The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

So you love them both?

Later today ordering Center Ice

My passion is for the NY Rangers, as my father and his father, and his father as well. When it comes to the Stars, it’s funny. I started following them as soon as Verbek came down here, and he was followed by Zobov…now that I’ve transplanted down here from NY , I’ve followed the more closely, and naturally became a bigger fan than in the past. But my blood runs blue, no doubt about that.

My passion is for the NY Rangers, as my father and his father, and his father as well. When it comes to the Stars, it’s funny. I started following them as soon as Verbek came down here, and he was followed by Zobov…now that I’ve transplanted down here from NY , I’ve followed the more closely, and naturally became a bigger fan than in the past. But my blood runs blue, no doubt about that.

The experts like the Rangers chances. I would take a Rangers vs Sabres Eastern Conference final. This Russian rookie will dress for my Sabres. Grigorenko. Good luck with that one Rick J. I am hoping we come out guns a blazin!!!!

....I was 3yrs old in 67, so unfortunatley I don't really have any memories, although it was not long afterwards that HNIC became a staple......Jim Dorey is my all time favorite player and thats how far back I go with the Buds.....Hopefully I will live long enough to possibly see them win a cup again, but I could be outta luck lol....

It was a great series with Sawchuck being the biggest difference . Even though I was only 10yrs old, I remember it quite well because at the time, the Habs had won two straight cups and it seemed as though nobody could beat them. The Leafs were a veteran team and were not given much of a chance at pulling off the upset. The country was also extremely divided at the time and that just added a whole different dimension to the series.Especially for us kids who were just beginning to understand just how divided the country really was back then . Anywho, I was just curious if anyone else here remembered

Ducks 7 Canucks 3 ...yikes !

Had a bad feeling so I only took the game over. Wise choice. I had Minnesoata and St louis both minus the goal and they came through. I really hope my Sabres take care of Philly and play well in their opener. They are favored big in Vegas, likely because Philly had to play Pittsburgh yesterday? Many of these Sabres will be playing together for the first time. Ott, Grigorenko for instance and I do not know the lines yet. Ill go to Buffalo News next to see if they are posted. Its Miller Time. I am counting on Ryan. I put the Canucks game on for a minute and it looked like Luongo was in the nets? But I have to go check to see if he started. Either way a bad start for the Canucks but onl one game. I hope they wake up and bury Edmonton tonight. If they lose that one I start to worry.

The Stars game was completely sold out. I spent all yesterday morning trying to get tickets without stubhub or other scalper sources. A ticket agent from the stars told me to check back with Ticketmaster’s web site at 1pm. So I logged on at 1…the first 3 times, nothing came up……than on the 4th attempted, POW, section 103 row E….5th row from the glass!!! I used the promo code STARS, and got my daughters ticket free. She got to see the greatest European hockey player of all time score 2 goals and 2 assists, Jagr was on his game, still jet lagged from his trip back to the states this week. …..there was a buzz in that building, there hasn’t been a buzz in a building for hockey down here for a long time.

View from our seats.....

8398784898_309871c8a4_b.jpg

Fire & Ice....

8397695163_0a03e3420a_b.jpg

Well Zepscoda a better start for Dallas than the Rangers but only one game. It takes time to gel and I worry about the Sabres today. Miller must be on. If so, we can have the luxury of mixing lines. Fucking Teamo Selanne is 99 yrs old and gets 2 goals. Remember the year him and Mogilny scored 76? How long has Alex been gone? Unreal

oh my Rangers........I havent watched the game yet, so I'll save my bitching till I do....not much time to catch up, they play again tonight. I saw a lot of Ott jerseys and tee shirts last night, I hope he pulls through for you guys.

oh my Rangers........I havent watched the game yet, so I'll save my bitching till I do....not much time to catch up, they play again tonight. I saw a lot of Ott jerseys and tee shirts last night, I hope he pulls through for you guys.

No worries lad,you guys owned us last year,....

Archived