The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I'd switch Detroit and chicago, buffalo and Boston, and give Washington ottawas p. Also wouldn't count out Edmonton and Phoenix.

Of course you would. Now no Thomas for Boston. Who is their backup goalie? As good as Enroth on the ten nights or so they have to rest Rask? I doubt it. Boston is not an automatic playoff pick either. Phoenix has a shot, but I feel the West is tough. I still believe Ottawa overachieved last year. So I guess Toronto cant be totally ruled out either? I do not like Washington this year. I feel Tampa and Carolina are the two teams that come out of the South. I would have even considered Winnipeg if not for that travel. The South to me is very weak this year. With the exception of Tampa. I feel Carolina has made some moves and with Cam Ward, must be considered for a playoff spot. I know my buddie Black Dawg wont like this but he has not got a goalie that is good enough and I am putting him in the Super Bowl. LOL. You cant have everything BD

Arcane, I would like to see Ryan Miller use the lumber on some of those dirty Flyers. Back in the day the Flyers had a goaliie named Hextall that did it often. He would wait until the refs and skaters were going back the other way and try and catch a stray coming late around the net and give him a good old chop in the legs. Danny Briere would be a good start. Give him a good one right in the chops. Lets get Scott out there and have him slam a few of them. Any of you Flyer trolls that are reading, see ya Sunday you dirt bags

Injuries are already starting to creep into Canuck camp. Kesler still out for a few weeks and now, Booth has been ruled out for 6wks. That's 2/3 of our second line !

Injuries are already starting to creep into Canuck camp. Kesler still out for a few weeks and now, Booth has been ruled out for 6wks. That's 2/3 of our second line !

Wowl And i have Kesler on a fantasy. I better bench him. Canucks will win that division. Worry not. I hope the Leafs get in Juliet. Seriously. Just not at the expense of my Sabes. Lets send the Bruins home without Thomas. They are being sooooo overated.

Of course you would. Now no Thomas for Boston. Who is their backup goalie? As good as Enroth on the ten nights or so they have to rest Rask? I doubt it. Boston is not an automatic playoff pick either. Phoenix has a shot, but I feel the West is tough. I still believe Ottawa overachieved last year. So I guess Toronto cant be totally ruled out either? I do not like Washington this year. I feel Tampa and Carolina are the two teams that come out of the South. I would have even considered Winnipeg if not for that travel. The South to me is very weak this year. With the exception of Tampa. I feel Carolina has made some moves and with Cam Ward, must be considered for a playoff spot. I know my buddie Black Dawg wont like this but he has not got a goalie that is good enough and I am putting him in the Super Bowl. LOL. You cant have everything BD

I'll take the Vinnie L. over Lord Stanley any day. How does that cup miss feel compared to your SB almosts?

I'll take the Vinnie L. over Lord Stanley any day. How does that cup miss feel compared to your SB almosts?

The Super Bowl was much worse because I knew we were the better team. We were not the better team on paper in 99 but we were the best team in 75 and in 06 when bad luck with injuries cost us the Cup.

^ Caps lost in 4

I need a couple updates on the state of the Wash Caps? I know Oates is the coach. Says he is putting Ovetchkin on the wing. I like this move. I do not know if their goalending is good enough? Cam Ward is a very good goaltender and Tampa seems to have the most talent in the division? But I could be dead wrong. Time will tell. I do think Florida will regress. And New Jersey will also. Lindy should have my boys ready to rumble

I need a couple updates on the state of the Wash Caps? I know Oates is the coach. Says he is putting Ovetchkin on the wing. I like this move. I do not know if their goalending is good enough? Cam Ward is a very good goaltender and Tampa seems to have the most talent in the division? But I could be dead wrong. Time will tell. I do think Florida will regress. And New Jersey will also. Lindy should have my boys ready to rumble

Wwe have the youngster Holtby in front of the twine. He is playing with Hersey now. He has shown flashes of great composure and has had some big playoff games. I think he will develop into another Olie The Goalie. My focus wont be on the Caps until after Feb 3.

