The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Well lets hope the Canucks jump on them 2-0. If they allow the split, which I actually believe may happen, I still do not worry. Vancouver just like the Dallas Mavericks. have excelled on the road. I would not be surprised to see a split in Vancouver and then Vancouver win both in Boston. I saw the Canucks live in Buffalo. It was an OT game. Great game. Myers beat Cory on the winner. No Luongo that night. Think he played in Toronto two nights earlier. The season sure is long. That seems like a hundred years ago.

A split of the first 4 games is entirely possible. I was thinking home ice would come into play more towards games 5,6 and 7.

Not sure about the season being too long but I think the NHL season should start in early Sept and be finished by the end of April at the latest.

It sounds like Winnipeg could have its NHL team back by tomorrow. The Thrashers appear heading there, making it a disastrous and likely final try for hockey in Atlanta. Better the team goes where they will draw. And I am sure they will draw in Winnipeg.

Finals finally start tomorrow. Go Canucks!!

Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ha. Yeah ok. Go Bruins to the southeast division? The safe bet is Colombus coming East now that its official and Atlanta has lost hockey, this time forever. Detroit has a site dedicated to them coming East. Renewing the old original six rivlries. But major problems with that scenario. So its unlikely. Some talk of moving them in with Montreal, Toronto , Buffalo and sending Boston south. Cant see it. Colombus must come east. They sit in the Eastern time zone. Nashville has been mentioned too. But for now they are talking winnipeg goes right into Atlanta's spot until next year. So the travel time for them will be crazy. Lots of time in the air. They are saying its too late to realign for next year. I guess the schedule making has begun already. Go Canucks.

Ha. Yeah ok. Go Bruins to the southeast division? The safe bet is Colombus coming East now that its official and Atlanta has lost hockey, this time forever. Detroit has a site dedicated to them coming East. Renewing the old original six rivlries. But major problems with that scenario. So its unlikely. Some talk of moving them in with Montreal, Toronto , Buffalo and sending Boston south. Cant see it. Colombus must come east. They sit in the Eastern time zone. Nashville has been mentioned too. But for now they are talking winnipeg goes right into Atlanta's spot until next year. So the travel time for them will be crazy. Lots of time in the air. They are saying its too late to realign for next year. I guess the schedule making has begun already. Go Canucks.

Silver,Go Bruins in the cup final! ;)

KB

Once all is said and done, I think Nashville would be the logical choice to go east. They're a pretty successful franchise but haven't really established an honest rivalry with anyone in the west. They'd get that in the east with the two Florida based franchises and Carolina. Unless the league has plans to totally realign itself then to me it's a no brainer

As for Winterpeg....the names gotta be the Jets. They'll be spending a lot of time on them next season :P:D

Early 5pm start on the left coast for Game 1. There won't be much work getting done today :D

Once all is said and done, I think Nashville would be the logical choice to go east. They're a pretty successful franchise but haven't really established an honest rivalry with anyone in the west. They'd get that in the east with the two Florida based franchises and Carolina. Unless the league has plans to totally realign itself then to me it's a no brainer

As for Winterpeg....the names gotta be the Jets. They'll be spending a lot of time on them next season :P:D

Early 5pm start on the left coast for Game 1. There won't be much work getting done today :D

Well letts hope they make short work of Boston. Anyway, the word on the major sites is that Colombus coming East is the most likely scenario. And it makes sense to me. Hell, isnt Colombus Ohio farther east than Nashville Tenn? Let me go pull out my globe. I say they are correct and Columbus will come East. But maybe nothing will happen this year? so if so, Winnipeg in the south? Wow. flights back and forth to Florda and Carolina. The word is they believe they will be the Jets. Next year something has to give. They will end up in the division with Vancouver and Edmonton and Calgary eventually.

I am picking Vancouver to win this thing in five games. 27 total goals in the series. There is a contest out there asking this. There is my pick. What say you Boston fatithfull? What makes you think you can beat the Presidents trophy winnners? Tampa almost beat you. You are going down.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!

Canucks win!!!!!!:drunk::yay:

Only thing that gets me is why couldnt that guy Torres score for us against Boston last year. Kessler gets the credit from me.

Hey you Washinton and Carolina fans. Get ready to fly to Winnepeg many times next year. Ha. Jet lag. Burned out. I hope they send your buttts there and then to Vancouver the next night. Ha. Have fun. Winnipeg is in the Southern division for one year and then the realignment. Bettman says all the teams in involved will have a chance to be heard. Yeah right. He already knows whaT he willl do. Assuming that Phoenix folds after next year and winds up in Quebec? Send the Canes and Caps to Winny!!! Ha.

Why the hell did the NHL schedule a 3 DAY BREAK! between games 1 and 2? That's insane.

I'm sitting cooped up in the hospital, but at least I've got game 2 of the Stanley cup to look forward to...or so I thought. It was set up perfectly...Tuesday NBA game 1; Wednesday NHL game 1; Thursday NBA game 2; Friday NHL game 2...

Only there was no game 2 dammit! Look, there is no excuse when there's no travel involved and you're in the same arena for the first two games, for game 1 to be on Wednesday and game 2 not until Saturday!!!

NO EXCUSE!!!

Why the hell did the NHL schedule a 3 DAY BREAK! between games 1 and 2? That's insane.

I'm sitting cooped up in the hospital, but at least I've got game 2 of the Stanley cup to look forward to...or so I thought. It was set up perfectly...Tuesday NBA game 1; Wednesday NHL game 1; Thursday NBA game 2; Friday NHL game 2...

Only there was no game 2 dammit! Look, there is no excuse when there's no travel involved and you're in the same arena for the first two games, for game 1 to be on Wednesday and game 2 not until Saturday!!!

NO EXCUSE!!!

I agree. Dont get it. Too long between games. Hell, in the regular season they play back to back nights often enough. Go Canucks. Hope your hospital stay is not serious?

Did you notice how Lapierre offered up his finger tonight to Bergeron? Nice Canadian kid....

:D

That was funny. :D

Burrows' father wasn't too happy with him after game 1. Told him to make headlines another way. He did ! :)

Archived