The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Well they just traded Carrie Underwoods hubby Fisher to Nashville to make her happy Im sure. I saw Alfredson miss three shots this week that he would have buried in the past. He has seen his better days for sure. But could help a playoff team that needed a pure goal scorer. But I dont know. He wont be coming to my team I can be sure of that. Nor do I want anyone from, that team. Glad they have lost 12 straght and are in the basement sweeping the cellar. Now the pesky Islanderrs come calling Sunday. We will be ready Im sure and wont take them lightly. Atlanta is fallling fast and so are the Rangeres. They play each other tonight. I guess I dont know who to cheer for. Matters not I guess. If we keep taking care of our own business we will be fine. I am dreaming of a Vancouver and Buffalo final. The 40 year anniversary for both. I know its uinlikely, but its not impossible by any means.

Phillips and Spezza should be the next to get out of Ottawa. Both would help a contender and I doubt anyone would have to give up too much to get them.

Phillips and Spezza should be the next to get out of Ottawa. Both would help a contender and I doubt anyone would have to give up too much to get them.

With Murray at the helm? Are you kidding Ally? Perhaos at the strike of midnight on Feb 28th (deadline day) the prick may bend? But he wont give a good price on those two. Spezza would certainly be worth getting. As for my team, forget it. No way will he do business with us. He cant stand us and we cant stand him. Thanks Detroit for beating Boston last night. I had a three parlays that I won that all came down to the Minnesota Wild against St Louis. What in Gods name possessed me to take them I will never know. I suffered through seven extra shootouts. Twice I was dead and buried and somehow they scored on Halak. This after Jose Theodore got faked out of his jock strap on the first two. Canjt believe the Wild won. Just lucky as hell on my part. I like Nashville tonight over Colorado. I am going to bet against Colorado and St Louis every night. My boys have the Islanders tomorrow and it will be no walk in the park. The Islanders are playing better and they layed it on Pittsburgh last night 8-3. Pittsburgh was shut out by Colombus two nights before 3-0 so the loss of Malkin and Crosby has really stung them. As much emotionally as talent wise Im sure. It appears Crosby will not be rushed back, a smart move. With Malkin gone for the season, and having surgury, they at least have the luxury of the great start and can keep him out for a long time. They would really have to tank to not make it. Cant imagine that. As for the Rangers, , possible.

With Murray at the helm? Are you kidding Ally? Perhaos at the strike of midnight on Feb 28th (deadline day) the prick may bend?

Murray needs room under the salary cap and both are taking up a lot of space.

Miller was not on his best but the refs were giving the Islanders power playes like xmas cookies. And a 5 on 3, a long one. This two days after the league fined this team over 100,000k nad has Mario Lemieaux besides himself. There was a donnybrooke in the Pitt/Islanders game the other night. A game the Isles won 9-3 Think Pittsburgh may have some probems? Lost again today to Rangers who had lost six straight. The 7-6 upseet today does not concern me. I look at the schedule and the games in hand and I will say in less than two weeks, Carolina and Atlanta will be in the rear view mirror. Stafford got a hat trick. He leads the NHL in hat tricks and Myers is really blooming. Now to get Millers head screwed back on straight. One was kicked in by our own guy though, so cant fault him for that one. We controlled the OT though and then one shot, boom, in the net. :mad:

Latest Leaf rumour has Thomas Kaberle heading to the Bruins. He say's it's the only team he's willing to be traded to . Wondering if he's serious or just looking for a contract extension. Can't see the Leafs getting near enough for him if there is no competition for his services

Latest Leaf rumour has Thomas Kaberle heading to the Bruins. He say's it's the only team he's willing to be traded to . Wondering if he's serious or just looking for a contract extension. Can't see the Leafs getting near enough for him if there is no competition for his services

Well they just traded a forward to the Flyers and Philly gave up a number one pick for him. Lots of deals about to do down, but most will be at the eleventh hour Im sure. The 28th. After last night, I would expect the Sabres to ship Lalime out and put Enroth in as the backup right now. Probably wont happen, but if Miller is rested, it will be Enroth. And he deserves it. He will certaiinly play against St Louis on Friday. Leafs in town tonight and Miller will go. The Leafs have not lost since their loss in Buffalo last Saturday. Could be a tough one.

