The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

You don't have an ounce of class to make a post such as this. I am not a Leafs fan nor a horse's ass like you either.

My condolences Black Dawg. You know, Ottawa may just find a way to get out of the East. I say this is the best chance they have ever had vs the Penguins. The Cup will go to the west nonetheless

Oh please. Get over yourself, this is playoff hockey...

Put a fork in the Caps. They're done.

Good luck to the Rangers. King Henry was the difference.

Boston will be tough.

Caps again are Choking Dogs (copyright Kornheiser). One of the few things one can count on in the spring...

Go Bruins!!

^^^

My condolences ebk. I hope you had plenty of good wine handy to help drown your sorrows.

You don't have an ounce of class to make a post such as this. I am not a Leafs fan nor a horse's ass like you either.

Jesus, what's with the hostility? Did you mix up your meds?

You curse and swear like a drunken sailor and are on here 24/7 complaining about how some team or the refs are shoving it up your ass sideways and now you're lecturing someone about class?

I think you owe planted an apology.

My condolences Black Dawg. You know, Ottawa may just find a way to get out of the East. I say this is the best chance they have ever had vs the Penguins. The Cup will go to the west nonetheless

Dude, this is a LedZeppelin forum...I come here to let my hair down once in awhile. Get over it.

And after everything this city has been through these past few weeks, Boston needed this win. Not to mention to stick in the face of that classy fan of Toronto's with 'the sign'...or was that you?

I'm not apologizing for my early statement.

I cant believe the Leafs blew that game. Stupid. Its on the coach and the goalie. I am a bit surprised Wash lost also. I think Chicago rips Detroit. And I will go out on a limb and pick San Jose to pull the upset. Rangers and Boston too tough to call. I am not going to entertain your remarks Strider, I was not talking to you.

Leaf fans will be heart broken about the way their team lost last night but I think they should feel proud of the way their young team battled throughout the series. Yep, mistakes were made but they'll learn from them . Imho, the future looks very bright for your club and to a man, I think the Bruins players would agree :yesnod:

Speaking of the Bruins, credit where credit is due. A great comeback by a championship calibre team team who once again, proved that they just don't know how to quit. Looking forward to watching the Bruins/Rangers series. It should be a great one !

And after everything this city has been through these past few weeks, Boston needed this win. Not to mention to stick in the face of that classy fan of Toronto's with 'the sign'...or was that you?

Planted, most of us in this city, including me, were annoyed by that sign too. The media ripped the guy a new one up here. Good game last night, sorry we wore you out so much!

Leaf fans will be heart broken about the way their team lost last night but I think they should feel proud of the way their young team battled throughout the series. Yep, mistakes were made but they'll learn from them . Imho, the future looks very bright for your club and to a man, I think the Bruins players would agree :yesnod:

No doubt they have a bright future, but we are still coping with that epic collapse. The city is bummed today

No doubt they have a bright future, but we are still coping with that epic collapse. The city is bummed today

Well, us Canuck fans certainly know that feeling but unlike our group of players, at least the Leafs gave it everything they had. Thankfully, between HNIC and TSN , I should be able to see plenty of Leafs games next season ;)

Well Mr Tucker,we will have to enjoy them together,asap!

That would be a pleasure ! You'd better warn the tavern first though . Could be a long day :lol:

Speaking of the Bruins, credit where credit is due. A great comeback by a championship calibre team team who once again, proved that they just don't know how to quit. Looking forward to watching the Bruins/Rangers series. It should be a great one !

I will pick the Rangers and their superior goalie. I am picking Ottawa, Chicago and San Jose and Chicago to win it all. Good to see the forum policeman has gone back to his doughnut hole

So the Kings get the San Jose Sharks next...not sure if that is preferable to the Ducks...or the Red Wings, for that matter. Since the Sharks swept the Canucks, they'll definitely be more rested than the Kings. But maybe they'll be a little rusty, too.

The Kings have already done better than the last few NHL champions...they are the first defending champions to get past the first round in three years. The Kings are also the FIRST team in NHL history to win five straight playoff series despite having to open on the road.

At least the Kings finally get home-ice this round.

I think this series goes the full seven...but I'm still picking the Kings.

Looks like I went 6-2 on my first round picks...Vancouver and Anaheim being my losers.

Rick, your Blues lost to my Kings...want to double-or-nothing our virtual six-pack bet?

Well looky here all looky here. It looks like I went 7 and 1.

Round 2

Kings trump the sharks

Wings pass the Blackhawks

Rangers arrest Bruins

Senators ice the Pens

I agreed with your take on the Sens. But look at the scoreboard. Same old. Pittsburgh just owns them. I mean, its just crazy. The Kings and Sharks could be a 7 game series with some triple OT affairs. I do not agree with the Wings beating Chicago. Hell, the Hawks beat them 8-1 on national TV. I say the Hawks destroy them. In 5 because they hate them. The Rangers underachieved all year. But they have a far better goalie than Boston. Lundquist is way better than Rask. They will miss Thomas now.

Damn! Quick was on his game last night...a 35 save 2-0 shutout was more than I dared hope for. But Coach Sutter seems to have the Kings rolling and regaining their championship swagger. Their penalty kill is as good as it was last year and any time you can roll FOUR good lines you're going to have an advantage.

It's still too early to get cocky...and frankly, even with the Stanley Cup last year, the Kings' dire history before that precludes any feeling of cockiness...and San Jose could still win game 2 to shift home-ice to the Sharks. But, compared to the way the Kings started the season like they were in a Stanley Cup hangover daze, it has llifted my spirits to see them playing the way they have for the past few months.

There hasn't been a repeat Stanley Cup champion since 1998. Can the Kings break that drought? If they keep playing like this, I think they've got a good chance.

St. Paw, it looks like you and I are the only ones prognosticating the second round...and we have different picks on three of the four series. We agree only on the Kings. Good luck and may the best man win.

I'll gladly lose the other three if we can be right on the Kings.

There hasn't been a repeat Stanley Cup champion since 1998. Can the Kings break that drought? If they keep playing like this, I think they've got a good chance.

If Quick continues to play like he has and they can avoid any major injuries, I expect them to repeat. It won't be an easy task but St Louis was the only team who I thought could handle the Kings physical play and possibly beat them over a 7 game series.

If Quick continues to play like he has and they can avoid any major injuries, I expect them to repeat. It won't be an easy task but St Louis was the only team who I thought could handle the Kings physical play and possibly beat them over a 7 game series.

But Chicago has alot of firepower. Kane, Sharp, Teowes, and they know how to beat a tight defense. They are the most deserving IMO to win it. The Kings would be second. I still think Chicago will win it in the end

But Chicago has alot of firepower. Kane, Sharp, Teowes, and they know how to beat a tight defense. They are the most deserving IMO to win it. The Kings would be second. I still think Chicago will win it in the end

They do but, they don't have the goaltending that the Kings do. From a pure hockey stand point, I'm hoping that the Kings and Hawks meet in the conference final. What a series that would be. Still a long way to go though and I expect that San Jose will bring a much better performance to game 2. I think they were a little rusty after the week off . Same thing could happen to the Hawks in game 1 of their series with the Wings

Archived