The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Shoot out loss for the Canucks tonight but Luongo looked like the Luongo of old. Not the result we wanted but there were some positive signs. Especially the penalty kill in OT

No biggie. 81 to go. its a long season.

I dont know if I like those silly ass light blue uniforms the Sabres came out in. looked like Miller was in a blue monkey suit. I am glad they will only wear it 11` more times. One will be when I see them play Vancouver live. Both will wear the old uniforms. That will be good to see. Vancouver had the 40 at center ice.

Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I'm having a great weekend! B) (I assume Electrophile is too, for one.) The Wings played two of my least favorite teams, Anaheim and Chicago. They absolutely killed the Ducks and then went on to rain on the Hawks' banner raising parade. I wish I could've seen the Wings-Ducks game, it sounds like one for the ages, but the fates were against me on that one. Not only did PAVEL FREAKIN' DATSYUK get a Gordie Howe hat trick, but my man Howard got a shut-out and gave Fairy a nice facewashing to accompany the clock cleaning he got from Pavs. Howie knows how to pick 'em...first Crosby, now Perry. Now it's on to the Dive! Er, Avalanche. I know the rivalry's pretty much over, but I still get a kick out of them playing each other.

(**Warning: don't bother to read this unless you're really bored**) Man, I bought Center Ice, too, and I'm ALREADY unhappy. I mean, I can't solely blame them, but they certainly made it worse. Okay, so Friday rolls around and I'm looking for the Wings-Ducks game on Center Ice...it's not there. I check their preview/schedule channel, and it's says it's going to be on such-and-such channel. It's not there. No listing, nothing. Now, I understand that since I live in So Cal, Ducks games are going to be blacked out on there, but usually when a game is blacked out, the listing is at least there on the guide, even though when you put it on that channel there's nothing on it. This time, there was no listing and the screen wasn't blacked out; it was just showing their little preview BS like they usually do when there's no game on. So that's the part that's Center Ice's fault. The other part is, the local channel that I should have been able to see the game on is FSN West Prime Ticket. However, the %$@&s at Cox Cable decided that Fox wanted too much money for that channel, so we don't get it. So I'm not sure how I'm supposed to see a game that is a) on a channel I don't get and B) blacked out on the channels I do get (well, if it wasn't for the big CI f-up, anyway). ARGH!!! Now, I could've driven to somewhere that has Time Warner cable and watched it there, but just to add insult to injury, I had to go to my friend's wedding rehearsal dinner. Haha, that's how much hockey has taken over my life...I kept trying to think of ways to ditch dinner and where the best place to catch the game would be. No dice, though; I couldn't get out of there.

No biggie. 81 to go. its a long season.

I dont know if I like those silly ass light blue uniforms the Sabres came out in. looked like Miller was in a blue monkey suit. I am glad they will only wear it 11` more times. One will be when I see them play Vancouver live. Both will wear the old uniforms. That will be good to see. Vancouver had the 40 at center ice.

I like the old Sabres jersey, always have ! Funny thing is, everybody in Vancouver loves our old uniforms but I can tell ya that 40yrs ago , most fans hated them. Everyone thought that the logo was just a stick on an ice rink and most would liked to have seen the old Johnny Canuck logo from our days in the WHL . It wasn't untill a number of years later that people began to realize that it was in fact a PacMan "C". A little ahead of the times I suppose B)

Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I'm having a great weekend! B) (I assume Electrophile is too, for one.) The Wings played two of my least favorite teams, Anaheim and Chicago. They absolutely killed the Ducks and then went on to rain on the Hawks' banner raising parade. I wish I could've seen the Wings-Ducks game, it sounds like one for the ages, but the fates were against me on that one. Not only did PAVEL FREAKIN' DATSYUK get a Gordie Howe hat trick, but my man Howard got a shut-out and gave Fairy a nice facewashing to accompany the clock cleaning he got from Pavs. Howie knows how to pick 'em...first Crosby, now Perry. Now it's on to the Dive! Er, Avalanche. I know the rivalry's pretty much over, but I still get a kick out of them playing each other.