Wwe have the youngster Holtby in front of the twine. He is playing with Hersey now. He has shown flashes of great composure and has had some big playoff games. I think he will develop into another Olie The Goalie. My focus wont be on the Caps until after Feb 3.

I have not followed the AHL lateley. Does Baltimore still have a team?

I have not followed the AHL lateley. Does Baltimore still have a team?

We haven't had a Team in almost 20 years now. That's hard to believe. The last team we had was the Baltimore Bandits. They disbanded around around 95. Closest team is the Hersey bears, farm team for caps.

We haven't had a Team in almost 20 years now. That's hard to believe. The last team we had was the Baltimore Bandits. They disbanded around around 95. Closest team is the Hersey bears, farm team for caps.

The Skipjacks were more recent than the old Clippers. And Cleveland has not had a team either. The old Barons. The AHL is so big now too. Every year affiliations change so its hard to keep track. The relaionship between the Sabres and Americans is one of the best in sports. The Americans sold out the Niagra Center with 19,000 at the game recently. We are like a Canadien city here when it comes to hockey, Buffalo and Rochester both. The Sabres are huge here.

What say ye of my picks?

They look good, once I get a chance I'll spark up the lap top and do my picks. The glass is cracked on this tablet im using,and its a pain in the ass to type.

In your area is MSG showing any Sabers training camp stuff, or is it all Rangers? Im watching the NYR training camp 2 hour special.

They look good, once I get a chance I'll spark up the lap top and do my picks. The glass is cracked on this tablet im using,and its a pain in the ass to type.

In your area is MSG showing any Sabers training camp stuff, or is it all Rangers? Im watching the NYR training camp 2 hour special.

You can probably get the pC chord like I did and hook it to your flat screen TV and use it that way? I have not put it on to see about the Sabres as I get plenty of updates on the Buffalo news online, Sabres.com, and NHL channel. I know the players and who will be there. I love their lineup and I think Myers and Erhoff will go together very well. Marcus Foligno, Cody Hodgeson are a couple of young kids to really watch out for. We need Ryan Miller to play like Ryan Miller. If so, look out.

You can probably get the pC chord like I did and hook it to your flat screen TV and use it that way? I have not put it on to see about the Sabres as I get plenty of updates on the Buffalo news online, Sabres.com, and NHL channel. I know the players and who will be there. I love their lineup and I think Myers and Erhoff will go together very well. Marcus Foligno, Cody Hodgeson are a couple of young kids to really watch out for. We need Ryan Miller to play like Ryan Miller. If so, look out.

I expect Cody to have a very good year for you guys. Saw an interview with him last week and he said he was really happy about the trade and loves Buffalo. I like what we got back in Kassian but with Kesler out, Cody would have been a nice fit as our #2 centre. Time will tell I guess

I expect Cody to have a very good year for you guys. Saw an interview with him last week and he said he was really happy about the trade and loves Buffalo. I like what we got back in Kassian but with Kesler out, Cody would have been a nice fit as our #2 centre. Time will tell I guess

He played grea in Rochester and he is in game shape. Foligno is going to be a good young player and Tyler Ennis should have a break out season. Add that to guys like /Vanek and Pommer who have been here, we have a shot. We have Erhoff and Myers and a guy named Miller. I hope you get Kesler back soon. Go Sabres!! And go Canucks and Blues also.

He played grea in Rochester and he is in game shape. Foligno is going to be a good young player and Tyler Ennis should have a break out season. Add that to guys like /Vanek and Pommer who have been here, we have a shot. We have Erhoff and Myers and a guy named Miller. I hope you get Kesler back soon. Go Sabres!! And go Canucks and Blues also.

Kesler's important because this shortened season is going to be a trackmeet to the playoffs but with him out, it'll give a couple of guy's from the farm a chance to prove themselves. Personally, I'm quite interested to see what they can do and how Vigneault handles his line combinations. Not sure we'll be the run and gun team we've been in recent years. I like the look of the Sabres too. The young guy's you've mentioned had enough ice time under their belts last season to make an impact this year. You'll definitely have a good second scoring line and I expect your power play to be...deadly. BTW, Cody is one hell of a defensive centre too so expect to see him on the penalty kill, a lot !

