The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I watched all games, some on TV (FOX SPORTS, ESPN) and some on the internet. Its not very hard if you are a NHL fan.

Lets see who was the better TEAM along the series: In seven games Vancuver scored 8 goals, Bruins scored 23 goals.

Kesler and both Sedin's didnt deliver on offense, and when you have such a shitty goalee as loango its no surprise, but to be fair

with him, he was the best player of the canucks all series long. bruins won fair&square and all the NHL is dirty, they all play dirty.

thats what hockey is about.

I watched all games, some on TV (FOX SPORTS, ESPN) and some on the internet. Its not very hard if you are a NHL fan.

Lets see who was the better TEAM along the series: In seven games Vancuver scored 8 goals, Bruins scored 23 goals.

Kesler and both Sedin's didnt deliver on offense, and when you have such a shitty goalee as loango its no surprise, but to be fair

with him, he was the best player of the canucks all series long. bruins won fair&square and all the NHL is dirty, they all play dirty.

thats what hockey is about.

No the entire NHL is not dirty. And that is not how its supposed to be fella. And Luongo and Vignaullt, who I have never thought was a great coach, get equal blame. In the three games Vancouver won at home they outplayed Boston big time. The only thing is the scores were close because Thomas was hot in goal. But Vancouver outskated and outplayed them. Luongo gets most of the blame from me and Vancouver are the more talented team. Boston has nobody that can match Kessler or the Sedins. Hey, the Mets beat my Orioles in 1969 and the Jets beat the Colts in the same year or a year earlier depending how you look at it. This was not an upset of those proportions, but it was an upset all the way. We beat the Bruins the last four times we played them and I wish that dumb ass kid did not take a penalty or we would have beaten Philly and advanced. We would have given Boston all they can handle. But Young defensemen should know the refs are ready to send you off, Butler grabs a jersey and with 8 minutes to go to eliminate the Flyers, we blew it. Boston was very fortunate to escape Tampa and Montreal, both went 7. I hope they meet the Sabres next year. I know we play them six times in the regular season. Hope we get to meet them in the conference final. I believe my boy Pegula will seal the deal with two moves. That and with another year under Tyler Myers belt, we are going to make some noise. Now, I look forward to some discussion in the fall. For now , I guess lets let this thread fade away until October unless there is a blockbuster of a deal. Philly is about to sign Brizgolov from Phoenix. Im sure I spelled his name wrong but who cares. See you in Germany.

The schedulle is out. After this year a realignment will take place and in all liklihood the Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets will come to the Eastern conference and their will be 8 and 7 team divisions in each conference. This year my Sabres play the Red Wings twice, home and away. It does not happen often that a western team will play an eastern team twice. My boys open in Germany and play in Vancvouver in March Ally! Ha. Hey Rorer, if you pep in, your boys play us twice the first week and you are our first opponent to open our season at home.

Flyers trade Carter and Richards and set fan base into frenzy. NHL schedule is out. Realignment coming next year. Detroit and Colombus to come east. Sabres, Ducks, Rangers and Kings open in Germany and Finland. I have to start chosing my tickets. I am looking at Edmonton, Detroit, and maybe the Leafs in April. Hey you Leafs fans. Get me a seat in Toronto!!! I dont mean free. Its impossible to get them.

Terry Pegula the new owner of the Buffalo Sabres is coming through. He bought the Rochester Americans and reunited the old time relationship with two great hockey towns he is calling Sabre Nation. All in one. And his wife is a Fairport NY native, my hometown and is very involved. Ruff, Regier, and Pegula got on a plane and personally went and welcomed Regeher the newest Sabre, a big defenseman from Calgary that is a plus rating last seven years. And now have bought the rights to Erhoff from the Islanders who had bought him from Vancouver. I expect big moves on free agency opening day tomorrow. Question is will Richards land in NY? Stamkos in Tampa? The Flyers and their whining classless fans have lost carter and Richards already due to a stupid GM named Holmgren. Watch your boys closely Rorere. They may or may not re sign Cole. The feeling is they will more likely sign Jokenin. Good days ahead. I am happy we got rid of Montador too. Last night. Good riddens. And Butler in the Calgary deal. The dumb kid that cost us a series. Stay tuned tomorrow as your team may make a big move. As for realignement, it looks like a certainty that year after this one, you will have two conferences with two divisions. A seven and an eight team conference in each with the Detroit Red Wings coming to the Eastern conference.

Regarding the recent Hall of Fame announcements, let me try to be perfectly clear...

PAT BURNS WAS ROBBED!!!

