Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
wanna be drummer

The NHL Thread

Miller played lights out. The refs took the wind out of our sails with that shit call taking the goal away from us. Nice dive by Scrotum or whatever his name is. The Sabres played a good game. Hecht and Porter were the two exceptions. Give Porter a one way bus ticket to Rochester. McCormick is now gone. Maybe its time for Hecht to join him. Does Darcy really think he is going to get anyting for Hecht? He is doing us more harm than good. Nice goal by Ennis. Thomas Vanek felt bad he deflected Erhoff's blast as it was going right on. Good effort. No breaks. And the refs were all born in Toronto

Miller played lights out. The refs took the wind out of our sails with that shit call taking the goal away from us. Nice dive by Scrotum or whatever his name is. The Sabres played a good game. Hecht and Porter were the two exceptions. Give Porter a one way bus ticket to Rochester. McCormick is now gone. Maybe its time for Hecht to join him. Does Darcy really think he is going to get anyting for Hecht? He is doing us more harm than good. Nice goal by Ennis. Thomas Vanek felt bad he deflected Erhoff's blast as it was going right on. Good effort. No breaks. And the refs were all born in Toronto

In some way's, it's almost a bit of a god send that this is a shortend season for Sabres fans. When you look back to last season, it was pretty clear that something wasn't quite right and there were areas of the team that needed addressing but with the free agent pool being rather thin this past post season, it was always going to be difficult to make any kind of sensible deals. However, this post seaon will be quite different . The free agent pool will be better as well, this years draft is being touted as one of the best in recent memory.It should give the Sabres plenty of wiggle room to address their needs to which I say, aren't that many and certainly not as costly as some may think.

Edited by ally

I watched the Sabres/Leafs game last night. The Sabres players don't look like they are all on the same page. In the past they always played a team game win or lose.

I wonder if there will be player changes in the next two weeks in abre land?

Last night they should have come out and kicked the Leafs arse and win for the new coach.

I watched the Sabres/Leafs game last night. The Sabres players don't look like they are all on the same page. In the past they always played a team game win or lose.

Last night they should have come out and kicked the Leafs arse and win for the new coach.

There could be player changes and if there are, I'm guessing they'll be changes to the 3rd and 4th line. Maybe an additional 3rd or 4th defenceman. Rick and Arcane may know more but I can't see them making any major changes until there's a new GM in place. Those are just my thoughts though. No insider info

I see that Marion Hossa skated yesterday and is likely to play in the Hawks next game. I'm not going to debate the worthiness of Janik Hansen's one game suspension ( I get it ) and I'm not even going to debate the idea that Hossa was faking the severity of his injury because quite frankly, unlike many of the experts, I don't think he was. I am however going to debate the worthiness of the Blackhawk doctor's who have cleared him to play. What happened with Hossa the other night showed me that he is no where near recovered enough to be playing and anyone who has suffered from post concusion syndrome will probably attest to my reasoning. I don't doubt for a moment that at the time contact was made, he would have felt a stinger going through his neck and arms and believe me, that's painful. I also think that just the contact to the head, innocent as it was, was enough to show me that he's still a little shell shocked. My question for the Blackhawk doctors is..wtf is going to happen to him when he takes a real hard check ? Fair or dirty ? This has Sidney Crosby written all over it and the sooner the Hawks realize that he needs more rest, the better

They actually played a good game until they got fucked on that goalie interference call. We scored on the play and it was a good goal. It was a nice diving act by Scrivner. See the replay. Its bullshit officiating. Miller was great. Then the Leafs get a 5 on 3 for an extended time. Of course they are going to score on a 5 on 3. They fucked us right from that play when it was 1-1. We got robbed blind by their goalie in the first period when it could ave easily been a 4-4 game. Miller was great on those saves too. We just cant get a break and then we have the zebras against us too. No fucking way was that goalie interference.

There could be player changes and if there are, I'm guessing they'll be changes to the 3rd and 4th line. Maybe an additional 3rd or 4th defenceman. Rick and Arcane may know more but I can't see them making any major changes until there's a new GM in place. Those are just my thoughts though. No insider info

there is only speculation in sabre land as well. I think there might be a move for darcy to try and save his skin. Otherwise, probably not.

there is only speculation in sabre land as well. I think there might be a move for darcy to try and save his skin. Otherwise, probably not.

