first worry. Seems like you guys are just like us. One day look like they can beat anyone and the next they need their pulse's taken for life. Either way, they will shorten our lives plenty with all the stress. We are at Philly tomorrow. I think that Lindy will dress the goons. Forget where the puck is, just run em!

Totally agree with you about Calgary. They've got all the tools and may opt to do a deadline deal to improve themselves. Look out if they do. Hell, look out if they don't :D

We seem to be winning those one goal games as of late and that's big. It does add to the stress load alright but it's important to get those points even if it means winning ugly. I like the way we are going and if we continue playing like this then I like our chances for a fifth or sixth place finish. Just like the east, it will be a very tight race for a playoff spot so even if we finish eighth, I'll be happy

With one win the Sabres went from 7 to tied for 5th. The Flyers are in our cross hairs. Montreal and the Rangers are in trouble and better watch out for Carolina and Florida going right past them. I say Pittsburgh is done. There schedule that is coming up will not help. They are as done as a Xmas ham. Pass the cranberry sauce. :nhl:

:D Well, if the Pens don't make it then I suspect there will be a major shake up there. Malkin, Crosby. "Should I stay or should I go"....it would make for a very interesting off season

Damn,Boston has our number.They smoked us in the third last night.Hell,they smoked us every game they've played us this year.Swept us I should say.We're 0-4 against them this year.If we do make the playoffs,I don't want to be the 8 seed and have to match up against them in the first round. :rolleyes:

Boston doesn't have the best record in the league for nothing.They are a machine!

Damn, I remember when both Sanderson and Wesley were rookies I know Sanderson won rookie of the year and I think Wesley did too. The same year the Bruins last went to the cup if I'm not mistaken.

Derek Sanderson won the Rookie of the Year award (Calder Memorial Trophy) in 1968.I was six and I don't remember that but I was well aware of him two years later! ;)

Glen Wesley was the third overall pick by the Bruins in 1987.I was already living here and I was 25.There wasn't much hockey here in Carolina at that time. :P I kind of fell away from the sport for a while but I always kept an eye on the box scores in the paper.I was tickled to death when the Whalers came in!

Flyers are sucking out with a 1-0 lead. We must beat Biron. So far the little shit has been lucky.

Sabres score!!!!!! 1-1 :nhl:

More great news: Vancouver 3 Ottawa 0 :cheer:

Yeah, that is good news about the Canucks. The bad news, I fell asleep and missed the first period :lol:

Archived