No disrespect to the players that did get elected but I agree...Pat Burns should be in !

No disrespect to the players that did get elected but I agree...Pat Burns should be in !

I think he will get in. They probably didn't want to be accused of putting him in so fast simply because he passed away of cancer (God rest his soul). I always admired him even though I did not like the teams he coached, he will get in.

I think he will get in. They probably didn't want to be accused of putting him in so fast simply because he passed away of cancer (God rest his soul). I always admired him even though I did not like the teams he coached, he will get in.

You may be right about that .

Sabres just landed Erhoff!!! 10 yrs and 40 Million I hear. Pegula means business!!!! Go Sabres!!!

Regier says it is only a $4 million dolllar hit on this years cap so we have another $10 million to play with tomorrow. Holy smokes!!!!! This brings back memories of the days of the french connection., Any of you Leafs or Flyers fans reading this? Whoa Nelly. And I just heard Brad Richards is meeting with the Sabres secretly. What will tomorrow bring?> I will put our blue line up against any in the league. Any. :drunk::yay::nhl_checking:

Maybe thinking about ice hockey will help me cool off in this 100° heat we're having in LA.

Jagre back from the dead to the Flyers(how OLD is he now...40?) and Brad Richards to the Rangers? Things are happening in the NHL off-season.

Except for the Kings as usual.

Maybe thinking about ice hockey will help me cool off in this 100° heat we're having in LA.

Jagre back from the dead to the Flyers(how OLD is he now...40?) and Brad Richards to the Rangers? Things are happening in the NHL off-season.

Except for the Kings as usual.

The Kings will be hoping that no one offers Drew Doughty and improved contract. He's a restricted FA but clubs can make him an offer and the Kings would have to respond with something extremely good to keep him in LA. Personally, he's one of two players in this league that I'd sell the fort for. The other being Chicago center Jonathan Toews .

The Kings will be hoping that no one offers Drew Doughty and improved contract. He's a restricted FA but clubs can make him an offer and the Kings would have to respond with something extremely good to keep him in LA. Personally, he's one of two players in this league that I'd sell the fort for. The other being Chicago center Jonathan Toews .

The Kings like the Sabres have to have burned up their cap money. No way can they match a big offer now.

Yo Ally and Slag and Rorer. I say the Sabrs and Kings did the best. Your Canes did a smart thing by getting Kaberle Rorer. As for the Leafs Nation, I truly hope Tim Connolly does well there. I love the guy and wish him the best. Just not when they play the Sabres. Ok, here is what the new look Sabres have. Possible lines and defensive pairings and goalie.

Vanek Leino Ennis

Gerbe Roy Pommenville

Boyes Stafford McCormick

Kaleta Hecht or Gausted Neuderneyer? Arramia or Kassian?

D (and the best blue line in the NHL in my opinion now)

Myers Erhoff

Regehr Leopold

Sekera Weber Gragnani

in Goal: Miller and Enroth

Not bad huh? Not had at all!!! Bring on the east!!!

• 5 months later...

Wow did I have to dig deep to find this thread? I expect Myers back in a couple of weeks. Cant be soon enough. Then I expect my boys to go on a roll. I expect it before that like tonight in New Jersey. So where are all the hockey fans?

Just waiting for you...a hockey fan... to show up :)

It will be head to head again with the knives vs the hats. Capitals are having a tough time with Buffalo's next men up. But old faithful Vanek continues to find the basket. Hopefully the Rangers game was not a fluke. DC had the big three scoring again, Backstrom and the two Alexes. I just hope it can continue.

Hi Black Dawg. I hope not. Go Sabres!!! Will be watching. We need Myers back big time. Miller needs to be ready for an onslaught. I am sure you guys will be out for revenge. This thread thing is playing tricks on me.

:nhl_checking:

I'll start out watching but it looks like I'll have to leave the comfort of the cave. Mrs. Dawg will probably require my company at the neighbors. I'm glad your newly wed daughter is doing well. I'll have one my twins with me for the start of the game. Go Caps!!!

Black Dawg, how can you cheer for a guy like Ovetchkin? I mean seriously? The guy is a piece of crap. We now lost Erhoff thanks to your teams dirty play. They had to go after a skill guy with a bunch of thugs. Add them to my shit list. Next trip to Buffalo I hope they call up Finley. Bigger than Myers, 6;9;; and 240 lbs. That first goal you guys sucked out with a deflection. Then we were on you like a cheap suit and could not bury the chances but for one. Your Time is Gonna Come. Ever heard that? Happy New Year. Sens in town. I will call it. Vanek gets three.

Archived