Well they just traded a forward to the Flyers and Philly gave up a number one pick for him. Lots of deals about to do down, but most will be at the eleventh hour Im sure. The 28th. After last night, I would expect the Sabres to ship Lalime out and put Enroth in as the backup right now. Probably wont happen, but if Miller is rested, it will be Enroth. And he deserves it. He will certaiinly play against St Louis on Friday. Leafs in town tonight and Miller will go. The Leafs have not lost since their loss in Buffalo last Saturday. Could be a tough one.

Burke will be looking for as many picks as he can get !

Sabres looked good last night

I will say St Louis better get ready for lots of rubber tomorrow. We are going to be coming. I like the Sabres to win and win big. Get ready to dance on Sunday Black Dawg! Your boys played a couragous game last night in Ahaheim. I watched the game. Have center Ice so I watch all teams. Your boys are trying to play a more defensive style in light of the upset by Halak last year, we are facing him tomorrow night. I know it was a terrible disappointment losing after winning the Presidents Cup. We have been there. Same happened to us. But the Caps are better served just staying with the girl that brought them to the dance. Offense, offense and more offense. They have some goaltending issues and they are going to give up some goals. No getting around it. But they have so much firepower they can still be in the thick of things. I personally likek Semin alot. And Knuble. Ovetchkin is a force and an incredible talent, but he goes to sleep too often. It really takes alot to motivate him at times. Dallas is finally coming down to earth. Two minutes lefft last night and Calgary is up by two. I have my cabbage on Calgary. Crawford is behind the bench screaming at the team for half a period all falling on deaf ears. His bullshit is growing old. How about the damn Islanders and Leafs all of a sudden? Man. GO SABRES!!!!!!!

I will say St Louis better get ready for lots of rubber tomorrow. We are going to be coming. I like the Sabres to win and win big. Get ready to dance on Sunday Black Dawg! Your boys played a couragous game last night in Ahaheim. I watched the game. Have center Ice so I watch all teams. Your boys are trying to play a more defensive style in light of the upset by Halak last year, we are facing him tomorrow night. I know it was a terrible disappointment losing after winning the Presidents Cup. We have been there. Same happened to us. But the Caps are better served just staying with the girl that brought them to the dance. Offense, offense and more offense. They have some goaltending issues and they are going to give up some goals. No getting around it. But they have so much firepower they can still be in the thick of things. I personally likek Semin alot. And Knuble. Ovetchkin is a force and an incredible talent, but he goes to sleep too often. It really takes alot to motivate him at times. Dallas is finally coming down to earth. Two minutes lefft last night and Calgary is up by two. I have my cabbage on Calgary. Crawford is behind the bench screaming at the team for half a period all falling on deaf ears. His bullshit is growing old. How about the damn Islanders and Leafs all of a sudden? Man. GO SABRES!!!!!!!

Well I have learned ST Louis has put Halak on injured reserve. Know he took a hit the other night but didnt think it was that bad. So I have no clue who will be in the nets. I expect us to light the lamp often. Then sunday, national TV vs Washington.

Well I have learned ST Louis has put Halak on injured reserve. Know he took a hit the other night but didnt think it was that bad. So I have no clue who will be in the nets. I expect us to light the lamp often. Then sunday, national TV vs Washington.

mmm... I wonder if Halak could be on his way out of St Louis ?

Sabres and Capitals on national TV now. First period, Miller may have played his best period ever. Stopped a 5-3 power play for almost full two minutes, robbed Backstrom blind twice. Should give us a lift. Hockey day in america. Sabres have more american born players than any team. Cant waiit to see what moves are made in the upcoming week. There are threee guys on our team Id like to send packing.

Total bullshit call by the stinking refs giving washington the game winner on that power play. That was no interference. It was 1-1 and they had to fucking tilt the game to Washington.

Sabres and Capitals on national TV now. First period, Miller may have played his best period ever. Stopped a 5-3 power play for almost full two minutes, robbed Backstrom blind twice. Should give us a lift. Hockey day in america. Sabres have more american born players than any team. Cant waiit to see what moves are made in the upcoming week. There are threee guys on our team Id like to send packing.

Total bullshit call by the stinking refs giving washington the game winner on that power play. That was no interference. It was 1-1 and they had to fucking tilt the game to Washington.

How is it going with new ownership? That was major news on NHL network yesterday. What do you envision for your knives?

