The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I do not know where we would be without Miller. This fucking kid Porter is up for God knows what reason? Rolston, the interum coach must be in love with him. He was the captain in Rochester. He blew a great chance on a turnover. Can we steal one without Vanek?

^^^ Sabres have to get Zone time on the PP. And now I see why you loathe Erhoff. He was lazy on the point. Reminds me of the Caps blue liners.

But he has a great shot. Has 5 goals. And can QB. Come on you big Ruskie. Show me something (Gregorenko)

You must have Center Ice like me? Flippin?

Watchin Winnipeg is like watching paint dry

Caps are blacked out on NHL channel I have been getting some great games between NHL Channel and NBC sports plus Comcast carries Flyers and Bruins when caps are off.

I can get the game on Hockey night in Canada (your Caps game). I have the Sabres on Center Ice or MSG in HD. I can get any game being played.

Caps are blacked out on NHL channel I have been getting some great games between NHL Channel and NBC sports plus Comcast carries Flyers and Bruins when caps are off.

Great set up goal by Hodgeson to Pommenville and then they tie it on a bullshit lucky goal off the guys chest. Miller has been lights out. The goal is not on him

They are giving New Jersey one PP after another. We did nothing and they call a penalty on us.

Whew! Woke up just in time to catch the Kings-Canucks game. Hey Ally! May the best team win!

Agreed ! We're up 1-0 at the end of the 1st but I expect this game to go right down to the wire.

Hoky smokes! Things certainly livened up in the second period. Quick is not having a good night. #32 needs to step up his game. A lot of PPs in this game so far. Vancouver is up 4-2, which is not out of reach for the Kings, but if the Nucks score again to make it 5-2, that'll be lights out, I think.

Good to see ya Ally...I was thinking you might be at the game.

Kings lose. Empty-netter at the end makes it 5-2. Vancouver was certainly the better team tonight and Schneider was definitely better in the crease than Quick. Nice win, Ally.

Thanks Strider ! It was a good win for the Canucks but I have to agree, the difference was Quick not having his usual strong game between the pipes. That said, I wouldn't worry too much about him. All goaltenders have their off nights. From a Canucks point of view, the only thing I'm taking from this game is exactly what I suspected, we really didn't miss Ryan Kesler .I honestly think Gillis should forget about trading Luongo ( this year at least ) and trade Kesler instead.

Thanks Strider ! It was a good win for the Canucks but I have to agree, the difference was Quick not having his usual strong game between the pipes. That said, I wouldn't worry too much about him. All goaltenders have their off nights. From a Canucks point of view, the only thing I'm taking from this game is exactly what I suspected, we really didn't miss Ryan Kesler .I honestly think Gillis should forget about trading Luongo ( this year at least ) and trade Kesler instead.

Are you kidding? Ill take Kesler. In a second. And Vancouver would regret it later. He is the type of guy they need to beat a team that is physical, like the Flyers but of oourse you could only see them in the finals and I am sure hoping that does not happen. Philly I mean. There are more physical teams in the East for sure. Boston and Philly and the Rangers are all plenty physical and we had to add toughness to deal with it. When you add toughness you lose a bit of skill. Its a tough balancing act. We are at the Rangers tonight and its the only game not up in Vegas. That is because Miller will be rested one game and I would wait for Carolina on /Tues. But its up to him I have heard. So if he sits tonight, Yikes.

Are you kidding? Ill take Kesler. In a second. And Vancouver would regret it later. He is the type of guy they need to beat a team that is physical, like the Flyers but of oourse you could only see them in the finals and I am sure hoping that does not happen. Philly I mean. There are more physical teams in the East for sure. Boston and Philly and the Rangers are all plenty physical and we had to add toughness to deal with it. When you add toughness you lose a bit of skill. Its a tough balancing act. We are at the Rangers tonight and its the only game not up in Vegas. That is because Miller will be rested one game and I would wait for Carolina on /Tues. But its up to him I have heard. So if he sits tonight, Yikes.

Nope, not kidding at all about Kesler. The Canucks need help at the centre position and imho, Kesler appears to be more interested in maintaining his pretty boy image than actually getting his hands dirty for the team. He's definitely a very good player but he hasn't been doing it for us the last couple of seasons and given the cap space he takes up, I don't see him being value for money. With this being a shortened season, I think we need both of our goaltenders so unless another club offers us something that only a fool would turn down, trading one of them makes absolutely no sense to me. The Canucks would get a nice return for Kesler and one that I feel would benefit the club .

Nope, not kidding at all about Kesler. The Canucks need help at the centre position and imho, Kesler appears to be more interested in maintaining his pretty boy image than actually getting his hands dirty for the team. He's definitely a very good player but he hasn't been doing it for us the last couple of seasons and given the cap space he takes up, I don't see him being value for money. With this being a shortened season, I think we need both of our goaltenders so unless another club offers us something that only a fool would turn down, trading one of them makes absolutely no sense to me. The Canucks would get a nice return for Kesler and one that I feel would benefit the club .

OK, I am Regier and you are Gillis, Ill give you a number one for Kesler and Ill throw in either Stafford, Regehr, Scott(goon and goon purposes only), Kaleta, or Hecht, or maybe Leino. Leino will be returning this week or next. The only guys I wont trade are Vanek, Miller. Pommenville I would be very hesistant. Same with Ennis. Gerbe is playing great lately. He can skate. Only down side is his size but he plays like a tiger.

OK, I am Regier and you are Gillis, Ill give you a number one for Kesler and Ill throw in either Stafford, Regehr, Scott(goon and goon purposes only), Kaleta, or Hecht, or maybe Leino. Leino will be returning this week or next. The only guys I wont trade are Vanek, Miller. Pommenville I would be very hesistant. Same with Ennis. Gerbe is playing great lately. He can skate. Only down side is his size but he plays like a tiger.

If this was the off season, I might consider that trade but since it's not, I'd need to get something back that would definitely help us immediately. If I can do that without trading Kesler or Luongo, that would be perfect but, I honestly don't think that will happen and right now, I feel having both Schneider and Luongo is more important to this season than having Kesler

Archived