First of all, it was very classy of Lindy to praise the ownership in Buffalo. He was gracious in his departure and I am sure will be watching and hoping the Sabres find success. He is a Sabre until death like me. For now Regier is safer than a new born baby with a teething ring in his mouth. That will not last forever if things dont start to improve. I believe we will end this futility but to what degree and extent I dont know. I am expecting a win over the Islanders tomorrow. Nothing is a given though, just ask Montreal who lost to them yesterday. Maybe the Islander team that got thumped by Philly will show up? The Islanders right now are next in line to fire their coach according to reports. I will see what Stan Fishler has to say tomorrow. He is the voice of the NY media in hockey. Islanders, Devils and Rangers and I have always respected Stan. He has an admiration for Lindy and Darcy that goes way back. Do not forget Darcy came from the Islanders org.

Ill be watching to see if this guy from Rochester has any bite to his bark. I have not seen a bark yet. He is walking into a strange land, surrounded by people that were very close to Lindy. I am not crazy about the move, I wanted Ron Wilson. I still want Ron Wilson.

Yes the Hawks are darn good. If they have a weakness that could be exploited its most likely their goaltending. If you can get good goaltending against them and get shots, you could beat them. I do not know if they are going to have a cake walk to the finals? I think Vancouver will have something to say about it. And St Louis. Its too bad Kane is there instead of playing where he belongs, in a Sabres uniform, being he is a Buffalo native and grew up a Sabres fan. I am hoping one day he can be lured into coming to Buffao. I always thought Teows was their best weapon, but Sharp and Hossa give them some balance. They are on a roll, but we know nothing lasts forever in this league. My team has been there. Presidents trophy and it never guarantees a succesfull outcome at the end. But Chicago is certainly on the short list.

Yes the Hawks are darn good. If they have a weakness that could be exploited its most likely their goaltending. If you can get good goaltending against them and get shots, you could beat them. I do not know if they are going to have a cake walk to the finals? I think Vancouver will have something to say about it. And St Louis. Its too bad Kane is there instead of playing where he belongs, in a Sabres uniform, being he is a Buffalo native and grew up a Sabres fan. I am hoping one day he can be lured into coming to Buffao. I always thought Teows was their best weapon, but Sharp and Hossa give them some balance. They are on a roll, but we know nothing lasts forever in this league. My team has been there. Presidents trophy and it never guarantees a succesfull outcome at the end. But Chicago is certainly on the short list.

Even though the Hawks are our greatest rivals, I really like the look of their team and have to say that they have an edge about their play that is sorely missing with the Canucks . I still think we can compete with them as can a few other teams in the west but they've reloaded very nicely. When you think of how many player's they lost from their cup winning team..Byfuglien, Versteeg, Ladd, Anemi to name 4. You gotta say that Bowman Jr has done one hell of a job getting them back near the top again

The goaltending has been stellar thus far. Sharp/Hossa balance? Many will say Toews is the best player, but Hossa isn't far behind. Hossa is more than "balance". And Kane is finally living up to the hype. Actually, Kane is back playing his natural position instead of center.

The Blackhawks need to get better on powerplays, and maybe trade for another player that can win faceoffs.

An area they need help would be the physicality category. They are last in the NHL in hits. Could pose a problem in a dragged out, physical series.

Edited by Amstel

The goaltending has been stellar thus far. Sharp/Hossa balance? Many will say Toews is the best player, but Hossa isn't far behind. Hossa is more than "balance". And Kane is finally living up to the hype. Actually, Kane is back playing his natural position instead of center.

The Blackhawks need to get better on powerplays, and maybe trade for another player that can win faceoffs.

An area they need help would be the physicality category. They are last in the NHL in hits. Could pose a problem in a dragged out, physical series.

I happen to like Crawford and think he'll only get better. The suprise is the resurgent Ray Emery !!! Guess he's finally gotten his shit together cause he's playing like he did when be backstopped the Sens to the finals.

Dallas Stars Jamie Ben put up a Gordie Howe Hat trick. Goal assist and takes on Joe Thornton no short order.

Flyers Wayne Simmons put a similar performance with his 2nd Gordie Hwe hat trick.

