The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Junior World Championships in full swing in Buffalo NY. Some games are in Niagra Falls, including one I shall keep an eye on tomorrow between Sweden and Russia. I say both will make alot of noise before its over. Still think Canada has the best team perhaps. The USA, Russia and Sweden all have a shot and I want to see the Swiss play also. Good hockey and I have tickets to the grand finale. Well, the Sabres are up 1-0 after the first period in Calgary. Full house there. A rare visit by my boys to the province of Alberta. I got some nI ice ornaments for Xmas. All Sabres of course.

They just played a little "Black Dog". Cmon Sabres!!!!!!!!!

I predicted 13-1 and I believe it was 10-1 Canada. They are going to be very tough to beat. Only Sweden could probably spoil a Canada vs US final? That is if the US plays them? Canada is going to be there on gold medal night. You can take that to the bank. I will wear my Sabres jersey as to be impartial. Which basically I am. Two future Sabres play for Canada. I cant believe the San Jose Sharks are losing to Minn 5-3 right now. They keep putting a flame to my ass. Canucks at Dallas New Years eve should be a good one. I just dont know how Dallas is doing so well? The Sabres are home against Boston on Saturday before heading west again. I am wondering how they will work that out with the Juniors? Maybe any Sat games will be in Niagra Falls? There are some games being played there. Otherwise the Sabres and Bruins could be playing the same day on the same ice surface as the juniors. The gold medal game will be a special night. Ill be sure to buy a program or two. I know a couple Canadiens that may be interested in having one.:D

nope...that would be olympic hero jim craig, who did a brief stint in the NHL with the B's.....and calgary i believe B)

here's what must be one of your old faves.....B)

dave-andreychuk-boston-bruins-signed-8x10-photo_4eb091737bc0007fb1e4b17d42f4633e.jpg

well this is dave andreychuck..........the only semi quality player i could think of ever in buffalo......

well this is dave andreychuck..........the only semi quality player i could think of ever in buffalo......

Must be forgetting Gilbert Perrault, Rick Martin, Rene Robert

The Wings are in 1st place in the Western Conference, have the 2nd best record in the NHL (one point fewer than the Pens) and all this on top of losing two of our best players to broken bones. Life is good.

Pound for pound I think the Wings still have the best talent in the league but I think my Canucks will give you a run for your money come playoff time

yikes

i saw all those guys and they were so lame even i'd forgotten them.........

though at least you'd come up with that lame ass pat LaFontaine :P

As if Lafontaine waseven close to Perrault you fool. Go check the top 100 player list and you will see Perraults name. He was the best Sabre of all time. And what about Hasek. Or even Miller for that mattter you dumb ass.

And yes, Detroit and Vancouver are the best teams right now. I think Vancouver is the best. But Dallas is the cinderella team it appears. I just dont know how they are doing it. LA could be dangerous too. But Ill take the Canucks.

Man, Canada loses at tough shootout to Sweden. I knew Sweden was the team to fear. I still like Canada. The medal rounds start tomorrow. I will be at the gold medal and I am sure hoping Canada is there and the US. But Sweden and Finland are both very dangerous.

Will see if that game in Pittsburgh has a major rain problem like they are predicting. It could be very difficult to play

Alexander Mogilny on the ice to give tribute to Jim Kelley of the Buffalo News who passed away of Cancer on nov 30th. Mogilny scored 76 goals in a season. I guess he was no good either? Danny Gare is there too. Along with Perrault, Martin, Robert and Luce, Ramsey, Hasek, Lafontaine, Dudley, Miller, Vanek, etc, I would say they have had there share of damn good players and some very great players and Ill put Perrault up against anyone. Dan Marino did not win a Super Bowl. Never. But he is respected as a great player. So too are countless others. Individual achievements are to be noticed in all team sports. So dickheads that come on here and spout off and insult good players are going to have to answser for it.

As for the junioe world championships, its great hockey. In a great hockey town, Buffalo NY. Along with Toronto where fans show up no matter the outcome. I hope they get to play that game in Pittsburgh. I love this annual event. Outdoor hockey. I think it would be fair to have the next one in the West and in Canada. I would like to see the Canucks host it against perhaps the Sharks or Leafs once they straighten things out and become competitive again.

I think the OT loss to the Swede's should wake the Canadien team up. Now they know its a battle. But what worries me a bit was that they were outshot and at times by a considerable margin. I think they are the best team in the tournament but its no walk in the park. The sleeper to me is Finland. They are very good and have a good goalie. They play Russia in a pick game tomrrow as the medal rounds begin. I sure hope that Canada and the US are there on Wed. At least one. Sabres about to drop the puck. Go Sabres!!!!! Go Canada!! Go USA!!!

In the classic, Go Capitals!!!!

Sabres win!!!! Capitals lookin great!!!!! Love it.

IN YO FACE BEATLERON!!! MILLER STUNK TONIGHT AND WE WON!!!!!! IN YO FACE :lol::nhl_checking:

Archived