The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Hi all,

Might as well just give Lord Stanley's Cup to the Canucks! dry.gif

Sorry,I only root for the Bruins.

KB

I think Silver is a bigger Canuck fan than I am bro :lol:

Hopefully both our teams will be in the finals. It'll be a hell of a series. Good luck tonight :beer:

Hi all,

Might as well just give Lord Stanley's Cup to the Canucks! dry.gif

Sorry,I only root for the Bruins.

KB

I would rate Thomas and Luongo even. So that said, Vancouver has far more speed. Not even close. Kessler is the best player on either team and the Sedins are pure snipers that Boston has nobody that can match. Tampa has Stamkos who has to be considered a big timer, but I do believe Boston will survive the Tampa series. But they have no chance against the Canucks. They have shown too many weakness's giving tampa so many chances. Give those chances to the Sedins and Kessler and say goodnight. Even Burrows and Raymond will bury those. And Bieska is really making a name for himself. Ill take him over Chara any day. Get ready for a parade in Vancouver the likes you have never seen. I have not seen so much confetty on the ice since the Rangers win in 1994 against the Bure lead Canucks. In fairness, the Rangers were the better team. Just like Ill admit Dallas was the better team in 99 when my boys lost. I see some real wars in the Northeast in the next few years between the Bruins, Sabres and Leafs.

Last night I thought I heard the announcer say the Vancouver Canucks defeated Toronto in 94 to get to the finals against the Rangerrs. I do not think that was possible as the old format was not around then to my memory? Toronto is in the East and always has been. I think a long time ago it may have been 1 vs 16 and down the line? But the travel would have been expensive and crazy.

Hi all,

We will see! :D Silver,your in on the friendly wager? B)

KB

Ok. I bet on Boston tonight . I do want them to beat Tampa. Tampa has no business being here. on another subject the Atlanta mayor says the move to Winnipeg is a certainty. Just time. I say its good because if the city is not going to support the team they do not deseerve a team. I know that there are some loyal fans there and I feel bad for them. We lost our NBA team in Buffalo way way back. And they were good. This Atlanta team is not good but they were in playoff position early in the year, only because of a good coaching job by Craig Ramsey. They stilll did not come out. So now they will pay the price. Winnipeg will return to the NHL> What will they call them? I doubt the Jets again. Maybe they will keep the name? Who knows. What in the devil goes on in Winnipeg? I asked a late neighbor when I was a kid "where is Winnipeg"? Hiis answer was "in the middle of God damn nowhere."

Hi silver,all,

Ok. I bet on Boston tonight . I do want them to beat Tampa. Tampa has no business being here. on another subject the Atlanta mayor says the move to Winnipeg is a certainty. Just time. I say its good because if the city is not going to support the team they do not deseerve a team. I know that there are some loyal fans there and I feel bad for them. We lost our NBA team in Buffalo way way back. And they were good. This Atlanta team is not good but they were in playoff position early in the year, only because of a good coaching job by Craig Ramsey. They stilll did not come out. So now they will pay the price. Winnipeg will return to the NHL> What will they call them? I doubt the Jets again. Maybe they will keep the name? Who knows. What in the devil goes on in Winnipeg? I asked a late neighbor when I was a kid "where is Winnipeg"? Hiis answer was "in the middle of God damn nowhere."

OK,kid,if I have to eat my own dust,what beer do you like? :)

KB

Hi silver,all,

OK,kid,if I have to eat my own dust,what beer do you like? :)

KB

I want Boston to beat Tampa. I just dont get it. How can they be having so much trouble with Tampa after sweeping Philly? I dont get it. We went down there and buried Tampa. Either way, I am rooting for the Canucks all the way and have always rooted for them second to my Sabres. You dont have to get me a beer if they win. For Gods sake man, how far away are you? I have shipped some goodies to a couple of good friends here. One in England. One in the mid west. If you are rich, surprise me. Something I cant get here. But dont worry otherwise. Its all in good fun. But its no fun when your team loses. Especiallly when my team loses to the stinking Flyers in game six when we hada them on the ropes. The refs had it in for us. Mr Pegula will make sure this summer. He will spend the money and get a couple of studs in here. /And then there will be hell to pay. For now. Go Bruins. Go Canucks.