The Great 8 had is 11th career hat trick versus one of the stingiest goalie of his Career .

Yesterday was a great day to watch Hockey. What did we do during lock out?

^^^ yes it was BD!....I've got Ovie in my pool and have been waiting patiently. Hopefully this is a sign of more goals to come. The league needs him to be great..........crappy that my Leafs won but some great hockey being played around the league for sure.

The Bruins took care of the Panthers today at the BB&T Center in Sunrise Florida. as i drove 6 hours round trip to catch the game

Dallas Stars Jamie Ben put up a Gordie Howe Hat trick. Goal assist and takes on Joe Thornton no short order.

Flyers Wayne Simmons put a similar performance with his 2nd Gordie Hwe hat trick.

The Great 8 had is 11th career hat trick versus one of the stingiest goalie of his Career .

Yesterday was a great day to watch Hockey. What did we do during lock out?

That Ben vs Thorton fight was great:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PuZy1PQIgrA

When it rains it fuckin pours doesn't it Ally? I did not see the Canucks game but i did see the scoreboard change faster than I could blink from 5-3 to 8-3 to the rebuilding wings. Fun isnt it? Like us putting 35 shots on the Islanders goalie who could not stop a beach ball vs Philly and then plays like Jacque Plante vs us. He admitted after the game he did not see many of those pucks. When things are going bad they are reallly going bad. Send that twizzle fuck brain guy we hired to replace Lindy to Florida. maybe the hot sun will bake hiim into someone that can change this mess? My idea? FIRE HIS ASS, AND DARCYS ASS AND BEG LINDY ON YOUR HANDS AND KNEES TO COME BACK.

When it rains it fuckin pours doesn't it Ally? I did not see the Canucks game but i did see the scoreboard change faster than I could blink from 5-3 to 8-3 to the rebuilding wings. Fun isnt it? Like us putting 35 shots on the Islanders goalie who could not stop a beach ball vs Philly and then plays like Jacque Plante vs us. He admitted after the game he did not see many of those pucks. When things are going bad they are reallly going bad. Send that twizzle fuck brain guy we hired to replace Lindy to Florida. maybe the hot sun will bake hiim into someone that can change this mess? My idea? FIRE HIS ASS, AND DARCYS ASS AND BEG LINDY ON YOUR HANDS AND KNEES TO COME BACK.

The Canucks looked tired but that doesn't excuse our terrible play in our own zone. Can't think of a defenceman who played well today.

Have to admit that Rolston looks a little out of his depth but he's only there short term

The Wings are not rebuilding. The Blue jackets are rebuilding. The Canadiens were rebuilding last year. The Red Wings are not rebuilding.

And Rick, you are the only Sabres fan I've met who didn't think Lindy's message turned stale years ago. Time to move on. 15 years is too long without a cup. That's the bottom line.

The Wings are not rebuilding. The Blue jackets are rebuilding. The Canadiens were rebuilding last year. The Red Wings are not rebuilding.

And Rick, you are the only Sabres fan I've met who didn't think Lindy's message turned stale years ago. Time to move on. 15 years is too long without a cup. That's the bottom line.

That is debatable and I will take you on on that. Detroit is in transition and they are not a true contender at the moment in my book. You cannot judge the Lindy Ruff situation like just another coaching job. His was a rare one. Ruff is and was a damn good coach and motivator and he truly cared about the team and always will. This is as low as low gets for us. This brings me back to the early days but this team is way too talented to be where they are. Now we are running into bad luck. Pure and simple. We had 35 shots on net and the Islanders goalie admitted he did not see many of them he stopped. He was lucky. I do not like this coaching move at all. Why would you leave Adams behind the bench? James Patrick yes. This guy from Rochester looks like a deer in the headlights. Like "how the hell did I get here and wind up in this mess". " And how am I supposed to fix it"? Do you think he is going to have more respect than Lindy in that room? Or put any fear into these guys like Lindy did? No way. If you are going to do this, go get a guy like Ron Wilson. Hell, ask Don Cherry if he wants to take the job and lets make it a real circus. Rolston? Who the fuck is Rolston? He said all the right things after that debacle against the Islanders. i was so damn sure they would win I told a friend to bet the fucking rent on them. Well, he didnt bet the rent but he bet $200 and is not talking to me at the moment. LOL