The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I pulled into the garage as the Rangers scored, then I watched the caps turn the switch "on", and out play and out score the blue shirts.

I missed Hagelin's goal. I heard he out worked and out skated the Caps. The Caps had that magical five minute spurt with Mojo ( Marcus Johansen) and Matty P. (Perrault) putting in the heavy lifting.

That was solid win for the home team.

I missed Hagelin's goal. I heard he out worked and out skated the Caps. The Caps had that magical five minute spurt with Mojo ( Marcus Johansen) and Matty P. (Perrault) putting in the heavy lifting.

That was solid win for the home team.

I had Wash and Ottawa both with St Louis so I came out well. The tough part of these series for Wash will be beating Lundquist. He is tough to score on. Offense is way down in hockey. Time to restrict these goalie pads. Too damn big. Go watch a film from the 70s.

Those were two great hockey teams back then and being a Hawks fan at the time, I remember being disappointed that the club never won a cup during that 65 - 71 era. I'm still a Hawks fan deep down but with expansion in 1970, I had to become a Canucks fan first. You're right about the quality of team they've put together. Next to maybe Detroit, the most consistantly good - great team over the last 5 yrs and of course, finally, they have a cup to prove it !

Right Ally. I remember the let down when the Hawks lost to the Canadiens in the Stanley Cup and then letting Bobby Hull go to Winnipeg. Once Wirtz blacked out their games I lost interest.

I'd like to think TSRTS, but I have my doubts. I missed all the game today, had to be at Chuck E. Cheese's for a birthday party. It looks like I'm 2 losses away from changing my signature pic.......something from Presence I'm thinking.

What is wrong with this picture? Blues and Kings on TV. Playoffs. Leopold and Regehr, the two guys responsible for my Sabres being at home, are playing in this game. Sucks

Leopold was a bit of a liability for the Blues last night but Regehr has played very well . He's a 5th - 6th defenceman with the Kings and isn't expected to do anything more than be a solid stay at home defenceman. He's had plenty of playoff experience with Sutter when both were in Calgary and from what I've seen so far, the Kings have really benefited from having him in their line up. What I wouldn't give to have a defenceman like him in the Canucks line up... right now !

Speaking of the Canucks, it's a must win for us today in San Jose. It was nice to see Kesler show up on Fri and be the dominating player he can be but he won't be enough on his own. The Sedins, Burrows,Higgins, and Roy need to step up and be the offensive forces they can and should be. Just a side note, if you take away the own goal that Bieksa was credited with in game 1, Kesler is the only player who's scored for us ! Just not good enough to beat anybody let alone a very good team like the Sharks

Leopold was a bit of a liability for the Blues last night but Regehr has played very well . He's a 5th - 6th defenceman with the Kings and isn't expected to do anything more than be a solid stay at home defenceman. He's had plenty of playoff experience with Sutter when both were in Calgary and from what I've seen so far, the Kings have really benefited from having him in their line up. What I wouldn't give to have a defenceman like him in the Canucks line up... right now !

Speaking of the Canucks, it's a must win for us today in San Jose. It was nice to see Kesler show up on Fri and be the dominating player he can be but he won't be enough on his own. The Sedins, Burrows,Higgins, and Roy need to step up and be the offensive forces they can and should be. Just a side note, if you take away the own goal that Bieksa was credited with in game 1, Kesler is the only player who's scored for us ! Just not good enough to beat anybody let alone a very good team like the Sharks

I got to see Regehr almost single handidly and with Leopold's lazy help allow goal after goal and turnover after turnover leaving Miller with no chance. They can both stay where they are. Regehr is useless and no wonder Calgary was easy pickings.

Good game going happening out on the island. One of the last post season games ever in that building. Just a shame the lighthouse project didn't get funded. Nassau county's loss will be Brooklyns gain.

End of regulation, tied at 4.

Good game going happening out on the island. One of the last post season games ever in that building. Just a shame the lighthouse project didn't get funded. Nassau county's loss will be Brooklyns gain.

End of regulation, tied at 4.

Sucks that they lost. Sucks. I have Ottawa tonight and for God knows why, Vancouver very light

5-1. Think I am safe with my bet on Ottawa? Ha. I also parlayed them with Vancouver. Shakey

Rick, your off shore account just went farther of coast.

There sr quite a few ejections now. PK Subban just went to the showers. When all is said and done we may have one line left for each team. Montreal has 8 skaters remaining.

Rick, your off shore account just went farther of coast.

There sr quite a few ejections now. PK Subban just went to the showers. When all is said and done we may have one line left for each team. Montreal has 8 skaters remaining.

Good news. Now I hope the Canucks can win. If not, its over. Your Caps are my pick to get there. But I think the West is too good

I like the fact Cory is in. Two of my boys, Derrick Roy and Kassian sure get my blood going. Go Canucks.

And that sack of shit Gomez who injured Miller on a dirty play a few yrs back is with the Sharks who have gone dirty. Him and Torres make me want to puke.

Another poor effort from the Canucks last night. Aquilini & Co will not be happy with us going out in the 1st round again. I expect there'll be some major changes happening in Canuckville

Another poor effort from the Canucks last night. Aquilini & Co will not be happy with us going out in the 1st round again. I expect there'll be some major changes happening in Canuckville

And I know in Sabreland huge changes. Only wish I knew what they are going to do? I am cheering for St Louis. Go Blues!!! But I think Chicago may be the best team. The Ducks are the mystery team? Tough to say how good they really are?

Full Article is here http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=669330&navid=nhl:topheads MacLame tries to explain why he called the TO.

Do you think either explanation by either coach is going to come across as believable by the opposing sides? Hell no. Look for World War III in the next game. No secret I hate both of these teams with a passion. I hate them as much as I hate the Flyers. I will probably bet Montreal the next time based on the old revenge factor. Motivation is key when you are gambling. And the law of averages plays in too if you consider both sides close in talent. I think Ottawa is a better team. I think the Rangers are a very good wager tonight. I know they will be desperate and at home. I think Washington may be a bit complacent for a brief time and that is enough. I will be very surprised if the Rangers go down 3-0. Ill stick my neck out and take a light shot with the Blues to put a strangehold on the Kings. I also like the Leafs just a bit tonight.

Gee. I do not know which is worse. Not making it like my Sabres or getting whacked in 4 straight? Sure you get the revenue. But that is not worth a hill of beans to the fan. I never thought Vancouver would be in this position. Maybe Derrick should come back home? And we will take Kesler too. Ha

Archived