The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Hey Black Dawg, your boys got Arnott. Good pick up but the braintrust on NHL channel thinks your defense is in big trouble. That Rangers game is a mystery to me. How do you lose 6-0 to those guys? We have to go in there and fight them tomorrow. Tortorella was swearing and calling out the league and the refs after the loss to Tampa. He is a cry baby. Cant stand him. Hoping the Sabre take them down tomorrow.

My boys got Boyes. yeah. From St louis. That prick Murray from Ottawa is on the NHL channel now talking.

Kings get Penner from Edmonton, biggest deal of the day. Vancouver gets Higgins from Florida. And Lapiere from Anaheim. Richards stays put in Dallas.

It was a much quieter day than I thought it would be. Most of the GM's seemed to think that the asking prices were way too high. I suppose with so many teams in both conferences in the hunt for a playoff spot, not many GM's were in the selling mood just to dump salary

It was a much quieter day than I thought it would be. Most of the GM's seemed to think that the asking prices were way too high. I suppose with so many teams in both conferences in the hunt for a playoff spot, not many GM's were in the selling mood just to dump salary

I am surprised Toronto didn't get rid of Giguere. I thought he was out the door for sure. Probably at season's end. I don't see their fans post here anymore. Or the fan of Carolina.

I am surprised Toronto didn't get rid of Giguere. I thought he was out the door for sure. Probably at season's end. I don't see their fans post here anymore. Or the fan of Carolina.

Lot's of teams will be looking to dump salary at seasons end and there will be plenty of players available. Any clubs who have or can create cap space, will improve themselves very quickly

Lots of hype for tonights game at the Garden between the Sabres and the Rangers. I expect trouble and both coaches have been known to lose their tempers. Tortorella was a maniac Sunday after the loss to Tampa. Big game for us tonight. Lindy should make the orders very simple. Send Kaleta on a head hunting mission and tell the team "send em to hell"!!!

Who are you Leafs fans cheering for tonight? My Boys I hope. Just remember, if the Leafs dont make it, you need only cross the Peace bridge to see a playoff game. That is if we get in. We are in good shape if we can simply play good hockey. No matter what happens in NY tonight the Carolina game is still big. We have the two in hand.

Big wiin for Leafs. I am happy for them. Keepingn the pressure on us too. I am hoping the Leafs and Sabres both get in and knock Carolina and Rangers out. All is well on both sides of Lake Ontario. Nice win against the Penguins.

Looking at the schedule, we play the Leafs twice in Toronto. Carolina has Wash twice, Tampa twice, Detroit, Chicago. Ha. Have fun with that. Ranges have a a west coast trip. But playing the Ducks now is no longer that big a deal without Hiller. San Jose, tough. I like the fact that my Sabres have the games in hand. Have played the fewest games. Big one tomorrow in Carolina. Need to beat them.

Between the four teams in the East fighting for two spots, The Rangers, Leafs, Hurricanes and Sabres, I would say the Rangers have the better schedule than the rest. Of course if you cant score goals it may not really matter. The Leafs and Carolina have to play Detroit and Chicago. The head to head games will be crucial and we must try and get points in the games we have in hand. Someone the other day on NHL channel said its good for the NHL to have the Leafs in the playoffs. I agree with that just as I agreed a few years ago its ggod for Chicago to be a competitive team as they were not for many years. I will be rooting for our friends across the Lake to get in with us. After all, they do buy alot of tickets to Buffalo games./

What a suck job. We could not have outplayed Carolina any more and Miller gets a blind shot by him in OT. One point, Rangers lose, Leafs win. Sabres adn Leafs are both going to make it. Rangers cant score. Carolina does not impress me one bit. I think the Hawks will hammer them tomorrow. Nice win in Philly Leafs.

Gee. Whats it going to take to get a Leafs fan to post on here? :bait: :bait: :bait:

Maybe an asterik next to them in the standings saying they have clinched a birth? If memory serves me correct, it may have been 99 the last time they got in? If I am wrong correct me? When they met my Sabres in the Eastern Conference finals? If it was more recent I do not remember? I like the chances of your team and mine both making it. Rangers are having a tough time scoring and Carolina does not impress me in the least bit. Ward has saved them many times but how long can he do it? Never thought I would cheer for Ottawa. Tonight we all are. And Chicago. Go Sabres. And Go Leafs. Yeah, I said that

Go hawks. Beat Carolina.

Leafs getting hammered by Hawks. Post up Slagfarmer and Pat and Juliet. Post up before its too late. You ,are not going to jinx them. Just in case they dont make it, it is looking like their will be tickets available in Buffalo. My Sabres are kicking ass. The sky is the limit. Here we come baby. GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!:drunk::slapshot:

That's a big win !

Stafford shoots. He Scooooooores!!!! Look who is in the playoffs!!!!! Go Sabrse!!!!!:nhl_checking:

Win without Miller. The kid comes up from Portland and comes through again. On to Pittsburgh and Boston and then Toronto. Longest road trip in our 40 year history and so far untbeaten. Sure wih we had Derrick Roy. Flyers in big trouble the way they are playing.

Im hoping my leafs make it in to the playoffs!

