The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

It's spelled Pominville. Normally, I wouldn't care, but he's the captain.

That was a very entertaining game, and I thought we played them well. Play like that the next five games, we should win all of them. Miller vs Fleury was an awesome battle to watch.

It's spelled Pominville. Normally, I wouldn't care, but he's the captain.

That was a very entertaining game, and I thought we played them well. Play like that the next five games, we should win all of them. Miller vs Fleury was an awesome battle to watch.

Its disgusting to lose a game you deserve a point at least in. Fucking pommenville is right. He blew it. But looking at the schedule, next three are Winnipeg, Toronto and Islanders. All winnable. Toronto is no joke any more. At least not lately. I am hoping Leino returns this week. He could be the shot in the arm we need. In with Leino and then out with either McCormick or Gerbe.

Its disgusting to lose a game you deserve a point at least in. Fucking pommenville is right. He blew it. But looking at the schedule, next three are Winnipeg, Toronto and Islanders. All winnable. Toronto is no joke any more. At least not lately. I am hoping Leino returns this week. He could be the shot in the arm we need. In with Leino and then out with either McCormick or Gerbe.

Thought it was a very good game and like you, thought the Sabres deserved to come away with at least a point . I also agree with Arcane29 in regards to the Sabres continuing to play like they did today. Tough loss to take but there were plenty of positives to take home too.

Thought it was a very good game and like you, thought the Sabres deserved to come away with at least a point . I also agree with Arcane29 in regards to the Sabres continuing to play like they did today. Tough loss to take but there were plenty of positives to take home too.

We must start to get wins. Winnipeg comes in and then we get the Leafs on the road and then Islanders at home. We need to run the table in those three games and we will be ok. I cant believe they sucked out on that lucky shot with less than 2 minutes. Pommenville who is usually reliable needs to be called into Lindys office. He fucked us. We need fucking Leino back yesterday. he is skating. Get that fucker out there and suit his ass up.

Every damn game today a one goal decision so far

Well I guess the Canucks let you down too. Good game but like Fridays game against the Stars, thought our goaltending was not up to it's usual best. Edler had another stinker too and I have to question Vigneault's decision to play him on the point during the 5 on 3 we enjoyed. He's not a great point man to beegin with so that question needs to be asked. Overall, thought St Louis just wanted it more than we did and if you go by the blocked shot stats, 23-11, they did what they had to do to get it done. One of those nights when you take the point and be glad you got it. Big road trip coming up with quite a few back to back games. Next up ... Chicago

Well I guess the Canucks let you down too. Good game but like Fridays game against the Stars, thought our goaltending was not up to it's usual best. Edler had another stinker too and I have to question Vigneault's decision to play him on the point during the 5 on 3 we enjoyed. He's not a great point man to beegin with so that question needs to be asked. Overall, thought St Louis just wanted it more than we did and if you go by the blocked shot stats, 23-11, they did what they had to do to get it done. One of those nights when you take the point and be glad you got it. Big road trip coming up with quite a few back to back games. Next up ... Chicago

I came out of it well. I took the game over 5 1/2. Knew better than to mess with either team. i had a feeling St Louis might win. i had the Calgary game over also. So my account is doing quite well. Tonight I took Philly over the Islanders. Philly will be a desperate team just like the Sabres when they play Winnipeg. My longshot play of the year is going to be tonight. You may think I am crazy. I am taking a light shot with Colombus to upset the Ducks. Why? I do not think the Ducks are 10-2 good. I think they have benefited from a good schedule. They have overachieved for sure and i have been along for the ride on many of those nights. But tonight I have a feeling Colombus is going to catch them napping.

Ryan Miller really went off on his teamates after this stupid loss and I do not blame him. Even Charlie Sheen watched the game and was pissed off.

I think any team in the league is worth taking a chance on once in a while. Disagree with you though about the Ducks. Their record may indeed flatter them but they are definitely among the top 5 in the west. Imho, there isn't much that seperates those 5 clubs so it really just comes down to ..any given night.

Saw Miller's interview and tbh, he really pissed me off. Thought he was correct in his assesment but I don't think he needed to tell the world. Ihmo, I thought the Sabres played very well yesterday and if their record was a little better, most would just be saying that it was just a good game between two pretty good teams and somebody had to lose. Certainly, nobody would be ringing the alarm bells over it. Yep, closing out a game is something that all teams need to do but just look at the Canucks on Fri. Sometimes it just doesn't get done and for Miller to come out publically and slag off his teams great effort, an effort that they should be able to build on, is just not on for me. Keeping in mind he's cost the Sabres games all by himself this year , I feel any comments about his teammates should have been said behind closed doors. I wonder if he'd appreciate any of his teammates going public about some of his questionable goaltending. Can you imagine the fall out if they did ! I say trade him and get a good goaltender and a top notch defenceman in return.

I think any team in the league is worth taking a chance on once in a while. Disagree with you though about the Ducks. Their record may indeed flatter them but they are definitely among the top 5 in the west. Imho, there isn't much that seperates those 5 clubs so it really just comes down to ..any given night.

Saw Miller's interview and tbh, he really pissed me off. Thought he was correct in his assesment but I don't think he needed to tell the world. Ihmo, I thought the Sabres played very well yesterday and if their record was a little better, most would just be saying that it was just a good game between two pretty good teams and somebody had to lose. Certainly, nobody would be ringing the alarm bells over it. Yep, closing out a game is something that all teams need to do but just look at the Canucks on Fri. Sometimes it just doesn't get done and for Miller to come out publically and slag off his teams great effort, an effort that they should be able to build on, is just not on for me. Keeping in mind he's cost the Sabres games all by himself this year , I feel any comments about his teammates should have been said behind closed doors. I wonder if he'd appreciate any of his teammates going public about some of his questionable goaltending. Can you imagine the fall out if they did ! I say trade him and get a good goaltender and a top notch defenceman in return.

