The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

They cant beat Pittsburgh. they never do. I think they beat them once in the last two yrs.

5-3 in the regular season! But without their best defensemen, Kimmo & Coburn, they really don't have a chance :console:

But still a great season!!! :banana:B)

Man, I was just thinking...look at the horrible luck the Red Wings have had, and potentially how many more Stanley Cups they might have won. Hall of Famer Ted Lindsay was quoted that is week as saying the Wings would have won at least 2 more Cups, had Vladimir Konstantinov not been permanently disabled by the '97 limo crash. He stated Konstatinov was the "best hockey player in the world" at the time. Think of a defensive pair of Lidstrom/Konstantinov all these years.

Then in 2005, their great young defenseman Jiri Fischer suffered a cardiac arrest on the ice.

I guess it's a testament to the team and GM Ken Holland that they've been able to restock and keep winning all these years, even though they've lost some great players in bizarre fashion.

A local radio guy compared them to the Boston Celtics, with the tragic losses of Len Bias in 1986 and Reggie Lewis in 1993.

Man, I was just thinking...look at the horrible luck the Red Wings have had, and potentially how many more Stanley Cups they might have won. Hall of Famer Ted Lindsay was quoted that is week as saying the Wings would have won at least 2 more Cups, had Vladimir Konstantinov not been permanently disabled by the '97 limo crash. He stated Konstatinov was the "best hockey player in the world" at the time. Think of a defensive pair of Lidstrom/Konstantinov all these years.

Then in 2005, their great young defenseman Jiri Fischer suffered a cardiac arrest on the ice.

I guess it's a testament to the team and GM Ken Holland that they've been able to restock and keep winning all these years, even though they've lost some great players in bizarre fashion.

A local radio guy compared them to the Boston Celtics, with the tragic losses of Len Bias in 1986 and Reggie Lewis in 1993.

Ken Holland has done a fantastic job. Bowman got the credit but Holland IMHO deserves to be ranked with Pollack and Torrey

When Vladdy got in that accident, I cried. I couldn't believe it. They just won (on my birthday, no less) and then his happens. I remember watching ESPN and seeing all the players running into the hospital. The fact he walked across the ice unassisted when Steve got his number retired is a testament to how hard he's been working these past 10 years.

I really hope this team can go all the way this year. The last few years have been disappointing and I hope that we can make it stick.

When Vladdy got in that accident, I cried. I couldn't believe it. They just won (on my birthday, no less) and then his happens. I remember watching ESPN and seeing all the players running into the hospital. The fact he walked across the ice unassisted when Steve got his number retired is a testament to how hard he's been working these past 10 years.

I really hope this team can go all the way this year. The last few years have been disappointing and I hope that we can make it stick.

The Red Wings over Pittsburgh in 5. Pittsburgh doesnt have the experience or toughness to beat Detroit.

FINAL

Detroit 1

Dallas 3

Detroit leads series 3-1

We all know the history. The 1975 Islanders and the 1942 Maple Leafs are the only two to ever come back from 3-0. Its due to happen again but it wont happen here. Detroit is too good.

FINAL

Detroit 1

Dallas 2

Detroit leads series 3-2

Is Detroit CHOCKING again ?

Id hardly call this getting whipped. Want to make a wager that Detroit wins the series? Remember this: 1975 and 1942!! Aint happening. Detroit will win it all. And Im a Sabres fan!!

If they lose, I'll renounce my love of hockey....

I don't think it's too likely that Detroit will lose the series. At the end of the day , I think they will hammer the Penguins in the finals. But, history does have a way of repeating itself :huh:

Let's see.... The NY Giants upset both Dallas, and the unstopable Patriots....

Shit ... can Happen ! ! :D

In hockey, shit happened only twice ever. 1942 and 1975. So you could say its due to happen. Just think Detroit is too good to let it happen.

The Philly Curse continues.

Sorry dirty ass Flyers got what they deserved. I hope they enjoyed their "run". Next year they will be hard pressed to make the playoffs. They overachieved and were exposed in the end by an upstart bunch of youngsters. How do you like your Philly toast? Ill have some marmalade on mine. Those wimps. They are the dirtiest bunch of cheap shot players and got what they deserved. They suck. FLYERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry dirty ass Flyers got what they deserved. I hope they enjoyed their "run". Next year they will be hard pressed to make the playoffs. They overachieved and were exposed in the end by an upstart bunch of youngsters. How do you like your Philly toast? Ill have some marmalade on mine. Those wimps. They are the dirtiest bunch of cheap shot players and got what they deserved. They suck. FLYERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the Flyers as much as the next guy, but they do have a great future ahead. A strong core of Briere, Hartnell, Upshall, Richards, Lupyl, Carter (he's a RFA, depends if he re-signs), Timmonen etc.

Then factor in the fact that they have two of the top prospects in the NHL, Claude Giroux and James Van Riemsdyk. Watch out... :(

I hate the Flyers as much as the next guy, but they do have a great future ahead. A strong core of Briere, Hartnell, Upshall, Richards, Lupyl, Carter (he's a RFA, depends if he re-signs), Timmonen etc.

Then factor in the fact that they have two of the top prospects in the NHL, Claude Giroux and James Van Riemsdyk. Watch out... :(

Yeah, well watch out for Buffalo and Washington too dude.

I hope Detroit takes care of Dallas tonight. I dont want to see Pittsburgh get too much rest. In my opinion Detroit is the best team left. And while I on hockey, pack your bags and go home baby faced Briere you traitor. So long Flyers. Hope you enjoyed your little run. It will be your last for a while. FLYERS SUCK!!!!!

Well gee! Lets see. Hmmm. How many dumb asses did I run into today that told me Detroit was in trouble? Hmmm. And I told them all the same thing. They will win the Cup-easily!!! Even you Detroit fans that had doubt. I am a Sabres fan, but I respect Detroit and always did. I have nothing against them. They will win. I guarantee it. Pittsburgh is not tough enough or battle tested enough to beat them. the Sabres were burned out from two long seasons. They will be back with a vengeance. Montreal will be tough too. But Detroit wins the Cup this year. Why is it so many thought San Jose would win? Nobody gave Detroit a chance, yet they won the Presidents Cup. Unreal. I want them to win, even though I hate to see Hasek win anything. He is a mental case. He played in Buffalo for yrs. He is better at getting drunk and rolling Porche's into a ditch in Prague where her belongs now days. Detroit should say good riddens to bad rubbish to him after they hoist the Cup.

Archived