Kesler's important because this shortened season is going to be a trackmeet to the playoffs but with him out, it'll give a couple of guy's from the farm a chance to prove themselves. Personally, I'm quite interested to see what they can do and how Vigneault handles his line combinations. Not sure we'll be the run and gun team we've been in recent years. I like the look of the Sabres too. The young guy's you've mentioned had enough ice time under their belts last season to make an impact this year. You'll definitely have a good second scoring line and I expect your power play to be...deadly. BTW, Cody is one hell of a defensive centre too so expect to see him on the penalty kill, a lot !

I love our blue line. Tyler Myers and Erhoff will be a hell of a combo and they have Leopold, Sekera, who can all score. They have added toughness with Steve Ott and Scott from the Rangers to do the fighting if needed. Ryan Miller should be on a mission,. With him all things are possible. I expect Thomas Vanek to light the lamp and Stafford to be better around guys like Hodgeson and Leino, Foligno and Tyler Ennis who has a ton of speed. I think Thomas's decision to sit in Boston leaves them in rough shape when /Rask sits. Or perhaps even when Rask plays? I have never heard of this backup goalie they have. I say they are overated. They must score often to win. The Sabres can win the Northeast. In Vegas they are picked second to Boston and to me Boston is way overated. Vancouver and St Louis are cinches in their divisions. The mystery division to me is the South. Very tough to read. And the West too. I am picking Dalllas on a hunch. Lehtonen is good and LA will suffer the case of the Stanley Cup hangover. It took them 40 yrs to get one and they are not likely to repeat. I say impossible. League is too tough and they came out of nowhere. Too many aged legs and summer parties. I say the West will come down to St Louis and Vancouver. The East, i will say the Rangers and Sabres and Pittsburgh and Philly is a good four team race and Tampa could also be in the mix.

I love our blue line. Tyler Myers and Erhoff will be a hell of a combo and they have Leopold, Sekera, who can all score. They have added toughness with Steve Ott and Scott from the Rangers to do the fighting if needed. Ryan Miller should be on a mission,. With him all things are possible. I expect Thomas Vanek to light the lamp and Stafford to be better around guys like Hodgeson and Leino, Foligno and Tyler Ennis who has a ton of speed. I think Thomas's decision to sit in Boston leaves them in rough shape when /Rask sits. Or perhaps even when Rask plays? I have never heard of this backup goalie they have. I say they are overated. They must score often to win. The Sabres can win the Northeast. In Vegas they are picked second to Boston and to me Boston is way overated. Vancouver and St Louis are cinches in their divisions. The mystery division to me is the South. Very tough to read. And the West too. I am picking Dalllas on a hunch. Lehtonen is good and LA will suffer the case of the Stanley Cup hangover. It took them 40 yrs to get one and they are not likely to repeat. I say impossible. League is too tough and they came out of nowhere. Too many aged legs and summer parties. I say the West will come down to St Louis and Vancouver. The East, i will say the Rangers and Sabres and Pittsburgh and Philly is a good four team race and Tampa could also be in the mix.

The west will be it's usual ..down to the last game of the season ...to see who makes the playoffs. I expect the Canucks to be a team that makes the playoffs but not as the first seed. I can see us slipping a bit this year.I see that happening to the Wings too. The Kings may not repeat but I can't see them doing any worse that making the conference semi finals. Imo, the teams to look out for in the west are the Blackhawks, Wild and Ducks but I agree with you, to me, the Blues are the team to beat. Edmonton may make the playoffs but I don't think they're ready to go deep into them. It's harder for me to predict the east because we won't see much of them this year unless the Leafs and Habs are on TV. There's no question the Bruins will miss Thomas but they must have confidence in Rask and/or they'll make a move for someone. Just can't ignore them Bruins ! The Sabres should be there along with the Penguins and Rangers. The teams in the east that I think will show a big improvement this year are the Lightning and Habs. The team that has a big drop from last year imho, will be the Flyers and I'm not saying that cause you hate them so much... :lol: . I don't think they're as good as advertised and unless Bryzkaloff stands on his head, they'll struggle to make the playoffs

Archived