The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Good luck to San Jose in round 2. Thought they caught a break on the penalty call in OT but , they were definitely the better team in this series and fully deserve to advance.

Good luck to San Jose in round 2. Thought they caught a break on the penalty call in OT but , they were definitely the better team in this series and fully deserve to advance.

I crashed when it was 3-3 going to OT. I had a feeling Vancouver might extend it. Never figured this. Too much talent on this team to go down like that. Lets see if the Leafs can do what the Islanders did. I thought most of the year the Leafs were better than the Islaneders and the Penguins were probably a little better than Boston. So you have to figure its possible the Leafs win tonight. Ill take a shot with them. And the Ducks, Rangers and Blues.

62591_10151925099772926_616375070_n.jpg

Ha. That is a good one. Is that one in the papers there? Kesler, the Sedins, Higgins, Raymond and many more and out. No way is San Jose as good as Vancouver on paper. Determination? Goaltending controversies? Something like that killed them. It would be a big mistake for them to be duped into a huge overhaul. They are still a hell of a team.

Ha. That is a good one. Is that one in the papers there? Kesler, the Sedins, Higgins, Raymond and many more and out. No way is San Jose as good as Vancouver on paper. Determination? Goaltending controversies? Something like that killed them. It would be a big mistake for them to be duped into a huge overhaul. They are still a hell of a team.

Emotions are high at the moment so everyone and their dog is calling for major changes. Once things settle down and people start coming to their senses, they'll see that the team does need some significant change but not a complete overhaul. I do however feel that Vigneault's shelf life has come to an end and a coaching change needs to happen.

Emotions are high at the moment so everyone and their dog is calling for major changes. Once things settle down and people start coming to their senses, they'll see that the team does need some significant change but not a complete overhaul. I do however feel that Vigneault's shelf life has come to an end and a coaching change needs to happen.

I was about to ask you if the local message boards are calling for Vigneault's head? Cannot blame Gillis for putting a good solid team together. I watched the Blackhawks game in detail last night. I see what you mean they may have a problem with LA or St Louis's size and physical game. But they have the speed and finesse over them and are the Penguins of the West. LA will be tough if they get by the Blues which I hope they do not. The Blues are their worst nightmare to me. At home St Louis should be able to beat them. Anaheim can win also. They have plenty of size and talent. I still do not like San Jose vs those teams. They sure demonized Derrick Roy for that hit. Roy has NEVER been a dirty player and no way did he try to injure anyone. That bald headed prick on the San Jose broadcast needs a slap.

62591_10151925099772926_616375070_n.jpg

Now that is funny ally! I have to send it to some of my Canucklehead friends.....but I am soon be hearing the "Golf Leafs Golf" chant possibly......sorry to see Vancouver ousted....not sure what the problem is?

Now that is funny ally! I have to send it to some of my Canucklehead friends.....but I am soon be hearing the "Golf Leafs Golf" chant possibly......sorry to see Vancouver ousted....not sure what the problem is?

I thought it appropriate :lol: .

To answer your question, I'm sure many in Vancouver will disagree with me but since the loss to the Bruins in the 2011 finals and then being knocked out by LA last year, both big physical teams, I think the Canucks made the mistake of thinking they had to become more physical themselves and in the process, forgot what had made them one of the 4 or 5 best teams in the league in the first place...skill and speed. The Canucks struggled all season trying to find/change their identity and imho, this series loss to San Jose just proved that they never really figured out what it was. For me personally, they need to get back to being a skill team and forget all about this failed experiment at being a physical team. It cost us this series

Antti Niemi ,Henrik Lundqvist and Sergei Bobrovsky have been chosen as the finalists for the vezina.

My vote goes to Bobrovsky.( It would have been great for the Blue Jackets to make this post season.)

Big night tonight, Rangers will tie the series at 2.......get ready Black Dawg!

Time for the Rangers to lock them down. The Leafs game is a free wheeling skate and shoot affair. Up and down, back and forth. I hope the Leafs win

That 3rd goal he let in was soft too

Archived