The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I think goaltending is a bit suspect for both the Bruins and the Pens but for me, the health of the Bruins defencemen will be the biggest factor . If they are all able to go, then I like their chances of disrupting the Pens in the neutral zone and slowing down that offensive machine of theirs . If the Bruins can do that and also pressure the Pens in their own end, like we know they can, I like Boston's chances of winning the series. Like I said though, it'll all depend on the health of the Bruins defencemen.

Pittsburgh is just too damn smart to be outfoxed by Boston IMO. Ill take Pittsburgh in 6 even though I know they too have weakness's. I think the Sharks will throw the kitchen sink at LA tonight. They are going to be coming on all cylinders. No road team has won a game, so the law of averages is with the Sharks.

I think the Sharks will throw the kitchen sink at LA tonight. They are going to be coming on all cylinders. No road team has won a game, so the law of averages is with the Sharks.

I hope you didn't bet that line of thinking, Rick.

WOOHOO! KINGS ARE THRU TO THE CONFERENCE FINALS!

Looks like I picked the right game to go to in person. Pure luck on my part...had no plans on going until I got a call from a friend who had an extra ticket. My nails are nubs.

Now I'm worried who to root for between Chicago and Detroit...I'm not sure which team would be the better matchup for the Kings.

Whichever team it is, LA won't have home-ice advantage. But at least they made it this far.

As for Bruins-Penguins, I like Sidney Crosby and the Pens...as much as that may piss off my Bruin friends. But hey, anything can happen.

A celebratory cupcake...

post-1470-0-82136700-1369816704_thumb.jp

I hope you didn't bet that line of thinking, Rick.

WOOHOO! KINGS ARE THRU TO THE CONFERENCE FINALS!

Now I'm worried who to root for between Chicago and Detroit...I'm not sure which team would be the better matchup for the Kings.

From a pure hockey stand point, I'm hoping the Kings end up facing the Hawks. Not only do I happen to think they actually are the two best teams in the west but it would also be the most entertaining match up.

From a pure hockey stand point, I'm hoping the Kings end up facing the Hawks. Not only do I happen to think they actually are the two best teams in the west but it would also be the most entertaining match up.

Methinks you're right about that. How's yer back these days? Ready to break out the 5 iron yet?

Methinks you're right about that. How's yer back these days? Ready to break out the 5 iron yet?

I'm doing pretty good thanks. I've been water walking in the pool for about a month now and after seeing the surgeon on Monday and getting the green light, I started on a proper physiotherapy program yesterday ! It's all about regaining core strength , range of motion, posture and balance. No weights for the moment but, a lot of aquasize, riding a stationary bike and leg raises while sitting on a 65cm rubber ball. Unfortunately, no golf but I will, for medicinal purposes of course, be able to do a little elbow bending at the 19th hole :D

Yes.

This should go a long way to undoing a lot of the damage of the lock out. I'm really looking forward to watching both conference finals

This should go a long way to undoing a lot of the damage of the lock out. I'm really looking forward to watching both conference finals

Same here, Ally...although I fear I won't have any fingernails left by the end. Alas, I have two summer trips and multiple concerts already on my schedule and bank book, so unless another ticket falls in my lap, I probably won't be able to attend another game. Hell, as long as the season is stretching, if the Kings make it to the Cup finals, I may be out of town for that series.

^^^

I prefer the old uniforms too. Unfortunately most sports leagues don't care about dinosaurs like us. They see changing the team colours and designs as a way to sell more team apparel to the "young" crowd.

The worst are these pink and green and yellow Yankee gear...or Lakers, Red Sox, Cowboys, etc. It's an abomination.

^^^

I prefer the old uniforms too. Unfortunately most sports leagues don't care about dinosaurs like us. They see changing the team colours and designs as a way to sell more team apparel to the "young" crowd.

The worst are these pink and green and yellow Yankee gear...or Lakers, Red Sox, Cowboys, etc. It's an abomination.

It seems they all turn to wearing black to make them look tougher. I do not believe in that but they say there is an effect behind it. Well, they finally won one in black but I do not think that is the reason. Montreal won plenty in red.

My predictions

Chicago over LA in 7

Boston over Pittsburgh in 6

OK, Ill bite. Chicago over LA in 7

Pittsburgh over Boston in 6

Chicago over Pittsburgh in 6

If I am wrong and LA beats Chicago, then LA over either eastern team

I was wondering if anyone else was gonna make picks.

Hmmm, my head says Chicago but my heart says LA...gotta go with my heart. They haven't let me down yet. I'm sticking with my Kings.

LA over Chicago in 7. Weird that games 1 & 2 are back-to-back this weekend.

Pittsburgh over Boston in 7.

I was wondering if anyone else was gonna make picks.

Hmmm, my head says Chicago but my heart says LA...gotta go with my heart. They haven't let me down yet. I'm sticking with my Kings.

LA over Chicago in 7. Weird that games 1 & 2 are back-to-back this weekend.

Pittsburgh over Boston in 7.

You can thank the Rolling Stones for games 1 and 2 being back to back :lol:

Rick, that report was in yesterdays Vancouver Province newspaper and after reading it, I came away more confused than when I started ! By the looks of it, it's going to take some very creative accounting and a willingness on Aquilini's part to fork out an awful lot of cash before the Luongo problem will go away . What did stick out to me in the article was the claim that it was Aquilini who insisted that Gillis sign Luongo to that long term deal to begin with. If that's true, then he owes it to the clubs fans to fork out that cash

Has Tortorella been officially fired in NY? either way, Lindy Ruff's name has come up as a possible next coach of the Rangers. He played for them for a short time after he left the Sabres and his career was winding down. It would be a smart move. So I hope it does not happen. If he goes there, I wish him the best except when he plays the Sabres. I say he winds up in either NY or Vancouver. McLellan is probably safe in San Jose due to their series win. And the fact they took the Kings to the brink.

^^^

Yes, Torts is gone.

Mark Messier and Wayne Gretzky both expressing interest in the Rangers coaching job. :blink:

I'd feel better about the Kings chances if Jarret Stoll was playing. He's still out from that concussion he suffered against San Jose.

Archived