I hope so too but not at my Sabres expense. But here is some bad news for Toronto and Carolina. The New Jersey Devils next five games. Ottawa twice, Atlanta twice, and Islanders. You can pretty much put the Devils down for winning the next five straight. The way they are playing. 9-1 in last ten anb they have something like 36 out of a possible 39 points and are on a tear. Sure they are winning 2-1 iin typical New Jersey boring trap fashion. But this isi not good for Toronto or Carolona. I believe the Sabres and the Rangers have the upper hand at the moment. The Sabres because they have the games in hand and are playing great. The Rangers have a softer schedule than the Leafs. But its possible. Toronto cannot afford to have lapses like in the Chicago game. A game when they had the rest. Chicago did not get to the hotel til the wee hours and had to be a bit tired after beating Carolina and traveling right after. Nice run by Leafs and thd near future is bright wiith this GM. I just dont know if its now.

I knew we were in trouble when I heard Vanek had the flu and stayed at the hotel. Three Portland Pirates on the ice and a lathargic performance as they long road trip showed tonight. Carolina is not only rested but get another gift tomorrow with Atlanta coming to town. Joke. I hope this is the last time they get to feast on Atlanta. Rangers head west. Hope the Ducks can pull one off and beat them. Might be a stretch without Hiller. Lots of hockey to be played still. Hockey night in Canada this Saturday will be Sabres at Leafs. Any of you Leafs fans have a ticket>? ha.

Lots being made of Chara's hit the other night and Montreal fans are not happy. We have the honor of playing them next, tonight in Boston and we are 3-1-1 against them this year. I am sure you Leafs fans that are a bunch of non posting chickens, are squeezing against my boys.. There will be nowhere to hide on Saturday night as Miller and my boys come to town and NHL is saying its a must win for the Leafs. LETS GO BUFF A LO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:bait: :bait: :bait::nhl_checking::elvis2::drunk:

Come out and play all you chicken shit Leafs and Carolina fans. Where are you now Rorer? Not blowing smoke? Where is that guy that hates the Rangers? Come on. I know you are reading. Post up!!!!!!!

Well you got one on us you Leafs. But its only the second time you have beaten us in the last eleven tries. Miller was not great tonight but not having Gausted and Stafford and Kaleta did not help. Still, i would rather the Leafs get in than Carolina and Rangers. We still have games in hand on all of you. I think we are in good shape. Hope the Sharks do a number on the Rangers in about an hour. Carolina lost to Colombus and that was a big help for both of us. I am pretty surprised by that score as Colombus has had much trouble of late. Their goaltending has been horendous but the kid came through tonight and helped both the Sabres and Leafs. We have Ottawa and Carolina next two at home. The seven game road trip was the longest in our 40 year history. That is very hard to believe but they have said it. We wound up with four wins an OT loss and tonights reg loss. So a very succesfull trip expecially when you consider we beat Philadelphia and Boston both. We will dance another day you Leafs. The next time we will have all of our troups and there will be hell to pay.

It is with great sadness I relay the news that Rick Martin, one of the greatest Sabres of all time and a member of the famed French Connection has passed away suddenly of a heart attack today at the age of 59. As I type the Sabres are winning 5-3 vs Ottawa, as they play this game with heavy hearts. Lindy Ruff played with Rick who was on the ice last week in the dedication to our new owner. You will never be forgotten Richard Martin. Number 7 whose name and jersey is in the rafters iat HSBC arena.

http://www.buffalonews.com/

It is with great sadness I relay the news that Rick Martin, one of the greatest Sabres of all time and a member of the famed French Connection has passed away suddenly of a heart attack today at the age of 59. As I type the Sabres are winning 5-3 vs Ottawa, as they play this game with heavy hearts. Lindy Ruff played with Rick who was on the ice last week in the dedication to our new owner. You will never be forgotten Richard Martin. Number 7 whose name and jersey is in the rafters iat HSBC arena.

http://www.buffalonews.com/

Sorry to hear this sad news. He was a hell of a player and far too young for this to happen

Popped in to give you a little razzing sm! :P

Cam Ward and Ryan Miller had an epic battle last night!

Go Canes!

GO LEAFS GO BABY!!!!! WAY TO GO LEAFS!!!!! You guys were lucky to win that game 1-0. We outshot you and outplayed you but Ward was on his best. I believe your coach made a mistake playing Ward back with no rest tonight. I just am shocked he did not rest him. but happy. Sabres still in the playoffs. We will dance again soon Rorer. But a few other battles to fight first. The Rangers have the softest schedule. Many think the Devils are going to catch us both. I do not agree.

How does it feel to get stoned by a hot goalie? One game in hand and two point lead. Rangers better enjoy their short stay in 7

It kills me how some only show up when there team wins. I am posting if my boys win or lose. Only one team out of 31 is going to walk away happy at the end. And the odds are it wont be the team any of us want to win anyway. But hell, its a tight race. I let some Phony fans on the Buffalo news have it last night for getting on the team when they lose a game. shit, when they went into Philly and left with their butts they didnt bitch. And they cant get on Miller or blame him for last night? Ward stood on his fucking head. Tonight he didnt. The Leafs got him. The Devils are going to make a run for at least another week because they have a joke of an easy schedule. But then they will have to beat contenders to pull it off. The smart mney says they will come up short. And so does history. But who knows. I llike the Leafs chances better than the Devils still. The Sabres can do it as they have the extra game and I like the schedule. But we have to take care of business. Last night we played a good game. Over 40 shots on net. Gor robbed blind on several shots. They needed to lift the puck. Some goalies are great at stopping pucks along the ice. The way to beat Ward is to lift it over his legs. One way you wont beat Miller is on a break away. I say he is the best in the league at stopping a break away. None better. His problem is staying down too long. Or not being in posiistion on the post screen shots. He needs to swing the lumber like Hextall used to do. That is what I would do. when they skate back the other way, give a nice chop to the back of the legs with the stick. Ha. :lol::nhl_checking:

Archived