The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Ugh, I'm so bummed out. The Wings parade/rally is tomorrow at 11:00am. It's in Hart Plaza, which is right outside my building here at work, I could just walk outside and go to it. I went to the rally in 2002, and the one for the Pistons in 2004. But tomorrow I'm off of work because I'm going to a wedding out of town, and will miss it! Dohhhhh.

Congrats Red Wings!! My homestate team!!

Detroit could use something to celebrate these days...

Sheesh, when the Tigers were in the the playoffs two years ago hubby was like "I never knew you were such a 'fan'" as in fanatic! I was jumping up and down and hooting and roaring! I've missed having a homestate team to cheer for...of course the Pistons always do well but - football is my fave sport and um....the Lions...do they still play?! :hysterical:

Hi;

I know I was cheering for the Pens but I can't help but be happy for Dan Fleury of The Wings. He's from HARBOUR GRACE, NEWFOUNDLAND, CANADA...

They were interviewing the mayor today on the CBC..He's just so excited and happy. He had nothing but good things to say about Dan.

It sounds like they can hardly wait to have Danny and The Stanley Cup back home for what sounds like is going to be a heck of a party....

Juliet

Red Wings have a few players they need to dump or trade off:

Dominic Hasek - He's old. So is Chelios, but Cheli doesn't need the hand-eye coordination as a goalie does and Hasek has really shown his age this year. He's supposed to retire, good thing too

Andreas Lilja - Honestly, I think he's worthless. He really doesn't do jack shit.

Mikael Samuelsson - He had two two-goal games in the playoffs I think, but besides that, he doesn't really get the job done. Scares me every time he's out there. I say trade him and Lilja for a young, decent Defenseman to replace Cheli when he retires

Dallas Drake - I love watching him play, but he's getting too old. Trade him while we can still get someone for him.

The old guys prevailed this year,didn't they?

Hasek didn't but yeah, Drake and Chelios really pulled through in the year.

I just think it's time to turn over the reigns. You'll notice that I don't want to get rid of all the old folk. I love having Draper, Maltby, Lindstrom, McCarty, etc. out there and they're veterans. But, Hasek is simply too old. Drake is simply too slow.

Keep most of the vets that produce, but get rid of some while other teams want them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Rangers can't buy wins anymore with the cap in place. That $15 million investment in #3 centreman Drury and #2 centreman Gomez is sure looking like one hell of a deal. I may love Slats for building my beloved Oilers their dynasty throughout an entire decade, but my god has he pulled some absolute asinine moves since then, and that's starting with when he was still GM of the Oilers.

I can say, in all sincerity, that when I look at the Leafs' line-up, I see no reason for optimism at all. Not that stranger things haven't happened, but what can I say about that team that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan? It looks bombed out and depleted.

Two things; Fletcher has a knack for seeing potential chemistry and the new couch has the same ability. The leafs aren't finished building this mediocre team and there may be a few suprises in the last half of the season. The team you see will not be the same team by seasons end.

Wishful thinking...maybe. Educated guess.....maybe.

So...how bout those Argo's!

:)

LEAFS 7 SABRES 4*

YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

(*pre-season game. I'm stalking up on all the good vibes I can get)

I do think the Buds will at least be competitive and we're on the upswing.

But now that Wellwood and Raycroft are gone, I have no one to spew my vitriol on. Yet hehe.

Archived