Nice to

Good news for Sabres fans and hopefully a good ownership example for all small market teams

I believe at some point the new owner will fix the relationship between Rochester and Buffalo, and reunite them. Many here want that to happen and it has really hurt the Rochester Americans at the gate. They are Florida's farm team at the moment and the Sabres farm is in Portland. The new owner'[s favorite player of all time is Gilbert Perrault as is mine. He means business and has the money to make it happen. He is listed in Forbes as the 110th richest man in the US worth an estimated 3 Billion beans. I am wondering if he will pull the trigger on anything before the deadline monday? Maybe they will wait to see if we take care of Atlanta and Ottawa like we should? And then the Red Wings come in on Saturday. I would like to get a ticket but am sure the good seats are gone by now We must get some points. Carolina and the Rangers are both ripe for the picking.

Rivet has been placed on waivers. The captain. Anyone remember a captain being placed on waivers? Another guy Vancouver may want to consider is Pitkonin of Carolina. Word is he may be traded as his contract is up and they dont want him to walk for nothing. There is some doubt Carolina will re sign him.

The French Connection took the ice with the new Sabres owner Terry Pegula and the Sabres skated off the ice with a much needed 4-1 win over Atlanta who is now in the rear view mirror. Rene Robert had stayed away, but this new owner who brings promise and enthusiam even got him to come. Better days lay ahead. The trade deadline will be interesting. We now have bottomless pockets, Miller, Vanek and much hope for the near future. GO SABRES!!!!!:nhl_checking:

Watch out all you big market greedy teams like the Rangers!! There's a new sheriff in town and he has just named the town Pegulaville. Remember that name. Pegula. He is going to be a savior in Buffalo. Let the trades begin. Im counting my money

:drunk:

Wow, it was 1-0 Montreal. I leave the room for a few and its 3-1 Toronto and montreal had to put Price in. So much for plans to rest you goalie. Leafs scored three fast ones. They have been playing very well

The Sabres had this game and with a minute left Ruff had the stupidity to leave Butler on the ice. Six attackers and the Red Wings tie the score. I am happy with the point, especially with Carolina's loss. But we had this one. I feel the play was fairly even. Detroits goalie made one great save in the OT to save them. We are only two points out with two games in hand. I see the Leafs picked up a point, they too should have gottten two against a depleted Pittsburgh team that you can stick a fork in. I cant wait to play those chumps. We are knocking at the door and we are going to kick the fucker in on Thursday night. Only thing is, I wonder if Connelly played his last game as a Sabre tonight? I have a feeling he has. Sekera was put in for an iinjured Leopold and was the star of the game for the Sabres. So if he was on the tradiing block, they may reconsider, unless the Canucks come up with a sweet offer? 3 pm or 12 noon est monday is the trade deadline. so by late monday afternoon, we will know what has happened. Given the new owner and the green light given to spend the mortgage, I would be shocked if the Sabres dont make a move. I say many moves are coming on Monday. Even the Red Wings may be busy.. Babcock was in the pressbox doing alot of writing last night during the Sabres/Ottawa game.

Wings win. Wahoo.

It was a fortunate win. Six attackers to tie with a minute left. Our coach made a stupid move leaving Butler out. Of course we need the points more than Detroit. We will see you again at some point. The rosters will be different.. You did not outplay us. Just got the bounce and a great save at the end.

Tick Tock. Less than 24 hours til the deadline. What moves await? I will make a bold prediction. Richards to the Kings. Weber to the Canuvcks? Spend the money and go for it while you have the chance. My GM has money bags behind him. He better show me something tomorrow.

Leafs playing well. Should beat the daylights out of Atlanta, up 2-0 already. As for the Rangers, happy they lost. Tortorella may be looking at fines. He was swearing at the press conferenvce after the game and blaming the officials and the league for his loss. I sm sure they will be ready for my Sabres on Tues

Hey Black Dawg, your boys got Arnott. Good pick up but the braintrust on NHL channel thinks your defense is in big trouble. That Rangers game is a mystery to me. How do you lose 6-0 to those guys? We have to go in there and fight them tomorrow. Tortorella was swearing and calling out the league and the refs after the loss to Tampa. He is a cry baby. Cant stand him. Hoping the Sabre take them down tomorrow.

My boys got Boyes. yeah. From St louis. That prick Murray from Ottawa is on the NHL channel now talking.

Kings get Penner from Edmonton, biggest deal of the day. Vancouver gets Higgins from Florida. And Lapiere from Anaheim. Richards stays put in Dallas.

Archived