Now its 5-4. Boston scored. Score again you fools!!!

Well Boston sure is doing this the hard way, letting this drag to a 7th game. With the Celtics already booted from the playoffs, Boston's gonna be one miserable town if the Bruins suffer the same fate.

I don't think that'll happen, though...I see Boston taking care of business on its home ice in a game 7.

And c'mon Silver, it just HAS TO BE the Winnipeg JETS! No other name will do...accept no substitutes.

Winnipeg has given us the unique filmmaker Guy Maddin, director of such cool, quirky gems as "Careful", "Tales from the Gimli Hospital", "Twilight of the Ice Nymphs", "Dracula-Pages from a Virgin's Diary", and the pseudo-documentary "My Winnipeg", where he had film-noir legend Ann Savage (you MUST see her in "DETOUR") play his mother.

Last night I thought I heard the announcer say the Vancouver Canucks defeated Toronto in 94 to get to the finals against the Rangerrs. I do not think that was possible as the old format was not around then to my memory? Toronto is in the East and always has been. I think a long time ago it may have been 1 vs 16 and down the line? But the travel would have been expensive and crazy.

Tis true Silver. The Leafs were in the west in 94 ( can`t remember how many years that lasted ) and we won the series 4-1. If you remember, the league wanted to make it possible for some of the original 6 teams to have the opportunity to play against each other in the finals so with Detroit and Chicago already in the west they opted to move the Leafs and make it 3 in each conference. Nice thought but it meant that the Leafs would only play Montreal once during the regular season and never in the playoffs unless both made the finals :huh: . Obviously the same applied to the rest of the original 6 as well. Also, the expansion clubs in the league would also only play an original six team from the other conference once a season and, not necessarily at home. Needless to say the owners had a rethink

Tis true Silver. The Leafs were in the west in 94 ( can`t remember how many years that lasted ) and we won the series 4-1. If you remember, the league wanted to make it possible for some of the original 6 teams to have the opportunity to play against each other in the finals so with Detroit and Chicago already in the west they opted to move the Leafs and make it 3 in each conference. Nice thought but it meant that the Leafs would only play Montreal once during the regular season and never in the playoffs unless both made the finals :huh: . Obviously the same applied to the rest of the original 6 as well. Also, the expansion clubs in the league would also only play an original six team from the other conference once a season and, not necessarily at home. Needless to say the owners had a rethink

I have followed the game since the late 1960s and I did not remember that. The travel had to be nuts. Now they are talking realignment if and when Atlanta or Phenix goes to Winnipeg. Safest bet is Colombus coming East but some are saying the Red Wings could come East? I think they will keep them in with Chicago and send Colombus.. boston has made their lives very dangerous. Now a game seven. I guess it matter not. Either team is toast. in the finals.

I have followed the game since the late 1960s and I did not remember that. The travel had to be nuts. Now they are talking realignment if and when Atlanta or Phenix goes to Winnipeg. Safest bet is Colombus coming East but some are saying the Red Wings could come East? I think they will keep them in with Chicago and send Colombus.. boston has made their lives very dangerous. Now a game seven. I guess it matter not. Either team is toast. in the finals.

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have Winnipeg playing in the east but my guess is that it would be a temporary thing untill Quebec get's it's franchise back too. Detroit could be the choice to head east but I think some of the eastern owners would be against that happening. Not sure how the Wings would feel about it either.

Hi all,

What a game! :o Not one penalty called,they let the boys play hockey!

Game On!!!!! :D

KB

Congrats KB :thumbsup: It was a great game and I totally agree about letting the boys play. Hope the refs handle the finals the same way

Can hardly wait to taste some of that fine New England beer :drinks:

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo BRUINS.

Goaltending: even

Team Speed : V ancouver

Physicality: Boston

Star power: Vancouver Boston has nobody as good as Kessler or the Sedins

Vancouver is a deserving favorite having won the Presidents Trophy. They will defeat the Boston Bruins whether it takes four or seven. I say it will take five or six max. If they let Tampa score like they did, how are they going to stop the likes of Kessler, Henrik, Daniel, Burrows, Raymond, Bieska? Vancouver has far more team speed. I give the Bruins credit for getting there. I am happy they beat the hell out of PHilly. I have never hated the Bruins. I think they will be battlinng the Sabres and Leafs in the near future for supremicy in the East. I think they will be the best three teams in the East . I know my boys are going to be heard from now that Mr Big Bucks has rolled into town. And their are rumours he could buy the Bills next.

