The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Congratulations to Chicago Blackhawks and all their fans.

I was traveling and getting the play-by-play from a friend over the phone. Stunned...just plain stunned at the ending.

But you know, a team that gives up two goals in 15 seconds maybe doesn't deserve to win the Cup?

Next season oughtta be interesting.

Ruff, Tortorella and Vignault all strangers in strange lands. I really wonder how Vignault is going to adjust the the craziness that is NY and their media? Of the 3 I think Lindy is well prepared and will be well recieved as he has a sense of humour and is a very likeable guy. Not sure how the Canucks players will respond to Torts? Ruff probably comes in with less talent than the other two. But moves will be made.

Why, are the Red Sox playing tonight?

Congrats Amstel on a great win for the Blackhawks who clearly wanted it more...I am sick with this and will never understand how it happened with 1:16 left in the fucking game. Have fun at the parade..

The Flyers are realeasing Brysgalov and this is openening the speculation that perhaps Luongo could wind up in Philly? Ryan Miller was listed as number 4 on the list of possibilites, but I highly doubt the Sabres will allow him to go there or doubt he wants to go there.

Thank you Boston for a fantastic season!

I'll second that.

The Boston Bruins have been incredible on the ice as well as off, supporting their community.

Congratulations and respect to the Chicago Blackhawks. They are a great team.

The 1st period of Game 4 was a real eye opener.

I'll second that.

The Boston Bruins have been incredible on the ice as well as off, supporting their community.

Congratulations and respect to the Chicago Blackhawks. They are a great team.

The 1st period of Game 4 was a real eye opener.

Except for Upchuck. He is one dirty player

I am expecting some changes to goalie equipment this summer. Then we will have to see goalies rely on talent and not on equipment. I dont think it will be drastic but it should be done. I cant wait to see if Colorado bites on some offers including from my Sabres to take the number 8 and 16 picks for the number one. I think that Colorado is crazy to turn down two first round picks that are an 8 and a 16, expecially if a player is thrown in.

Saw Torts introduced in Vancouver. Don't ya love it Ally? I can see you just dancin on tables. And Vignault has no idea what awaits him.

I believe there are still a couple jobs still open or am I wrong? Lindy is in Dallas. He will not be turned into a Cowboys fan no matter how hard they try. I hope Dallas plays in Buffalo. I know they will most likelly only play one time. I was there the last time they came here. I am going to get tickets as long as the team looks good. I cant see how they wont unless Darcy totally fucks us. I want to see Miller and Vanek and Ott signed for long contracts. I do not know alot about these big prospects. They say the draft is deep.

Saw Torts introduced in Vancouver. Don't ya love it Ally? I can see you just dancin on tables. And Vignault has no idea what awaits him.

After having dealt with the hockey media in Montreal and Vancouver, Vigneault should be just fine in NYC. As for Torts, I seem to be in the minority here when it comes to thinking he's not the right guy for this Canucks team. I could care less about how he handles the media itself but I do care about how he handles the media when it comes to his players. I don't want him being the star of the show like he became in New York. We've already been through that once with Mike Keenan. Still, I hope he proves me wrong

After having dealt with the hockey media in Montreal and Vancouver, Vigneault should be just fine in NYC. As for Torts, I seem to be in the minority here when it comes to thinking he's not the right guy for this Canucks team. I could care less about how he handles the media itself but I do care about how he handles the media when it comes to his players. I don't want him being the star of the show like he became in New York. We've already been through that once with Mike Keenan. Still, I hope he proves me wrong

Huge move as Canucks have traded Cory Schneider to the Devils for their 9 pick. IE, their first pick. This ends the goalie controversy in Vancouver and the Canucks will live or die with Luongo.

