The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Well regardless of how they feel about Miller, they have to go out there and play tonight. And I expect them to answer. They respect Miller and still will in the heat of the battle that did not turn out the way it should have. I am hoping Leino is ready this week. He can give us the spark, the extra guy. Colombus outplayed the Ducks but fell just short. Phoenix got me my money at least

They do and I hope they can get it done. Time for the Sabres to start getting a few bounces as well. As for my Canucks, we'll see what they're really made of against the Hawks. Something tells me that we're in for an ass wuppin'. Think we need to make a trade or two ourselves. IMO, Burrows and Edler can be the first two to leave .

They do and I hope they can get it done. Time for the Sabres to start getting a few bounces as well. As for my Canucks, we'll see what they're really made of against the Hawks. Something tells me that we're in for an ass wuppin'. Think we need to make a trade or two ourselves. IMO, Burrows and Edler can be the first two to leave .

I say a shootout. My money is down on the game over 5 1/2. I like the Canucks. The law of averages says that Chicago is due for a reg loss. Why not against the Canucks? I like the Canucks in this one

I say a shootout. My money is down on the game over 5 1/2. I like the Canucks. The law of averages says that Chicago is due for a reg loss. Why not against the Canucks? I like the Canucks in this one

Hawks win in regulation

You guys will never win it all with Luongo in goal! 2011 was a fluke - lol

Hawks win in regulation

You guys will never win it all with Luongo in goal! 2011 was a fluke - lol

Dem's fightin' words Amstel :lol: . Not sure Luongo was ever the reason we lost to your Hawks in 09 and 10 but if people want to think that, there's not much anyone can do about it. Personally, I just thought the Hawks were a better team than us those two seasons. Not 2011 though. We let you off the hook and it became a series. You guy's losing Butuglyone that season made it much easier for us. He had been a Canuck killer up till then

Yes, the Hawks are due for a regulation loss but I don't think it'll come against the Canucks. I don't think we're playing good enough to beat them and if I'm being honest, I think our record this season is a bit flattering. Mind you, stranger things have happened so maybe your bet is a good call.

Cory was great but the team was brutal. There's no way we deserved to come out of Chicago with a point. Time Gillis made a trade and shoared up that defence of ours

Cory was great but the team was brutal. There's no way we deserved to come out of Chicago with a point. Time Gillis made a trade and shoared up that defence of ours

Id rather be in your shoes at the moment. Miller was much more reserved last night. Their was no outright finger pointing and everything he sais was right. Roby is right when he said this team is better than this. They cant catch a break lately. Maybe the road is a better place to be.

Id rather be in your shoes at the moment. Miller was much more reserved last night. Their was no outright finger pointing and everything he sais was right. Roby is right when he said this team is better than this. They cant catch a break lately. Maybe the road is a better place to be.

No, they aren't catching any breaks at all. I wouldn't have blamed Miller for being upset on either goal last night. The first one especially but enough said about that. As for the Canucks, giving up three clear cut break aways in the first period alone kind of sums up our performance. Cory was great but thought he made a mistake on Hossa's second goal by not cutting him off as he entered the crease but outside of that, he's the only reason we were even in the game. Anyone heard about Hossa ? The play he was hurt on looked innocent enough. Hansen may have caught him as they both tried to grab the floating puck but there didn't seem to be anything malicous about it.

Lindy Ruff, thank you so much for the memories you have given us sabres fans, and for the effort you have given every day of your playing and coaching career. You will always be a face of the sabres franchise, and I wish you luck with all of your future endeavors.

"Go out there and run 'em."

I'm honestly crying right now.

It's a new era, bring it on.

Lindy Ruff, thank you so much for the memories you have given us sabres fans, and for the effort you have given every day of your playing and coaching career. You will always be a face of the sabres franchise, and I wish you luck with all of your future endeavors.

"Go out there and run 'em."

I'm honestly crying right now.

It's a new era, bring it on.

I am in total shock. I love Lindy Ruff. I do not like this at all. How can Regier look himself in the fucking mirror after this?

I am in total shock. I love Lindy Ruff. I do not like this at all. How can Regier look himself in the fucking mirror after this?

Ruff won't be out of work for long. Sad to say, I had a feeling something like this was going to happen but I agree, Regier needs to take a hard look at himself in the mirror .

This was a Pegula decision. I suspect darcy has until the end of the year. If we miss the playoffs, he'll go too. They need a cleaning, top to bottom. It was time, the players weren't playing for him. They'll hire Patrick or rolston from Rochester for the rest of the season, and begin the coach search, and hire someone (hopefully no ties to the franchise) when they feel they have the right man.