Go Canucks!!!! Time for Canada to celebrate. They deserve it.

Ally, the beer you have there is far superior to any we have.

Um... I have to disagree with you there. We have some spectacular beer here!!

And in keeping with the topic... I don't know who I'm rooting for yet. :)

Goaltending: even

Team Speed : V ancouver

Physicality: Boston

Star power: Vancouver Boston has nobody as good as Kessler or the Sedins

Vancouver is a deserving favorite having won the Presidents Trophy. They will defeat the Boston Bruins whether it takes four or seven. I say it will take five or six max. If they let Tampa score like they did, how are they going to stop the likes of Kessler, Henrik, Daniel, Burrows, Raymond, Bieska? Vancouver has far more team speed. I give the Bruins credit for getting there. I am happy they beat the hell out of PHilly. I have never hated the Bruins. I think they will be battlinng the Sabres and Leafs in the near future for supremicy in the East. I think they will be the best three teams in the East . I know my boys are going to be heard from now that Mr Big Bucks has rolled into town. And their are rumours he could buy the Bills next.

Go Canucks!!!! Time for Canada to celebrate. They deserve it.

Im not so sure that the canucks will DEFEAT boston but it will be a hard series of games for both teams. in goaltending i have to

disagree, tim thomas is the best goalee in hockey. we have that for our side, chara and little saguin that can have a good impact. Bruins are underdogs, but this is freakin' boston. may the best team win (boston) smile.gif

Im not so sure that the canucks will DEFEAT boston but it will be a hard series of games for both teams. in goaltending i have to

disagree, tim thomas is the best goalee in hockey. we have that for our side, chara and little saguin that can have a good impact. Bruins are underdogs, but this is freakin' boston. may the best team win (boston) smile.gif

Both teams have plenty of size and speed so I expect it will be a long hard fought series. Home ice advantage could be the difference . Good luck to the Bruins but I have to go with the Canucks to win it all

Both teams have plenty of size and speed so I expect it will be a long hard fought series. Home ice advantage could be the difference . Good luck to the Bruins but I have to go with the Canucks to win it all

Both teams seem to be bettter on the road. I say it will not be long. Canucks are too good.

Can hardly wait to taste some of that fine New England beer :drinks:

New England has some good brew...but they don't have anything better than a fine Scottish Ale.

GO CANUCKS!

And bring back the Winnipeg JETS!

New England has some good brew...but they don't have anything better than a fine Scottish Ale.

GO CANUCKS!

And bring back the Winnipeg JETS!

Thanks for the support and yes...the Jets belong in Winnipeg !

I've had some great American micro brew and some of them are as good or better than anything I've tasted from other parts of the world. Haven't had anything from New England though. I'm sure KB will put a nice 6 pack together :D .

Both teams seem to be bettter on the road. I say it will not be long. Canucks are too good.

I agree but with this being a coast to coast series, I think home ice could loom much larger than it has so far.

I agree but with this being a coast to coast series, I think home ice could loom much larger than it has so far.

Well lets hope the Canucks jump on them 2-0. If they allow the split, which I actually believe may happen, I still do not worry. Vancouver just like the Dallas Mavericks. have excelled on the road. I would not be surprised to see a split in Vancouver and then Vancouver win both in Boston. I saw the Canucks live in Buffalo. It was an OT game. Great game. Myers beat Cory on the winner. No Luongo that night. Think he played in Toronto two nights earlier. The season sure is long. That seems like a hundred years ago.

Hi silver,all,

Let the games begin,....

KB :wave:

I am looking forward to the games and also the NBA final more than usual. Go Canucks. And Go Mavs. Hey, I saw the Bruins win back in the 1970's with Orr. I loved Orr. He was the best player I have ever seen. Those old battles against Montreal were classic. I remember what Boston did to Toronto that year they won the Cup. 10-1. 10-2. I mean, they didnt just beat them. They demolished them. Those Boston teams would bury this team.

Archived