The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Well I had some fun with them, soon as I figured out the mods were napping. Man, I posted some seriously bad stuff on the Flyers forum, and it stayed up for SIX HOURS before anyone stopped me! The regular Joes were furious, saying 'so-and-so's gonna fry you when he sees this', blah blah...you shoulda seen it, you'da been proud of me. But now I'm 'suspended'.

Unfortunately they zapped me before I could post your last suggestion to them...so I guess your wife's gonna have to help you out with that one :hysterical:

Very nice work soldier!!! You are now promoted to leuitenant. Very nice work indeed!!!!!

How would you like to be worker at the Staples center in LA? When is the last time the Lakers, Clippers and Kings were all alive at this time of year. NEVER. Thats when.

Dale Hunter steps down? Yeah right. Sounds like Ron Wilson is heading to Wash again in my opinion.

Arlington, VA – Dale Hunter will not return as head coach of the Washington Capitals next season.

Hunter took over on November 28 after Bruce Boudreau was fired and led the Capitals to the seventh seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs. After dethroning the Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins in seven games of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, the Capitals came up one win short in the next round and lost to the New York Rangers in seven games, falling 2-1 on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden.

Arlington, VA – Dale Hunter will not return as head coach of the Washington Capitals next season.

Hunter took over on November 28 after Bruce Boudreau was fired and led the Capitals to the seventh seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs. After dethroning the Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins in seven games of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, the Capitals came up one win short in the next round and lost to the New York Rangers in seven games, falling 2-1 on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden.

Prediction. Ron Wilson will be the coach by weeks end.

Rangers in 5!

Well they must be commended for outing the hated Flyers. And Broduer is a class act. They did not play like the team that beat the Flyers tonight. A Rangers vs Kings final would mean an LA vs NY final. Go Kings!!!!!! I am behind the kings all the way. Cant stand Tortorella.

The West is over. The Kings are going to win it going away. I just hope they fair as well against the Eastern winnner I would not count the Devils out just yet after what they did to the Flyers. Remember, they lost game one in Philly and came back storming

Very nice work soldier!!! You are now promoted to leuitenant. Very nice work indeed!!!!!

A Major is a higher rank than Lieutenant, so to make him a Lieutenant would be a demotion! I don't think MM would go for that, haha.

I've seen the Kings blow it so many times I'm leary of getting too excited. I don't want to jinx them by assuming too much too soon. So to me, this series is NOT over...not by a long shot.

But yes, these are fun times in L.A. with all three Staples Center teams involved in the playoffs. And who would have thought that it might be the Lakers that will be the FIRST of the three to get knocked out?

A Major is a higher rank than Lieutenant, so to make him a Lieutenant would be a demotion! I don't think MM would go for that, haha.

I've seen the Kings blow it so many times I'm leary of getting too excited. I don't want to jinx them by assuming too much too soon. So to me, this series is NOT over...not by a long shot.

But yes, these are fun times in L.A. with all three Staples Center teams involved in the playoffs. And who would have thought that it might be the Lakers that will be the FIRST of the three to get knocked out?

Be fair now Strider. The Kings have only been to ONE Stanley Cup final with Wayne Gretsky. They won game one and proceded to lose the next four to the worst team I have ever seen win a Cup. Patrick Roy won it all by himself with a no name team. they just plain got lucky. I like the Kings this time. Whoever they meet will have a goalie that can match Quick and ini fact both are bigger names. But the Kings can do it.

Major Major. Now you have it buddy. that is Buffalo's old logo. But its good enough. I will annoint you a Sabres faithfull.

Well nothing will prevent the Kings from going to their second ever trip to the finals. I am sure hoping they can win it and beat the winner of the NY?NJ series. They may get a rest because I expect that series to go 6 or 7.

Hoky smokes! I don't know what I did to reap such good karma but I just got hooked up with a ticket for tomorrow's Game 4 between the Kings and Coyotes. With a win the Kings earn a trip to only their second Stanley Cup Finals ever.

I'm stoked!

Hoky smokes! I don't know what I did to reap such good karma but I just got hooked up with a ticket for tomorrow's Game 4 between the Kings and Coyotes. With a win the Kings earn a trip to only their second Stanley Cup Finals ever.

I'm stoked!

Nothing like seeing a playoff game in person :thumbsup: . Hope the Kings finish them off

Well, with the Lakers and Clippers pratfall, it is up to the Kings to defend LA's honour. Who would have ever figured that after the years and years of Kings futility? Even our one glorious moment in the Gretzky era when the Kings reached the Stanley Cup in 1993 is tainted by the McSorley incident and owner Bruce McNall's subsequent scandal and dishonour.

Even the Anaheim Ducks won a Stanley Cup before the Kings! :blink:

So with the Kings on the brink, I am excited yes...but also nervous. I'm thinking of all those Kings teams that never got this close...especially the days of Rogie Vachon and the "Triple Crown Line" of Marcel Dionne, Dave Taylor and Charlie Simmer. I'm thinking of Bob Miller, the best hockey announcer in the world...Voice of the Kings since 1973.

I wish the Kings still wore their old Purple and Gold uniforms. Oh, and I've been to Kings, Lakers and Clippers games and without a doubt, from start-to-finish, Kings fans are the loudest and most intense.