This was a Pegula decision. I suspect darcy has until the end of the year. If we miss the playoffs, he'll go too. They need a cleaning, top to bottom. It was time, the players weren't playing for him. They'll hire Patrick or rolston from Rochester for the rest of the season, and begin the coach search, and hire someone (hopefully no ties to the franchise) when they feel they have the right man.

Well, as sad as I am to see Lindy go, I have to say that I agree that it sure looked as though the players had stopped playing for him. My guess, playoffs or not, Regier will be gone at seasons end . Hopefully, Pegula can put a solid GM and management team in place to access it all before the draft. Sabres fans deserve better than they've been getting

Janik Hansen get's a 1 gm suspension for "reckless use of his arm" on hit to Marion Hossa. Fair enough decision I think.. given the rules. Mind you , my mother hit me harder than that when I was a kid. That said, if against all possible odds Hossa ..somehow.. manages to find his way into the line up for the next Hawks game , I'm going to have something else to say about it all .

I just gave it to that numb skull on our talk show here. Lindy taking us to the 99 finals with an overachieving team with little talent outside of Peca and Hasek was not his greatest moment. He led us to the Presidents Trophy. We went to 3 Eastern Conference finals and in 06 we would have won the Cup if not for losing 4 defensemen to injury, and even if we had Tallinder we would have won. Lindy is a hell of a coach and even better of a man. He is a great man. I love him and always will. Its a sad day. Regier is in a car now on the way to Toronto with Rolston, the ex Americans coach who got out of dodge just before the Texas Stars showed up tonight. I was thinking Ron Wilson could get a call? But Rolston has the job for the rest of this short season and then they will evaluate him AND Regier. Regier was smart enough to keep Vanek and not let Edmonton rob him. And he make some good trades. This team is far better than their record. If Pommenville did not blow the Penguins game Sunday I believe Lindy would still be the coach. Thanks alot Pommer. If Lindy gets an offer I hope he takes it and I wish him the very best. Arcane, you are right about one thing, no way would Regier have done this without it coming from above him. I believe Pegula and Black both made this decision. Regier denied it when the mic was put in his face. But he had to. Pegula pays his salary. It is going to be very strange to look at that Buffalo bench tomorrow night and not see Lindy there. I feel like I lost a member of my family

There could be a number of high profile coaches out of a job this summer. One of that group will be losing his to Lindy

I cried a little today.

Right move. Today, we remember, and enjoy the memories. Tomorrow, we March onwards, and we don't stop until the cup is being held in the air by a sabres captain.

But those that should have held it were Gilbert Perrault, Rick Marin, Rene Robert, but maybe Thomas Vanek will get his shot. He and Miller both are very deserving and in that class. If the kid from Rochester does not work out, and I am not going to just write him off, I would consider Ron Wilson.

I hope philly keeps tanking, and we get a shot at lavvy.

Funny how names start popping up out of nowhere but one name that's already gaining some ground is Patrick Roy. Sacrebleu !

Funny how names start popping up out of nowhere but one name that's already gaining some ground is Patrick Roy. Sacrebleu !

I get what you mean, he was listed as the 3rd most likely coach on some list online.

However, the laviolette pipedream is really just mine, I haven't seen anything about him in the media...and Rick, why not? His timeouts are legendary, his teams always work hard, he knocked two of our teams out of the playoffs.

I get what you mean, he was listed as the 3rd most likely coach on some list online.

However, the laviolette pipedream is really just mine, I haven't seen anything about him in the media...and Rick, why not? His timeouts are legendary, his teams always work hard, he knocked two of our teams out of the playoffs.

As we know, everything is going to depend on whether or not Regier is still the GM at seasons end. I'm leaning towards him being gone and a whole new management team taking over.I think that's more sensible too. Who becomes your new GM will probably already have a good idea that it's his for the taking and he'll have accessed everything before his announcement is made. Tbh, unless Kenny Holland decides to call it a day, I'm leaning towards Detroit's assistant GM Jim Nill being that guy. He's long overdue and I'm sure he'd covet the Buffalo job in a heartbeat

No matter what happens, Miller has been splendid. Porter and Hecht both suck. They have them a 5 on 3 for a long time. Miller just robbed them blind. We need a goal. We scored the equalizer, or what should have been our second goal and these fucking bastard refs fucked us. They just scored. Two man advantage is almost impossible to stop. Another fuck job by the refs after we played a very good game.

Archived