As for the picks the Sabres made, the CBS sportsline crew say Buffalo got the two best defensemen in the draft. They say the Flyers made a big mistake and should have took Zadarov but did not. Buffalo got him at 16. so the Sabres obviously are thinking to bolster their defense, now they have two highly touted kids to go with Erhoff and Myers. Now the business of Free agency. Miller and Vanek are Sabres through next year. They either have to be signed or traded by the deadline. I am sure hoping they are signed. It would be just stupid not to sign them. Roy and Pommenville were great players here for years. But are not in the same class as Vanek and Miller. The Flyers have done nothing right under Holmgren that lame brain. They dont have the fucking sense God gave a doughnut. They should have fired that fucking Baltimore chopped flip flopper, but now he has them in deeper shit than ever. I almost hope Briere comes back here and scores 35.

Flyers sign Lecavalier to a 5 year / 22.5 million

I knew this would happen. But how the hell can they afford to get him after the money they dumped on Bryzgolov? Who did not see this coming? Well, they still have to figure out what they will do on defense and in the pipes.

I knew this would happen. But how the hell can they afford to get him after the money they dumped on Bryzgolov? Who did not see this coming? Well, they still have to figure out what they will do on defense and in the pipes.

I'd hoped the Canucks would have made a move for Vinny . Think he would have been a nice fit . Now that we can't get him, I hope we at least try to get Briere. We need another centre iceman badly !

I'd hoped the Canucks would have made a move for Vinny . Think he would have been a nice fit . Now that we can't get him, I hope we at least try to get Briere. We need another centre iceman badly !

The Sabres are talking to Briere for sure. After they settle Hodgeson's deal. I have a feeling its Buffalo and if not Buffalo, maybe Dallas where Lindy is now. But I do think he wants Buffalo, as the people he had problems with there are gone.

The Sabres are talking to Briere for sure. After they settle Hodgeson's deal. I have a feeling its Buffalo and if not Buffalo, maybe Dallas where Lindy is now. But I do think he wants Buffalo, as the people he had problems with there are gone.

You're probably right about Buffalo and Dallas being his most likely destinations. Jim Nill will be looking to make the Stars a playoff team next season and a veteran like Briere would certainly help with that cause

You're probably right about Buffalo and Dallas being his most likely destinations. Jim Nill will be looking to make the Stars a playoff team next season and a veteran like Briere would certainly help with that cause

Now I hear the Flyers are interested in Tim Thomas

Now I hear the Flyers are interested in Tim Thomas

He's the best unrestricted free agent goaltender available. He may be 39yrs old but let's not forget that it was only 2yrs ago that he won the Vezina and the Conn Smythe. He's definitely good for at least a couple more seasons and if he's looking to win another cup as opposed to just taking a big end of career payday, he'd be a great pick up for a team who think they are a legit contender. I say the Canucks should go for him just so we can have another goaltender controversy :lol:

He's the best unrestricted free agent goaltender available. He may be 39yrs old but let's not forget that it was only 2yrs ago that he won the Vezina and the Conn Smythe. He's definitely good for at least a couple more seasons and if he's looking to win another cup as opposed to just taking a big end of career payday, he'd be a great pick up for a team who think they are a legit contender. I say the Canucks should go for him just so we can have another goaltender controversy :lol:

Can you believe Philly signed Emery? Great news. He stinks

Can you believe Philly signed Emery? Great news. He stinks

He had a decent season with the Hawks but he's a head case. When you look at how little Philly managed to sign him for, you have to think that the Hawks are pretty happy to see the back of him

He had a decent season with the Hawks but he's a head case. When you look at how little Philly managed to sign him for, you have to think that the Hawks are pretty happy to see the back of him

They intend to split duties with Mason Both average goalies IMO. They should score some goals, but that is the only way they will win

Ally, hope you enjoy Brad Richardson, who is now a Canuck.

I've always rated the guy so yeah, I think he'll be a nice fit on what appears to be a bit of a new look Canucks team. Actually, even though we haven't signed any so called "big name" players to date, I'm pretty happy with all the FA players we have signed. I still think we'll be involved in another trade or two as well so... watch that ticker on Sports Center ;)

Archived