(**Warning: don't bother to read this unless you're really bored**) Man, I bought Center Ice, too, and I'm ALREADY unhappy. I mean, I can't solely blame them, but they certainly made it worse. Okay, so Friday rolls around and I'm looking for the Wings-Ducks game on Center Ice...it's not there. I check their preview/schedule channel, and it's says it's going to be on such-and-such channel. It's not there. No listing, nothing. Now, I understand that since I live in So Cal, Ducks games are going to be blacked out on there, but usually when a game is blacked out, the listing is at least there on the guide, even though when you put it on that channel there's nothing on it. This time, there was no listing and the screen wasn't blacked out; it was just showing their little preview BS like they usually do when there's no game on. So that's the part that's Center Ice's fault. The other part is, the local channel that I should have been able to see the game on is FSN West Prime Ticket. However, the %$@&s at Cox Cable decided that Fox wanted too much money for that channel, so we don't get it. So I'm not sure how I'm supposed to see a game that is a) on a channel I don't get and B) blacked out on the channels I do get (well, if it wasn't for the big CI f-up, anyway). ARGH!!! Now, I could've driven to somewhere that has Time Warner cable and watched it there, but just to add insult to injury, I had to go to my friend's wedding rehearsal dinner. Haha, that's how much hockey has taken over my life...I kept trying to think of ways to ditch dinner and where the best place to catch the game would be. No dice, though; I couldn't get out of there.

If the game is blacked out in your area on Versus it means its either on your local feed if you have one, or the NHL channel, which the Det/Ch game was or on Versus. Versus games will not be on Center Ice.

Online streams are where it's at. I wouldn't spend money on a product I only use when only one team plays -- I don't watch other games because I could care less about other teams. So because I'm only interested in watching Red Wings games, forking over cash for Center Ice doesn't make sense to me, fiscally. If I can't find any online streams to watch the game, I just listen to the game via the radio feed that you can pick up online.

Maple Leafs are looking much better so far this season. GO LEAFS GO!!!

They certainly are ! I know it's early days but if nothing else, Leaf fans should get behind this young team and enjoy the ride. I watched the game on Sat. and came away thinking that no longer will any team look at the Leafs as an easy game.

With Sabres up 2-1 on Chicago, a dirty hit and Pommenville has been taken away on stretcher. Game misconduct. But It does not look good.

This guy isnt known for being dirty.Chicago is not a rival of ours. But one of our key guys gets his head drilled into the glass and is on the way to the hospital. They are saying this guy should get more than a game and a fine.

concussion

The Wings signed Babs to a 4-year contract extension today. Very awesome -- he's the best coach in the game right now. B)

He is good but to say he is the best is just ridiculous. Wilson and Ruff are both better than him. He has a team with a ton of money. There are many coaches just as good as him.

It's Babs and then it's everyone else. That's how it goes.

In other Wings news, Kirk Maltby has announced he is retiring. A shame, but he gave the Wings a lot of great memories as part of the Grind Line in the 90s and he's got 4 Stanley Cups to his name -- ain't too shabby. I wish him well in retirement and hope he enjoys the free time with his family.

It's Babs and then it's everyone else. That's how it goes.

In other Wings news, Kirk Maltby has announced he is retiring. A shame, but he gave the Wings a lot of great memories as part of the Grind Line in the 90s and he's got 4 Stanley Cups to his name -- ain't too shabby. I wish him well in retirement and hope he enjoys the free time with his family.

So the other coaches are all the same and below him? What a crock of BS

I don't fret until April. Loss of 3rd game comes very earlier for Caps fans in post saeson.

