The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Okay, I'm sorry, I love him and he is my avatar since I joined, but no way in hell is miller better than quick or lundqvist. Especially quick.

Quick is not showing just a flash of brilliance, that has been his whole career. Miller had one vezina season, where he played really well and deserved it. His numbers outside of that season range from 10th-15th every other freaking year of his career. I love him and think, with a better team, he can lead us to a cup. The rose colored glasses can be blinding sometimes.

He took us to two Eastern Conference finals in the non Vezina years dude. And only losing 4 defenseman at once cost us the Cup that should have been ours and not Carolinas. Miller is better than Quick. And on a breakaway, shootout, the best in the business

In 06 he had .908 SP. The heart and grit of that team brought them inches from the final.

Last year, quick won a cup and playoff MVP, so playoff performance goes to quick.

Quick had .946 SP in last years run. And a 1.41 GAA.

Do you not see a huge difference in those numbers?

In 06 he had .908 SP. The heart and grit of that team brought them inches from the final.

Last year, quick won a cup and playoff MVP, so playoff performance goes to quick.

Quick had .946 SP in last years run. And a 1.41 GAA.

Do you not see a huge difference in those numbers?

Numbers do not tell the entire tale in sports. Raw numbers can be misleading. No place in those numbers does it state the quality of the saves made or the level of difficulty. We lost 4 starting defesnemen in the 06 Eastern finals and if Tallinder alone were ok we would have had the damn Cup. Ill take Miller.

Sure, numbers aren't telling, and sure, miller almost has a cup.

Quick has numbers, and a cup.

If we offered miller for quick, they'd laugh in our faces, and tell us to add myers and grigorenko.

Do you know how many teams wish they had Milller dude? Are you a Flyers troll?

Miller has more chapters yet to write.

And here's where we agree. I think he can win a cup here. I think we're well on our way to building a team to do that.

Hecht is coming back it sounds like, can't remember if I mentioned that here.

And here's where we agree. I think he can win a cup here. I think we're well on our way to building a team to do that.

Hecht is coming back it sounds like, can't remember if I mentioned that here.

I have mixed emotions on him. Always hurt is seems. I want them to go after Arnott

Four months worth of a lockout and wouldn't ya know it... the Canucks have a bye :lol:

Ill have to go look? They dont play on Sat or Sun? Buffalo does not play the first day but we get the Flyers on national TV. I thought to myself they are going head on with the championship game? But the NFL probably does not start until 4?

Ill have to go look? They dont play on Sat or Sun? Buffalo does not play the first day but we get the Flyers on national TV. I thought to myself they are going head on with the championship game? But the NFL probably does not start until 4?

Jan 20 3:00 NFC 6:30 AFC

Jan 20 3:00 NFC 6:30 AFC

Thanks. Good news. Sabres play at 1230. The schedule will be gruelling for all. 4 games in 6 nights

Just imagine what those Toronto at Montteal tickets will go for opening night? Big. And philly gets a jump on us playing Pittsburgh the day before. Rangers and Sabres in same boat. Open Sunday vs teams that play Sat. I dont know if that is an advantage or disadvantage?

Thanks. Good news. Sabres play at 1230. The schedule will be gruelling for all. 4 games in 6 nights

Just imagine what those Toronto at Montteal tickets will go for opening night? Big. And philly gets a jump on us playing Pittsburgh the day before. Rangers and Sabres in same boat. Open Sunday vs teams that play Sat. I dont know if that is an advantage or disadvantage?

Every game will count this season! GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like our chances to win the division. I think Boston will miss Thomas in the nets. I think Ottawa will miss Alfredson and his leadership. And our young guys like Foligno and Ennis and Myers have developed. And Cody Hodgeson. Steve Ott will help us and Scott gives us an answer for fights if we must fight. LETS GO BUFF A LO!!!

Yeah, every game will count and I love it ! It'll never happen but IMHO, a 60 game regular season schedule would go a long way to making that the case every season. You guy's will miss Thomas but he's already cost me a dozen beer so...I won't :lol:

Yeah, every game will count and I love it ! It'll never happen but IMHO, a 60 game regular season schedule would go a long way to making that the case every season. You guy's will miss Thomas but he's already cost me a dozen beer so...I won't :lol:

They will never give up the revenue of an 82 game season

They will never give up the revenue of an 82 game season

I know and I wouldn't either if I was them. However, It would sure make the regular season more interesting. I'm really looking forward to this shortened schedule !

Archived