The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I haven't seen the hit so until I do, I can't really say if Richards embelished or not. However, Katela will be considered a repeat offender so I'm guessing that 5 games and a hefty fine is the least he'll get.

Updated...I just saw the hit. Dumb play by Katela and a hit from behind into the boards so a suspension would be on the cards regardless of him being a repeat offender. However, if you look at the replay, you can see Katela catches Richards around the waist which to me at least say's , there was very little intent to injure. If he'd caught him higher, I'd be thinking differently

The only saving grace is Lindy is now gone. But Kaleta is a marked man in Toronto where they make the decisions. Shanahan will be out to stick it to him. See you in a couple weeks Patrick. Maybe. Rolston may be pissed at him too. We had the game under control. 1-0 and the Rangers were dead and buried. So Kaleta gives them a 5 on 3 and the puck is behind Miller faster than you could blink. It was not one of Millers best games vs the Rangers but he still made some big saves early. The shootout was very unlike Miller who I consider the best shootout goalie in the business. He usually wins those battles but looked a bit tired. Well, we get a point and must now keep on moving,. We got 7 out of 8 pts in the last 4 and that is how it must continue. If so, we can catch the Leafs. And more. Your Canucks could go to sleep and win that division, the only real threat is the resurent Minnesota Wild who are on the rise. They have good goaltending and now have Parise. I disagree with one expert on ESPN that said one of his surprise picks was for the Wild to not get in. I believe they will get in. I believe Detroit will not. The certain ones in the West are Chicago, Vancouver, San Jose. I cant put St Louis on that list any longer with the injuries they have suffered and there recent problems I never saw coming. Its too bad, and I do hope the Blues make it.

The only saving grace is Lindy is now gone. But Kaleta is a marked man in Toronto where they make the decisions. Shanahan will be out to stick it to him. See you in a couple weeks Patrick. Maybe. Rolston may be pissed at him too. We had the game under control. 1-0 and the Rangers were dead and buried. So Kaleta gives them a 5 on 3 and the puck is behind Miller faster than you could blink. It was not one of Millers best games vs the Rangers but he still made some big saves early. The shootout was very unlike Miller who I consider the best shootout goalie in the business. He usually wins those battles but looked a bit tired. Well, we get a point and must now keep on moving,. We got 7 out of 8 pts in the last 4 and that is how it must continue. If so, we can catch the Leafs. And more. Your Canucks could go to sleep and win that division, the only real threat is the resurent Minnesota Wild who are on the rise. They have good goaltending and now have Parise. I disagree with one expert on ESPN that said one of his surprise picks was for the Wild to not get in. I believe they will get in. I believe Detroit will not. The certain ones in the West are Chicago, Vancouver, San Jose. I cant put St Louis on that list any longer with the injuries they have suffered and there recent problems I never saw coming. Its too bad, and I do hope the Blues make it.

Yes, a dumb play that ended up costing the Sabres a win. HGe'll get what he get's from Shannahan but if I'm the Sabres, I'm thinking of kicking him up the arse regardless of what kind of suspension he receives .

If we've learned anything in recent years it's that the only thing that really matters is making the playoffs . After that, it becomes a lottery as to who makes it to the finals. In the west, even with the Hawks on that streak, I don't see any clear cut favorite. If I'm trying to pick a club or two who I think might make it to their conference finals, I just look at their lineup's and try to visualize if they are capable of getting great goaltending , being strong along the boards and have excellent special teams. Along with some serious motivation, that's usually all it takes.

Yes, a dumb play that ended up costing the Sabres a win. HGe'll get what he get's from Shannahan but if I'm the Sabres, I'm thinking of kicking him up the arse regardless of what kind of suspension he receives .

If we've learned anything in recent years it's that the only thing that really matters is making the playoffs . After that, it becomes a lottery as to who makes it to the finals. In the west, even with the Hawks on that streak, I don't see any clear cut favorite. If I'm trying to pick a club or two who I think might make it to their conference finals, I just look at their lineup's and try to visualize if they are capable of getting great goaltending , being strong along the boards and have excellent special teams. Along with some serious motivation, that's usually all it takes.

Well lets see, in about 18 minutes Kaleta's phone will ring. If he doesn't have it off the hook, lol. This is Mr Shanahan, Patrick, you are hereby suspended 7 games and $50,000. That is my prediction. We have plenty of goons to go around, Scott and Flynn included. One of those two big boys will likely dress vs the Devils. I would not expect trouble in Carolina, so we should be able to dress a hockey team. Come thursday the Devils will be waiting after Miller hollered at them skating off the ice. I dont know much about this big Irishmun Flynn. I would think he has to have more ability with a hockey stick then Scott.

