The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Well Ill cheer for Boston in that one. We can catch Montreal in due tiime if we keep winning. If we can win this period we can steal a game nobody thought we would win. Especially without Thomas Vanek. We should have Vanek back Tues and if Leino is back soon we can have some punch. Maybe a good trade looms? Why not go for Igninla. They are not going anywhere. Iginla could help the Sabres climb the ladder. Or Burrows. Or Raymond.

Watching the Rangers for the first time. Torts does not seem to have a handle on this team. Kind of like Lindy towards the end. The Rangers may run short on patience with this talent. I know they lost that kid to Colombus and that was bigger than people realized. Still, you have four blue chip players in Nash, Richards, Callahan and Gaborik and you have the second best goalie in the NHL. Yes, Miller is the best. And I will challenge anyone on that.

Put that on hold the fucking Bruins have to find themselves

Carolina is a piece of shit lucky team. They will win the South and probably not have as good a record in the end as some teams that go home. Becaue they are in that dick division. . We have to catch someone like the Flyers but I still think Toronto and Ottawa are in reach with the injuries especially in Ottawa. The Rangers are no lock. and neither are the Devils

WTF

My words exactly. But what are you whining about? You are going to get in. We have to scratch and claw now to climb the hill. We have started. But when Vanek returns and Leino it will be easier. Vanek will play Tues. Leino is skating and says he is close. I wonder what this new coach has up his sleeve? He had best put Porter on a bus ride back to Rochester to get him used to the AHL.

Canucks

:wakeup:

Now now Ally. Its not that bad. You are in the mix. That is something some teams would give anything for.

Comparisons are being made between the Hawks and Heats winning streaks? I do not know if you can farely gauge it because the rules are different. Stephen A Smith of ESPN clearly is more impressed with the Heat but I think he is wrong. Chicago's unbeaten streak is more impressive to me so far. The Heat did beat the Knicks in a big comeback. .The Clippers who were not at their best yet. But the win over OKC Ill give them. The Chicago Black Hawks? I do not think they would have this streak if they had to play Eastern teams as well. But they do and lets tip our hats to them. It ends soon IMO

Can they get to Philly's 35 game unbeaten streak? It is more difficult becuase of the shootout. So their streak would be more impressive even if they fall well short. There were ties in Philly's streak. I do not know how many. I remember the streak well. I believe it was close to the year the Islanders pulled off a comeback from a 3-0 deficit to the Flyers only to lose game 7

Though I will not condone Kaleta's hit to Richards, I find Richards, as Claude Julien has found Montreal, guilty of embelshment. Richards was not pushed that hard. Then he carried on like a shcoolboy but was able to play on the power play was he not? If he were truly hurt the way he acted, and acted is the word, he would have needed to be helped off the ice. It cost us the game, and it will cost Kaleta alot more. i am certain he wont be missed that much but he will be fined heavily and knowing Shanahan's "love" for my team, I predict he will get a 5 game suspension. Yesterday he gave out a 4 gamer I believe? he is a prick that fucking Shanahan. Kaleta should have gotten his moneys worth,.

Now now Ally. Its not that bad. You are in the mix. That is something some teams would give anything for.

Comparisons are being made between the Hawks and Heats winning streaks? I do not know if you can farely gauge it because the rules are different. Stephen A Smith of ESPN clearly is more impressed with the Heat but I think he is wrong. Chicago's unbeaten streak is more impressive to me so far. The Heat did beat the Knicks in a big comeback. .The Clippers who were not at their best yet. But the win over OKC Ill give them. The Chicago Black Hawks? I do not think they would have this streak if they had to play Eastern teams as well. But they do and lets tip our hats to them. It ends soon IMO

Can they get to Philly's 35 game unbeaten streak? It is more difficult becuase of the shootout. So their streak would be more impressive even if they fall well short. There were ties in Philly's streak. I do not know how many. I remember the streak well. I believe it was close to the year the Islanders pulled off a comeback from a 3-0 deficit to the Flyers only to lose game 7

If the canucks keep playing the way they played last night , which outside of the Kings game, was typical of how we have been playing of late. The only way we'll make the playoffs is by winning our weak division.

The Philly streak was impressive but, that season ended with them losing in 6 games to the Islanders in the 1980 finals. The first cup of 4 straight for the Islanders. As for the Hawks.. It's a very impressive streak too but I have to agree that not playing any of the eastern teams , makes it a little less so. I honestly think that league records can only be judged fairly when the schedule includes teams from both conferences.

If the canucks keep playing the way they played last night , which outside of the Kings game, was typical of how we have been playing of late. The only way we'll make the playoffs is by winning our weak division.

The Philly streak was impressive but, that season ended with them losing in 6 games to the Islanders in the 1980 finals. The first cup of 4 straight for the Islanders. As for the Hawks.. It's a very impressive streak too but I have to agree that not playing any of the eastern teams , makes it a little less so. I honestly think that league records can only be judged fairly when the schedule includes teams from both conferences.

OK Ally. I say Kaleta gets 5 games and a ton of money. What do you think? And dont you think Richards embelished it? I mean, come on. It was a push. Not a body check.

OK Ally. I say Kaleta gets 5 games and a ton of money. What do you think? And dont you think Richards embelished it? I mean, come on. It was a push. Not a body check.

I haven't seen the hit so until I do, I can't really say if Richards embelished or not. However, Katela will be considered a repeat offender so I'm guessing that 5 games and a hefty fine is the least he'll get.

Updated...I just saw the hit. Dumb play by Katela and a hit from behind into the boards so a suspension would be on the cards regardless of him being a repeat offender. However, if you look at the replay, you can see Katela catches Richards around the waist which to me at least say's , there was very little intent to injure. If he'd caught him higher, I'd be thinking differently

Archived