The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Welcome back Dawg! Its odd how often the Caps are matched up with the Rangers, its going to be fun.

I never think of it as fun. I think of it as stressful. I believe the winner of this series may take the East. Sleeper, the Leafs. I say Montreal will be out fast. In the West, the better series, Chicago should roll Minnesota. I will pick the Ducks to beat Detroit, but no lock. Like Vancouver and the toughest of all the series will be St Louis and LA. I think that one and the Wash/Rangers series are the ones that could both go 7.

Here are my predictions:

East:

Ottawa over Montreal in 6

Toronto over Boston in 6

Washington over Rangers in 7 (if I am wrong, the Rangers may go)

Pittsburgh over Islanders in 7 (if Crosby can play, otherwise an upset could occur)

West:

Chicago over Minnesota in 4

Vancouver over San Jose in 6

Anaheim over Detroit in 6

St Louis over LA in 7

East

Boston over Leafs in 5

Rangers over Capitals in 6

Pens over islanders in 5

Senators over Habs in 7

West

Vancouver over Sharks in 6

Ducks over Wings in 7

Kings over Blues in 5

Black hawks over Wild in 5

BD time to put away the crack pipe. Minnesota lost to Edmonton 6-1 at home in a game they needed. Chicago will destroy them

It could not have been a had to win, if they still found a way in. This will be the upset that surprises everyone. Everyone's picking the hawks in a sweep. It will not be that easy. Anything goes in the Cup Series. Throw out the regular season records.

It could not have been a had to win, if they still found a way in. This will be the upset that surprises everyone. Everyone's picking the hawks in a sweep. It will not be that easy. Anything goes in the Cup Series. Throw out the regular season records.

Good to see you back BD you were missed

Thanks, Your Bosox are playing some nice ball along with the Bruins. Maybe we will meet again in th playoffs in May and then again in October. Let's make the AFC championship a tradition.

Ya the experts said they woudn't be good and I know its early but Iike what I see.The Bruins need to tighten things up to roll in to the playoffs.An AFC tradition it is cant wait for football..

East

Rangers over the Caps in 7 (ovie held to 5 points for the entire series)

Islanders over the Pens in 7 ( fuck the penguins )

Boston rolls the Leafs in 4

Habs fall to the Sens in 6

West

Blackhawks sweep the wild

Ducks over the Wings in 5

Vancouver over the Sharks in 6

Blues go 7 with the Kings and take it in tripple OT

Well at least nobody in the East got it. My boys, the Sabres will pick 8th and have Minnesota's number one. They are keeping Darcy Regier. The press conference which I cannot hear because the Buffalo News wants money for online subscription, was not very friendly. I hear the media held no punches. Wanted to know why Pegula was not present. Called out Black for raising season ticket prices. Wanted to know about the status of Vanek and Miller. Both say its up to management. Well, they had best pony up and do what it takes to keep them. They each have a year left on their contracts. So its not like they can justt walk. But I would lock them in long term. Darcy knows if he does not, he risks losing them next year. They can keep this team competitive while they bring in young talent.

Here are my picks

Chicago over Minnesota in 6

St Louis over LA in 7

Vancouver over San Jose in 7

Pittsburgh over the NY Islanders in 6

Montreal over Ottawa in 6

Toronto over Boston in 7

NY Rangers over Washington in 7

Here are my picks

Chicago over Minnesota in 6

St Louis over LA in 7

Vancouver over San Jose in 7

Pittsburgh over the NY Islanders in 6

Montreal over Ottawa in 6

Toronto over Boston in 7

NY Rangers over Washington in 7

The only one I strongly disagree with is Ottawa. I think they beat the Canadiens. And I did pick Wash but it could go either way. The winner of that one in my book goes to the final. St Louis and LA should be something. I still think the Hawks win in 4. How do you lose at home to Edmonton 6-1 when you need the game? I am with you on that Toronto in 7 pick. That series sure brings back memories of yesteryear.

Finally the Stanley Cup playoffs are here.

It's so weird having the hockey playoffs start after the NBA playoffs. It's even weirder that the Lakers season is already over before the Kings have even played their first playoff game.

But since the Lakers were kind enough to mercifully end their season, and since the Angels are below. 500, I can devote my full attention to the LA Kings with no distractions. I would have preferred the Kings not blow the #4 seed, assuring them home ice in the first round against St. Louis, but they did it the hard way last year, too. Obviously the chalk pick is Chicago vs. Pittsburgh for the Stanley Cup. But we all know anything can happen once the playoffs start.

It's time to drop the puck!

Here are my picks...

East

Bruins over Leafs in 5

Rangers over Capitals in 6

Penguins over Islanders in 5

Senators over Habs in 7

West

Canucks(Ally!) over Sharks in 6

Ducks over Wings in 7

Kings over Blues in 6

Black Hawks over Wild in 5

The only one I strongly disagree with is Ottawa. I think they beat the Canadiens.

That could be the case but think back over all the years you've been watching hockey. How many times have we seen the Habs come into the playoffs as underdogs, ride a hot goaltender and go on and win the damn cup ! Too many times for my liking :lol: . I have that same feeling about this Habs team so, I just had to pick them to at least beat Ottawa ;)

That could be the case but think back over all the years you've been watching hockey. How many times have we seen the Habs come into the playoffs as underdogs, ride a hot goaltender and go on and win the damn cup ! Too many times for my liking :lol: . I have that same feeling about this Habs team so, I just had to pick them to at least beat Ottawa ;)

Ally, That's the key, a hot goal tender. I believe the Habs have it in this series.

Archived