Well lets see, in about 18 minutes Kaleta's phone will ring. If he doesn't have it off the hook, lol. This is Mr Shanahan, Patrick, you are hereby suspended 7 games and $50,000. That is my prediction. We have plenty of goons to go around, Scott and Flynn included. One of those two big boys will likely dress vs the Devils. I would not expect trouble in Carolina, so we should be able to dress a hockey team. Come thursday the Devils will be waiting after Miller hollered at them skating off the ice. I dont know much about this big Irishmun Flynn. I would think he has to have more ability with a hockey stick then Scott.

Like I said, I thought Katela's hit was more stupid than malicious but, his reputation and being a repeat offender are both going to play a big part in terms of how many games he'll get.

Like I said, I thought Katela's hit was more stupid than malicious but, his reputation and being a repeat offender are both going to play a big part in terms of how many games he'll get.

The word should be coming down soon. It wont break my heart becuase he is hurting us more than helping lately. On to Carolina. Wont know about Vanek until tomorrow's practice. I sure hope he is ready.

I think I will hope the Devils beat the leafs tonight

"Live by the sword, die by the sword" Patrick Kaleta will pay the real price one night.

Probably a blessing for us to get his arse off the ice. Can you believe the Devils and the fucking tank job they are doing? About to lose 5 in a row. Now I hope the pricks lose tomorrow to Tampa and we beat them Thurs. We could concievable move within one pt of them by Thurs. But Broduer is coming back tommorow. Its Broduer and Ziplickity or whatever his name is against the world for them. He is out to get Miller for stopping his arse cold in the SO and then rubbing his nose in it on the way off the ice.

Damn I hope Vanek is a go tonight. We have to win this game. Ward is out. Miller needs to be in there too. Rest later Ryan. Not now.

I think the Wild may end this streak of Chicago's tonight.

Well, the streak has to end sometime but I'm not sure it'll be tonight that it does

Canucks hosting San Jose tonight. I've got a feeling this could be a nasty one

Well, the streak has to end sometime but I'm not sure it'll be tonight that it does

Canucks hosting San Jose tonight. I've got a feeling this could be a nasty one

You would not think of that as a real rivalry but both are contenders. I think Anaheim is enemy number one in San Jose. For you guys I would think Chicago and Boston?

Ah, this just in. Vanek will play!!!!!

You would not think of that as a real rivalry but both are contenders. I think Anaheim is enemy number one in San Jose. For you guys I would think Chicago and Boston?

Ah, this just in. Vanek will play!!!!!

Chicago is easily our main rival . Boston..only because we embarassed ourselves against them in the finals. Like the Leafs and Montreal, there's a lot of Bruins fans in Vancouver that dates back to pre expansion . Ironically, before we entered the league, I was a big Hawks fan ! We may not have the same rivalry with San Jose as we do with Chicago but in recent years, games between us and them have become chippy affairs . With both teams struggling a little at the moment, I've got a feeling it will be a very heated game tonight.

Glad that Vanek's ready to go.

Chicago is easily our main rival . Boston..only because we embarassed ourselves against them in the finals. Like the Leafs and Montreal, there's a lot of Bruins fans in Vancouver that dates back to pre expansion . Ironically, before we entered the league, I was a big Hawks fan ! We may not have the same rivalry with San Jose as we do with Chicago but in recent years, games between us and them have become chippy affairs . With both teams struggling a little at the moment, I've got a feeling it will be a very heated game tonight.

Glad that Vanek's ready to go.

Cant buy a break. This goalie is not only robbing us blind, Vanek had a goal and it was under the goalies blocker past the line. But since they cant see the puck they wont award a goal. The puck was over the fucking line. We are down 2-0. Need a miracle third. Jersey about to lose 5 or 6 in a row.

Rask needs to be replaced...another tough loss.

He is a sack of shit and I knew he was going to be your achilles heel. Boston would be very wise to trade him. Thomas is never coming back and you have to get a franchise goalie. I would knock on Gillis's door and hope he does not slam it in your face.

Beautiful split dodge and dunk by Fehr puts he Bruins to bed. Caps tarting to rise. 3 pt deficit erased, shows poise is returning to team.

Damn, BD you did not want anything to do with this thread and now your boys win one and you are all over it. You just won the Super Bowl. Stop playing fair weather dude

Just watching the Rangers/Flyers game. Tomorrow, search the highlights for the Staal-slap shot to the face with no shield.......think he is going to be ok but too close to losing an eye

Archived