As soon as I tuck away my breakfast, I'm heading to the game at Staples via the subway.

Oh Rick, in case you missed it, it takes the Staples crew 2 hours and 15 minutes to change from hockey ice to basketball court.

Well, damn...looks like I jinxed the Kings. I go to my first game of the season and they lose for the first time since April 18. Coyotes goalie Mike Smith was outstanding.

Access to the Stanley Cup Finals denied. For the time being.

Well, damn...looks like I jinxed the Kings. I go to my first game of the season and they lose for the first time since April 18. Coyotes goalie Mike Smith was outstanding.

Access to the Stanley Cup Finals denied. For the time being.

I have little doubt they will get there. But I just hope they win it. I do NOT want either NY or NJ to win. No way. Go Kings.

WOO HOO!!! HOORAY!!! LONG LIVE THE KINGS!!!

Nice win in Overtime and on the road yet again. Maybe L.A. should volunteer to play all the Stanley Cup games on the road. Whatever happens in the NY-NJ series, looks like the Finals begin May 30. Kings get a nice little rest.

Gonna have a look at my schedule and see if I can possibly go to one of the games. Who knows when they'll be back again?

WOO HOO!!! HOORAY!!! LONG LIVE THE KINGS!!!

Nice win in Overtime and on the road yet again. Maybe L.A. should volunteer to play all the Stanley Cup games on the road. Whatever happens in the NY-NJ series, looks like the Finals begin May 30. Kings get a nice little rest.

Gonna have a look at my schedule and see if I can possibly go to one of the games. Who knows when they'll be back again?

I sure hope they win. You never know how long it will be until you get your next chance. Its almost a certainty the Kings will not get back to this point again next year. They are good but not that good. And are having a magical season where in this playoff everything has bounced their way. I do not think they could beat the likes of Vancouver , St Louis or Detroit agaiin so soon so I hope they get it done. this is their chance. They had to wait twenty years since the last one and the only other one in their 44 year history. Having a week off can be good and bad. You can lose your rythym. You can get rusty. But lets hope that does not happen to them. They will have time to get used to the 3 hr time distance. I would get them to the East coast at least 3 days before the first game. Go Kings. It was a late night here watching it.

There are some hard feelings over a hit late in the game. Dustin Brown is the bad guy and Smith the goalie is not too happy. There may be a review and I fear Shanahammer may do something the prick he is. I hate that fucker.

Well the ratings may take a hit if its not the Rangers and Kings. The old network dream of LA vs NY? But does it really matter? Lets face it. To the true hockey fans it certainly matters not. To the casual fan I do not think it will make that much of a difference, More people know Marty Broduer than any player on the Rangers. They may fall out of their seats when they see the Kings playing for the Cup. I am not sure who is the better matchup for the Kings? What say you Ally? Do you think it matters? I say defensively the Rangers are a little better on the blue line. Goaltending is a wash. A three way wash. Kovalchuk is more dangerous than any Ranger and yes that includes Callahan and Gaborik. Its close though. That shove on Broduer was total BS. The Rangers deserve to go home for that alone. This is a series that will make them wish they had the NBA's 232 final rather than 2-2-1-1-1-. 3000 Mile flights after game two. I am not counting the Rangers out yet, and I think they wil be tough to beat in game six. GO KINGS!!!!!

Well the ratings may take a hit if its not the Rangers and Kings. The old network dream of LA vs NY? But does it really matter? Lets face it. To the true hockey fans it certainly matters not. To the casual fan I do not think it will make that much of a difference, More people know Marty Broduer than any player on the Rangers. They may fall out of their seats when they see the Kings playing for the Cup. I am not sure who is the better matchup for the Kings? What say you Ally? Do you think it matters? I say defensively the Rangers are a little better on the blue line. Goaltending is a wash. A three way wash. Kovalchuk is more dangerous than any Ranger and yes that includes Callahan and Gaborik. Its close though. That shove on Broduer was total BS. The Rangers deserve to go home for that alone. This is a series that will make them wish they had the NBA's 232 final rather than 2-2-1-1-1-. 3000 Mile flights after game two. I am not counting the Rangers out yet, and I think they wil be tough to beat in game six. GO KINGS!!!!!

I think the Kings match up well against either team. The Finals start next Wed so I suppose anyone who wants the Kings to win should also hope that the Rangers/Devils series goes 7

I think the Kings match up well against either team. The Finals start next Wed so I suppose anyone who wants the Kings to win should also hope that the Rangers/Devils series goes 7

Well good chance that will happen. The Ranges seem to play better on the road. I love the game but I must say I agree with those that say hockey should end before June. It just makes no sense that they play the finals in hockey in the hot month of June. Hockey is a wiinter sport. I wish they would start in mid Sept if they must and end it before the summer.

Well good chance that will happen. The Ranges seem to play better on the road. I love the game but I must say I agree with those that say hockey should end before June. It just makes no sense that they play the finals in hockey in the hot month of June. Hockey is a wiinter sport. I wish they would start in mid Sept if they must and end it before the summer.

I agree. June is for Baseball

Archived