Geez. I was wondering if you were ever going to post about your Caps? Are they giving the kid from Hershey a shot in the nets? I have Center Ice but have not seen the Caps yet in an entire game. But I will. They are going to be a force in the East. But no cinch as you know. You have to be good and lucky at the same time. I am hoping we send New Jersey a message tonight. We need to beat them. They have a ton of problems but Kovalchuk is always a thorn in our side. The hit on Pommenville was punished by the league. But we lose our guy indefinatley. He is big on the Pentalty kill.

I don't fret until April. Loss of 3rd game comes very earlier for Caps fans in post saeson.

The Capitals are probably the only team out of the east I can stomach. I'd love it if they finally knocked the crap out of the Penguins. One of the few players that aren't Red Wings that I enjoy watching is Alexander Ovechkin. He's got an attitude, but he's miles ahead of Crosby in talent.

Miller and Broduer are on their game. 0-0 after two. I knew Jersey would be desperate. Hoping we can score one for Ryan

Goinig to OT 0-0. What a surprise with these goalies.

Piece of shit kid Sekera gives it away . Miller was great and this dumb ass hands the game away. Gauranteed he will be benched for this.. :angry:

The Leafs are doing just what they need to make the playoffs. Have a good start. Many of the good teams are not having a good start. Like Pittsburgh. I guess we check in a month or month and a half and it may start to unfold. I expect several teams to get going including my own starting Friday vs Montreal

Im sure it will be one of the better crowds in Dallas and no reason to think Modano would not get a good response. But I dont know if its there home opener? So there may not be formal introductions. They are not being picked by a soul to make the playoffs in Dallas and have pulled a surprise or two early on. But I dont like their chances overall.

Trouble is expected in Chicago Saturday and knowing Lindy, he may give two of his tougher players the green light to run a couple of Hawks. The league is on alert already. Pommenville was injured on a blindside hit that got the Chicago player a two game suspension and fine. I cant pronounce or spell the guys name.

Well Dallas is laying it on the Wings right now. They have been surprising early on.

Went to see the Sabres Habs game last night. The Sabres played with no sense of urgency until late in the third. By then it was to late!! I like it when a game is a bit chippy and is rough and played on the edge. THIS GAME HAD NONE OF THAT!!! Buffalo will be in trouble if they don't start playing with some passion...and soon. On a brighter note the Leafs are STILL undefeated :rolleyes: . Is it just me or are all Fab fans the most obnoxious in the league. Cant stand them. As always GO LEAFS GO!!! :D

Went to see the Sabres Habs game last night. The Sabres played with no sense of urgency until late in the third. By then it was to late!! I like it when a game is a bit chippy and is rough and played on the edge. THIS GAME HAD NONE OF THAT!!! Buffalo will be in trouble if they don't start playing with some passion...and soon. On a brighter note the Leafs are STILL undefeated :rolleyes: . Is it just me or are all Fab fans the most obnoxious in the league. Cant stand them. As always GO LEAFS GO!!! :D

Nobody realizes it more than Lindy Ruff. They played a great game in Chicago but fell short and if Miller had played they would have won. They played desperate, but with Lalime in goal, he just cant stop shit. I hate it when we have to play him. He cost us another win.

Geez. I was wondering if you were ever going to post about your Caps? Are they giving the kid from Hershey a shot in the nets? I have Center Ice but have not seen the Caps yet in an entire game. But I will. They are going to be a force in the East. But no cinch as you know. You have to be good and lucky at the same time. I am hoping we send New Jersey a message tonight. We need to beat them. They have a ton of problems but Kovalchuk is always a thorn in our side. The hit on Pommenville was punished by the league. But we lose our guy indefinatley. He is big on the Pentalty kill.

We have always loved Nuevy. Gabby is high on him and Varly is now the back up. They'll continue to be a force but we need a stretch goalie in the extra season. Nuevrith is showing that he can get it done. Hopefully he will raise his Calder Cup play to Stanley level.

!Bu0B8vQCWk~$(KGrHqN,!hEEv1+zyBfNBMB6fLqpoQ~~_35.JPG

How are things in Sabre Tooth land?

Archived