The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Kings lost...and lost badly. But at least the Stanley Cup banner was finally raised at Staples Center.

With the touching help of the family of one of the Newtown, CT shooting victims, too.

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=8860037

Nice ceremony. I am sure you are well aware of the Stanly Cup hangover blues? It is very hard to motivate a team that just won the Cup no matter how hard you try in this day in age. Its not like the Kings are built like a Dynasty team like the old Oilers with Gretsky. My personal opinion is its very very unlikely they can repeat. The odds are just very high. Much to overcome and other teams that probably want it more. But I am happy they got one. I have always liked the Kings. Now maybe some of those Jack Nicholson's will come out to see them as often as the Lakers? Doubt it but maybe a little more. I remember watching a game back in the 80's and Barbara Streisand was there. Roby made a comment "what did she do her hair with dynamite?" I think he probably regretted that comment.

Had a bad feeling so I only took the game over. Wise choice. I had Minnesoata and St louis both minus the goal and they came through. I really hope my Sabres take care of Philly and play well in their opener. They are favored big in Vegas, likely because Philly had to play Pittsburgh yesterday? Many of these Sabres will be playing together for the first time. Ott, Grigorenko for instance and I do not know the lines yet. Ill go to Buffalo News next to see if they are posted. Its Miller Time. I am counting on Ryan. I put the Canucks game on for a minute and it looked like Luongo was in the nets? But I have to go check to see if he started. Either way a bad start for the Canucks but onl one game. I hope they wake up and bury Edmonton tonight. If they lose that one I start to worry.

Cory started and Luongo came in after the 5th Anaheim goal. The Canucks as a team looked brutal last night

Flyers Spanked!!!!!!

Sabres 5 2

Excellent win for the Sabres. Biggest improvement I noticed was them crashing the net and winning the battles down low.

Did you get to see it in Canada? Great if you did. On Center Ice? Great win Ally

Watched it on NBC. Hodgeson is going to make a huge difference over the course of the season. Even if it's just on the PP and PK. Improvement in those two areas and Miller playing like he can should add another 20pts in the standings alone

Watched it on NBC. Hodgeson is going to make a huge difference over the course of the season. Even if it's just on the PP and PK. Improvement in those two areas and Miller playing like he can should add another 20pts in the standings alone

Great start. I wonder if they will play Enroth in Toronto tomorrow? Possible. We do not lose much with him in the nets. Great start for my boys. Flyer trolls be off with you!!!! I have already posted on Philly.com!!! :lol:

Great start. I wonder if they will play Enroth in Toronto tomorrow? Possible. We do not lose much with him in the nets. Great start for my boys. Flyer trolls be off with you!!!! I have already posted on Philly.com!!! :lol:

Let me just qualify, I meant 20pts over a full season so with this shortened season, it should be worth 10pts ..at least

I'm thinking Miller plays in Toronto . Gotta keep him on a roll

Let me just qualify, I meant 20pts over a full season so with this shortened season, it should be worth 10pts ..at least

I'm thinking Miller plays in Toronto . Gotta keep him on a roll

Possible. But Enroth has played often in Europe and did very well I heard. I am not sure which league? I love this team. How about Vanek and his 5 points? Ate the Flyers up. He had more speed than usual. I think he has been working on his speed. And he went in the trench's. Time to go in and roll the Leafs tomorrow. I know the Leafs should be better, but they are not the team that will fight for the division,. I say its the Sabres and Bruins. Ottawa is a mystery. I still think Alfredson will be missed as he was their leader. I have to admit this coach has done quite a job with them. I thought they would fall apart. Montreal looks like the worst team in the division. I wish I could read the comments on Hockeyblogs.net. Ha. My name is being tossed around I am sure.

Possible. But Enroth has played often in Europe and did very well I heard. I am not sure which league? I love this team. How about Vanek and his 5 points? Ate the Flyers up. He had more speed than usual. I think he has been working on his speed. And he went in the trench's. Time to go in and roll the Leafs tomorrow. I know the Leafs should be better, but they are not the team that will fight for the division,. I say its the Sabres and Bruins. Ottawa is a mystery. I still think Alfredson will be missed as he was their leader. I have to admit this coach has done quite a job with them. I thought they would fall apart. Montreal looks like the worst team in the division. I wish I could read the comments on Hockeyblogs.net. Ha. My name is being tossed around I am sure.

Going into the trenches winning the battles down low and cycling the puck is something that becomes contageous. I think the Sabres lacked that last season and it's why I figure it's worth 10pts in the standings to them. It's also something they'll need to be able to do to compete with the likes of the Bruins and Rangers. Hard to say anything about the Leafs and Habs at this point but I do think the Habs will be a factor. With Price already signed to a deal, if they can resign Suppan to one as well, it'll send a message of managements intent to the rest of the team. A team btw who I think is a lot better than last years performances indicated

Going into the trenches winning the battles down low and cycling the puck is something that becomes contageous. I think the Sabres lacked that last season and it's why I figure it's worth 10pts in the standings to them. It's also something they'll need to be able to do to compete with the likes of the Bruins and Rangers. Hard to say anything about the Leafs and Habs at this point but I do think the Habs will be a factor. With Price already signed to a deal, if they can resign Suppan to one as well, it'll send a message of managements intent to the rest of the team. A team btw who I think is a lot better than last years performances indicated

I do noy know if points we can predict? You slay one dragon and a new one is coming at you in another day

Archived