Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
wanna be drummer

The NHL Thread

I missed t of the game. OV knows how to find the goal though, lucky or unlucky. His second goal was a beauty. About the rough play. They brought Hunter in to give the team the edge they needed to win. You remember Dale's play. YouTube search him and you'll find his cheap shots galore. His personality is already present in the teams play.

Have a ticket to tomorrows' Edmonton game. Must make the trip to Buffalo in not so good weather forcast predictions. Hoping they are wrong but doubt it. If I had any idea of the injury situation I probably would have stayed home. But I bought the ticket months ago.

Just returned from downtown Buffalo following the Sabres 4-3 win over the Edmonton Oilers. Wouldnt you know it, I was smack dab in between a bunch of Edmonton fans that made the trip including three girls dressed as cheerleaders. I was right behind the Edmonton bench. They had to put up with me for three hours. ha. I had one of them ready to climb into the stands I am quite certain. Anyway, I was impressed with this kid McNabb who is in due to three of our starting defensemen being out. Those being Myers, Erhoff and Sekera. Their goalie kept it closer than it should have been and Miller let in another shot over his glove side that he should have had. It has me very concerned. He had better shape up. We need a winning streak and hopefully it started tonight. I had a good time talking to some very friendly Edmonton folks. I told them they never need worry in Buffalo. Its not Philadelphia and they shared my disdain for that team and city.

Calgary at Boston

touchdown.jpg

And a safety !

Tyler Myers returns tonight after missing 19 games. A sight for sore eyes he will be for us.

MyersUpperDeck.jpg

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Breaking news. In case you have not heard the NHLPA has rejected the realignment plan. Why on Gods earth would they do this? Stupid. Dumb. What do they want? Another lockout? Idiots.

Breaking news. In case you have not heard the NHLPA has rejected the realignment plan. Why on Gods earth would they do this? Stupid. Dumb. What do they want? Another lockout? Idiots.

I'd like to see what the realignment plan was. The players union has been split since the strike, I'm guessing there's some serious politicing going on

For one thing there were to be two divisions in each conference with seven teams in one and eight in the other. In the eight team division every team would meet five or six times and in the seven team division one less and the guarantee that every team in the league would play each other once. And I do believe home and away. So Vanouver for instance would play the Sabres home and away and so too Detroit vs Toronto or Boston and on. I do not think the setup could be the problem. How could it? Winnipeg of course would go west. Detroit would remain in the West. . But there is the lingering feeling that Phoenix will wind up in Quebec City. If so it would throw everything off again.

For one thing there were to be two divisions in each conference with seven teams in one and eight in the other. In the eight team division every team would meet five or six times and in the seven team division one less and the guarantee that every team in the league would play each other once. And I do believe home and away. So Vanouver for instance would play the Sabres home and away and so too Detroit vs Toronto or Boston and on. I do not think the setup could be the problem. How could it? Winnipeg of course would go west. Detroit would remain in the West. . But there is the lingering feeling that Phoenix will wind up in Quebec City. If so it would throw everything off again.

That makes sense. Personally, I'm in favour of the idea that all teams play home and away at least once.

Colombus has fired Scott Arniel as coach. Poor bastard. What was he to do? They need to make a few moves. Granted they had a busy off season and all and have a real great guy in Rick Nash who I want to see in a Sabres uniform yesterday, but this will solve nothing and perhaps alienate the players. I hope the Sabres grab Scott as an assistant and keep Patrick and get rid of the other guy who took McCutcheons place. The sooner the trades begin the better. I would give Colombus plenty for Rick Nash. Let the guy go play with a contender. and they can rebuild fast., We could give them two good defensemen or a D and a forward and even Enroth as a goalie if they so demand. Anything to get Nash. I will post this in the Buffalo news.

Don Fehr.

Hockey is now officially doomed.

So you belive a lockout is coming? I hope not. I wish Bettman were out. But the division plan they drew up was just fine. So what is the bickering over?

Don Fehr was in charge of the major league baseball players union..........you saw how that worked out? Now he's in charge of the NHLPA. I leopard doesn't change its' spots, ever.

They cancelled a world series when Fehr was leading that "labor force" , what makes you think another NHL shutdown because of this idiot wouldn't happen now?

Don Fehr was in charge of the major league baseball players union..........you saw how that worked out? Now he's in charge of the NHLPA. I leopard doesn't change its' spots, ever.

They cancelled a world series when Fehr was leading that "labor force" , what makes you think another NHL shutdown because of this idiot wouldn't happen now?

The owners walked all over the players during the lock out and the vast majority of the players felt that their union reps caved. I don't expect there to be many major stumbling blocks with negotiations but I'm guessing that the players feel they need a serious negotiator in their ranks so the owners don't think they can walk all over them again. Having said that, it's alway's possible that the owners and Bettman will try to test their resolve but to me that would be a lose-lose

The owners walked all over the players during the lock out and the vast majority of the players felt that their union reps caved. I don't expect there to be many major stumbling blocks with negotiations but I'm guessing that the players feel they need a serious negotiator in their ranks so the owners don't think they can walk all over them again. Having said that, it's alway's possible that the owners and Bettman will try to test their resolve but to me that would be a lose-lose

The NHL cannot afford another lock out. It will not happen. As for ESPN, they can shove their channel up their ass sideways. To hell with their bullshit schedule. Let them show NAscar to those that can watch cars go around in circles. Ill watch hockey until they drag my dead ass away. NHL Center Ice, Versus, or whatever they call it now. No strike. No way.

From what I read their union did cave. Bringing Fehr in though is like throwing aviation fuel onto a lit match. If history is any teacher, labor relations in the NHL just got God awful worse.

I don't know Gary Betteman but from what I've seen of him he has an ego the size of the Grand Canyon. So does Fehr, maybe even a bigger one...........not good.

From what I read their union did cave. Bringing Fehr in though is like throwing aviation fuel onto a lit match. If history is any teacher, labor relations in the NHL just got God awful worse.

I don't know Gary Betteman but from what I've seen of him he has an ego the size of the Grand Canyon. So does Fehr, maybe even a bigger one...........not good.

You've got a point there. Sometimes two big ego's are enough to throw a wrench into things. I hope the players have a handle on Fehr and the owners have a handle on Bettman because a work stoppage would be disasterous for both sides

Big win over the Leafs. Time for this team to get on a roll. Islanders tonight. Go Sabres! :slapshot:

What ever happened to Rorer? Does he still come on? Just because your team is rebuilding I mean, is it any differant than a disappointing start?

I am clueless as to what has happened to Ryan Miller? He cant stop a shot high to the glove side and one defenseman named Weber is hanging him out to dry constantly. I am fed up. Get rid of his ass or sit him.. I cant take any more. A team that was supposed to be far better and I know has more talent than this.

The dirty crooked fucking zebras have it in for Kaleta. So if they are going to blow him off for every clean hit, lets make it a good one tonight and send Patrick Kane through the fucking boards.

Tonight I bet the Penguins minus a goal with the Dallas game over. My team is taking a real beating on the Buffalo News and all news. Rightfully so. Regier better get off his lazy arse arse and pull the trigger. Call up Kassian, and bench that useless Weber. They need Erhoff and REfehr back yesterday. The sky is falling.

What happened to the big bad Red Wings last night? They were down 6-0 and lose 7-2 to the lowly Montreal Canadiens. Did they forget this was a game? Thanks for nothing Babcock. You really had your team ready. Where did they go before the game? What was the name of the watering hole.