He has been more than great Ally. And they have let him down. They have hung him out to dry. Pommenville needs the C ripped off his chest now. Put it on Vanek. You fuck up and you are accountable. You cannot run an organization any other way. I stand with Miller on this. Lindy probably has a few of them doing wind sprints. Miller has done his job very well. Others I cannot say the same about. There are teams that will do business in a minute. Get the dead wood out of here. There are only a few. Get Leino back on the ice. We have to get at least a point out of that game. Not acceptable for Pommer to cough up the fucking game.

The Untouchables!!!!

Thomas Vanek

Christian Erhoff

Tyler Myers

Steve Ott

Tyler Ennis

Last but not least Ryan Miller

Unless the Sabres are willing to part ways with Regier and Ruff, then something has to give. We're seeing the same issues and the same on ice mistakes we've seen with this talented team for 3 seasons now and this is not the first time Miller has gone public with his gripes. Just because he's considered the best, it doesn't necessarilly make him the best for this Sabre team. If I'm coach or GM and he directly challenges my ability to do the job, which he's just done with his latest rant, I get rid of the problem before the owners get rid of me. If owership has no faith in me, I resign. Like I said, somethings got to give

My untouchables are as follows:

Ehrhoff

Grigorenko

Foligno/Girgensons (have to keep one)

Let the fire sale commence.

Our captain's name is spelled P O M I N V I L L E.

How can you leave Thomas Vanek off the list? How? What has Vanek done ? Except to lead the fucking NHL in scoring?

The Russian kid is learning. Folingno has had a terrible start.

Vanek is part of a failed post-drury/briere core. I wouldn't seek to be rid of him, but if the return was equal or better I'd certainly take it.

You have to give up something to get something. That said, I also wouldn't be upset if vanek played his whole career here.

Vanek is part of a failed post-drury/briere core. I wouldn't seek to be rid of him, but if the return was equal or better I'd certainly take it.

You have to give up something to get something. That said, I also wouldn't be upset if vanek played his whole career here.

I would rip the C off Pommenville and put it on Vanek now. Do you think the response will be positive vs Winnipeg tomorrow? We beat Boston and we should have beaten Pittsburgh. So its not like we have not played well except for a couple of errors that we just lose with. Other teams seem to get away with it. . We make one mistake and its in the net. And its not on Miller. He has been spectacular. Next 3 are Winnipeg, Toronto and Islanders. Toronto being easily the toughest game of the three. We can and need to run the table and then we are right in it. Never should have lost that game to Pittsburgh. A point at least. I do believe we will beat Winnipeg tomorrow.

My upset special tonight is Colombus.

I would rip the C off Pommenville and put it on Vanek now. Do you think the response will be positive vs Winnipeg tomorrow? We beat Boston and we should have beaten Pittsburgh. So its not like we have not played well except for a couple of errors that we just lose with. Other teams seem to get away with it. . We make one mistake and its in the net. And its not on Miller. He has been spectacular.

I'm sure Miller would agree that he's been spectacular too but, he obviously doesn't agree that his teammates have been. Personally, I think the Sabres have played well of late..Miller too . All of which begs the question, why did he shoot his mouth off yesterday ? No way as a teammate or as a coach do I put up with that . No way !

I'm sure Miller would agree that he's been spectacular too but, he obviously doesn't agree that his teammates have been. Personally, I think the Sabres have played well of late..Miller too . All of which begs the question, why did he shoot his mouth off yesterday ? No way as a teammate or as a coach do I put up with that . No way !

The points they lost were huge. They fucking let him down. Pommenville should know better than to cough up a puck to them at a critical time. They had less than two minutes to get a point and they fucking hung Miler out to dry. They need a good kick in the ass. Might as well be Miller to give it to them. No damn excuse for the lazy play in the defensive zone. We had just beaten Boston and had Pittsburgh on the ropes. We needed that game. Now we have to dig our way out becuase of a couple of idiots.

Lets go lumbo. They are playing well. Down 1. Go Lumbo

The points they lost were huge. They fucking let him down. Pommenville should know better than to cough up a puck to them at a critical time. They had less than two minutes to get a point and they fucking hung Miler out to dry. They need a good kick in the ass. Might as well be Miller to give it to them. No damn excuse for the lazy play in the defensive zone. We had just beaten Boston and had Pittsburgh on the ropes. We needed that game. Now we have to dig our way out becuase of a couple of idiots.

He had every right to do it behind closed doors but he chose to do it on a public stage when all he had to say was " No Comment " . . As great as he may be, I have lost a ton of respect for Miller. Yeah, Pommer made a mistake and should have known better but it doesn't excuse Miller from calling his teammates out. Especially the team captain. Sorry Rick, but you don't see public calling out's very often in hockey yet I've seen Miller do it twice in 2 yrs. Something is definitely not right and if it's filtering through the team, which I suspect it is, there's only one call to make.

He had every right to do it behind closed doors but he chose to do it on a public stage when all he had to say was " No Comment " . . As great as he may be, I have lost a ton of respect for Miller. Yeah, Pommer made a mistake and should have known better but it doesn't excuse Miller from calling his teammates out. Especially the team captain. Sorry Rick, but you don't see public calling out's very often in hockey yet I've seen Miller do it twice in 2 yrs. Something is definitely not right and if it's filtering through the team, which I suspect it is, there's only one call to make.

Well regardless of how they feel about Miller, they have to go out there and play tonight. And I expect them to answer. They respect Miller and still will in the heat of the battle that did not turn out the way it should have. I am hoping Leino is ready this week. He can give us the spark, the extra guy. Colombus outplayed the Ducks but fell just short. Phoenix got me my money at least

Archived