The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I really thought the Devils were gonna take the series...I guess not. Brodeur didn't look very sharp tonight...

He didn't look sharp the whole series. I did think the Rangers would come out on top but not so quickly.

Boston will lost to Montreal. And Philly was lucky to draw Wash. If they win that one, they are toast against Montreal. The Flyers are the worst team in the playoffs. Soon to be TOAST.

To quote Robert Plant " I thought Quaaludes were illegal " :hysterical::hysterical:

The only thing toast is your KNOWLEDGE or LACK OF, hockey! :blahblah:

How come black folks don't like hockey?

Well there is usually about 2 or 3 at once in the NHL. It is an expensive sport and if you arent raised in Canada you are at a disadvantage. Rinks everywhere unlike the US. And just look at basketball. Mostly blacks are better. Baseball and football are more equal Id say. But if you arent on skates young in life, you are not going to make it to the NHL. Too bad they dont start to take more interest in it as it is my favorite sport. Love Hockey.

Well the Ducks are out and the Flames and Sharks go to a game 7. I still think the winner of that series is going to represent the West

Black people can't swim? That's a new one.

Actually it's quite old.

For one thing, in the US slavery days, rivers provided a natural barrier to escape for the slaves, so the owners would NOT allow blacks to learn to swim.

In 1969 The New York Times did a study titled 'The Negro and Learning to Swim: The Buoyancy Problem Related to Reported Biological Difference', and it cited reasons, some are unsupported and others are.

Many were economic, blacks being barred from neighborhood pools, the cost of swim lessons etc.

Do a google search, "Why blacks can't swim". Some of the entries are serious and others not.

So no, it's NOT a new one. And besides the liquid form, they just dont much like the frozen form either. Just look around at a hockey game.

Shocking that Monreal has let Boston force a game 7. I just dont get it. They beat them 10 straight. Montreal was far better team in regular season. You Montreal fans should be worried. The pressure is on Montreal now. I thought they would have little trouble with Boston. I dont like either so I dont really care. Think the greedy Rangers will make it to the finals and lose.

Shocking that Monreal has let Boston force a game 7. I just dont get it. They beat them 10 straight. Montreal was far better team in regular season. You Montreal fans should be worried. The pressure is on Montreal now. I thought they would have little trouble with Boston. I dont like either so I dont really care. Think the greedy Rangers will make it to the finals and lose.

The east may be stronger than you think. Pittsburgh, with even just steady goaltending from Fluery can beat anyone. They are starting to remind me of the old Oilers. I still say that the Flames / Sharks winner will go all the way, in the west. Detroit can be beaten

The east may be stronger than you think. Pittsburgh, with even just steady goaltending from Fluery can beat anyone. They are starting to remind me of the old Oilers. I still say that the Flames / Sharks winner will go all the way, in the west. Detroit can be beaten

Based on their series with Nashville it appears that way. But maybe Nashville deserves some credit? I still think the Sharks are overated. And I think Detoit will beat Calgary if they make it. But who knows how good Dallas and Colorado are. They are the sleepers. I hope Philly loses tonight. They will lose the next series for sure. Think the battle tested Rangers have too much defense and experience for the Penguins to beat them.

as a Ranger fan, I'm watching the games in the East anxoiusly tonite. Awaiting the matchup for round 2. I'm not all that impressed with either Washington or Philly, that series has been pretty sloppy. Boston and Montreal both look good to me and I know The Penguins are tough.........round 2 will be a big step forward for this organization..."The Greedy Rangers" as they've been called in this thread rarely taste success..and haven't advanced past round 2 since 97..........

they're finally doing things right with a good coach and patient development of some of their young players who all played big roles in the round 1 win versus the Devils..........hopefully the ride will continue

as a Ranger fan, I'm watching the games in the East anxoiusly tonite. Awaiting the matchup for round 2. I'm not all that impressed with either Washington or Philly, that series has been pretty sloppy. Boston and Montreal both look good to me and I know The Penguins are tough.........round 2 will be a big step forward for this organization..."The Greedy Rangers" as they've been called in this thread rarely taste success..and haven't advanced past round 2 since 97..........

they're finally doing things right with a good coach and patient development of some of their young players who all played big roles in the round 1 win versus the Devils..........hopefully the ride will continue

http://209.85.48.12/3429/97/upload/av-743.jpg

B)

Well I call them the greedy Rangers. But I like their chances in the East. I believe they have too much D and experience for the Penguins who are not deep enough. If Montreal wins tonight as they should have long ago, they can give the Rangers fits. If Boston wins they will be toast next round against anyone but philly but I dont think they can play Philly. The Rangers can certainly beat San jose, calgary, and I would consider them a tossup against Dallas and a favorite against Colorado. But I think it will be Detroit waiting for them in an original 6 final. they have chance but I would still pick Detroit in 6 or 7.

Well they should have. And they better get their act together in the next round. I dont want the greedy Rangers or Sharks to win. Even though Detroit is abou the same. Big market, stealing from teams like Buffalo, Vancouver, etc.

Stealing? The Yankees don't play hockey :P

The Red Wings have made a lot of moves, but let's not kid ourselves and say they're only good because they steal players and buy their way through the league.

The instigater rule has ruined the fighting.The little guy can hack away at will and not be afraid.

I miss the old day\'s of hockey. I think Probert was the greatest heavyweight of all time. I live in Vancouver and the Canucks are horrible this year.

Larry Playfair would have given anyone a good fight. He gets my vote. Where is that Flyers guy? Shaking in his boots I imagine. They are done!

Archived