The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Thanks. So they called him up from Providence? I remember when Providence were the Reds in the 60s. Thomas really had a falling out with them didnt he? I dont get that

He just took a year off, they didn't have an argument or anything. They wanted his cap space gone, they had a player guaranteed not to suit up taking up valuable cap space.

These refs are a fucking disgrace. They give Boston a ton of power plays, and they hack the fuck out of us and they have not been given shit

we don't get the Boston Buffalo game up here...what is the score?.....Any scraps?

Rick, I'm beginning to think your incessant trash talking before games, generally unwarranted, is what has jinxed us to this horrible start.

Haha just kidding, we just suck.

Are you going to justify the officiating in this game? Did you see all the power plays they were handed? And when they fucking grabbed and hooked Hecht just for one example they call nothing. This game could have been won even with the fact Boston did not play in days. /dont forget that. We dont suck.

Rick, I'm beginning to think your incessant trash talking before games, generally unwarranted, is what has jinxed us to this horrible start.

Haha just kidding, we just suck.

Miller played great. They obviously had more energy. The benching of Myers probably ends Tues with Webers stupid fucking delay of game penalty costing us the game.

The officiating was brutal, both ways, but I wouldn't list it as a reason we lost. When vanek isn't scoring, it puts a spotlight on how brutal our secondary scoring is.

You have to give Thomas a pass. Boston was rested and Miller played great. I wish Darcy would get on the phone and get Weber and Regehr out of here. And Hecht. Hecht is useless. Why does Ruff keep him in there. Gregorenko was playing pretty good. I am sure in Ottawa the lineup will be far different. Still, we have a long way to go. The Kings are begging for D men. Give them a boatload and Enroth for Bernier. Or trade with Calgary, a team that is going nowhere and will do business. Maybe Iginla would come here?

You have to give Thomas a pass. Boston was rested and Miller played great. I wish Darcy would get on the phone and get Weber and Regehr out of here. And Hecht. Hecht is useless. Why does Ruff keep him in there. Gregorenko was playing pretty good. I am sure in Ottawa the lineup will be far different. Still, we have a long way to go. The Kings are begging for D men. Give them a boatload and Enroth for Bernier. Or trade with Calgary, a team that is going nowhere and will do business. Maybe Iginla would come here?

Oh, I know, not riding Vanek, he can't carry the team every game. I just wish that when he doesn't score, others might chip in a little. You know, the Staffords/Gerbes/Folignos. And forget about Bernier, what if we could use Myers in a package for a stud center or Dustin Brown from LA?

Oh, I know, not riding Vanek, he can't carry the team every game. I just wish that when he doesn't score, others might chip in a little. You know, the Staffords/Gerbes/Folignos. And forget about Bernier, what if we could use Myers in a package for a stud center or Dustin Brown from LA?

Dustin Brown is a guy who could make an impact on any team but he would make a massive impact on a team like the Sabres . Given the Kings poor start, I wouldn't be the least suprised to see his name resurfacing again in trade rumours. Problem is, after his performances during last years playoffs, his stock has risen and he wouldn't come cheap

Foligno had one he should have buried. He has been disappointing so far. But I would not give up on the kid. We have to start another winning streak in Ottawa. That is the only way we can look at it. And then be ready for Boston. Myers will probably be back given Weber's nonsense of giving the game away

Foligno had one he should have buried. He has been disappointing so far. But I would not give up on the kid. We have to start another winning streak in Ottawa. That is the only way we can look at it. And then be ready for Boston. Myers will probably be back given Weber's nonsense of giving the game away

Sounds like a couple of good solid no nonsense defencemen would help a lot.

Sounds like a couple of good solid no nonsense defencemen would help a lot.

Like Regehr from Calgary was supposed to be? Erhoff is coming around again. Leopold is more offensive. From the Pittsburgh system. Myers can be that guy if and then some when he is on. I am not going to panic over a tough fought game against a rested Boston team we shallacked last week. Friday will be different. The Sabres are a good team. We do not have the luxury of playing Colombus, Calgary, Edmonton. What the hell are you doing up at this unGodly hour Ally? Ha. I have to run out. 735 am on the East Coast

Like Regehr from Calgary was supposed to be? Erhoff is coming around again. Leopold is more offensive. From the Pittsburgh system. Myers can be that guy if and then some when he is on. I am not going to panic over a tough fought game against a rested Boston team we shallacked last week. Friday will be different. The Sabres are a good team. We do not have the luxury of playing Colombus, Calgary, Edmonton. What the hell are you doing up at this unGodly hour Ally? Ha. I have to run out. 735 am on the East Coast

Wasn't suggesting that the Sabres need to panic but we've talked so much about their lack of 2nd line scoring that I'm beginning to think that tightening up the defence might actually be more of a priority. I'm thinking it might allow the 2nd and 3rd lines to be a little more aggressive in the offensive zone.

Ha, I'm usually up around 4am most days

Wasn't suggesting that the Sabres need to panic but we've talked so much about their lack of 2nd line scoring that I'm beginning to think that tightening up the defence might actually be more of a priority. I'm thinking it might allow the 2nd and 3rd lines to be a little more aggressive in the offensive zone.

Ha, I'm usually up around 4am most days

Your boys from Vancouver are heaven sent. Hodgeson I love. Sulzer is doing great and so too Erhoff as he is the one with the big juicy contract. His contract defies the new agreement. We wont be as tired next time we play those Boston goons. Marchant is the ugliest fucker alive.

With regards to foligno, I think and hope he will someday be the next sabre captain. Dude wants to win, badly. The kaleta fight was kind of funny, he didn't want to go, then was punched anyway after the refs didn't step in, so he let him have it. Best fight I've seen this year. And I enjoy how the team gets up for Boston,, they don't get run over anymore.

With regards to foligno, I think and hope he will someday be the next sabre captain. Dude wants to win, badly. The kaleta fight was kind of funny, he didn't want to go, then was punched anyway after the refs didn't step in, so he let him have it. Best fight I've seen this year. And I enjoy how the team gets up for Boston,, they don't get run over anymore.

They were rested and we still almost won. Weber can be a liability. Myers will be the better for his two day spanking. You can learn from watching. Time to light these pricks up tonight. GO SABRES

They were rested and we still almost won. Weber can be a liability. Myers will be the better for his two day spanking. You can learn from watching. Time to light these pricks up tonight. GO SABRES

all teams get rested at different times of the season are you serious?? They won,you have to take the winning and losing in stride no excuses c'mon Rick

I work 14 hours, come home and watch the last 3 min of the 3rd, before I can sit down, the Rangers give a point away in the standings...WTF....at least we left Boston with 2 points, a three game winning streak...Rangers might have found their skates.

Archived